• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scripter Fresh 8.60 server, new map, looking for active scripter

Abbeh

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's up!

To start off with.. My name is Albin. I am seventeen years old and I am from Sweden.
Me and a friend is starting up a fresh 8.60 server with a whole new map, it's mainly a TFS server but it's adjusted to our likings.
However, we'd like an active and experienced scripter to join our side. We want someone who actually knows what he's doing and someone who is able to fix issues with a happy smile on his face. I know a lot about scripting myself, currently studying programming and design on college - But it was almost a year ago since I had my own OT-server up and running with me as the head of scripting and development.

NO DATE IS SET FOR WHEN TO LAUNCH THE SERVER

We are trying to get a hold of a website so there would be no need for an account manager who is just being a bitch to us.
There will also be a donation system, but I will focus on making the server stable before we get to that part.

I was an administrator for a professional gaming community called "Next Generation Gaming" where I stayed for a couple of months as an administrator, i'm still a member of their staff but not at the same level. This is the best experience that I have from being an administrator. Their GTA San Andreas Multi-Player server had around 600 players online 24/7.

What will the server be like?

The server will be a PVP-enforced server, where the best source of gaining experience is from killing eachother. We have a brand new map that we've mapped ourselves, so we'll be making new stuff almost every day.
We are not making a server where there are people running around UE'ing at level 500.000, no, that's not what it's going to be like.
The maximum level of our top players will be around 500-2000, not decided, but to be decided when we decide to launch.

What's our goals?

We are totally in for this and therefore we are aiming to have a server that a lot of people will want to play at. We will in the future try to get a hold of a professional hosting site where we can provide as small amount of lag and disorder for our players as possible.
This won't happen until we've launched and have let players settle down.

Why join us? Why script for/with us?

- We're two active guys setting up our new server, we'll be active 12 hours a day, able to communicate with eachother. We've been mapping a whole lot since we decided to bring a server up again. (Yes, I've had some 8.0 servers myself as long as being the co-owners of some 8.60's back in the days.) We will be submitting new features every single day until it's no longer needed to submit features in the decided pace.

What do we expect from you?

1. We expect that you are a mature and pleasant guy or girl who loves developing games and work for the benefit of the server, and not for your personal gains. Of course we'll have fun together while we work for the server, but let's face it, we're going to act professional. If you aren't taking it seriously, don't apply.

2. You MUST be able to communicate efficiently in English (Swedish works just as well, but the other guy is Danish, so English is a big +.)

3. I don't care what your age is as long as you know what you're doing, and as long as you act professional. If you're 10 and mature as a 43-year-old then great, good for you, i love you.

4. You can't get tired of scripting for the server after a week, this is a big project and we're not shutting down in at least a couple of months, so count on staying.

5. You are not to copy any of our work, the work belongs to us as long as we say so. This is subject to change. If we like you, you might be authorised to use our work for your own OT and/or spread the server to others. AS MENTIONED, SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

6. We communicate through SKYPE and nothing else (at the moment).

What do you get out of this?

If everything goes as it should, we will start earning money when the time comes. The money will go to sustaining the server's status, and that's a priority. The money that we earn apart from that will be shared between the head administrators of the server. And you will be a part of the head administration team.

You will also have the possibility to practice your skills in development and scripting as a whole. We'll learn from eachother more or less. You will make friends and since we'll be colleagues for quite some time i'm sure we'll bond.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simply post below if you're interested and I'll hit you up on Skype or something like that.

P.E.A.C.E

Last edited:
Jag kanske kan scripta men vad vill du att jag ska scripta i så fall ?

Elr adda mig på skype så kan vi snacka vidare där elr så bara skriver du här ;S

Namn: Eimen
Språk jag talar: Arabiska,svenska,engelska och finska
Jag är 13 år gammal
har jobbat med min bror på kanske 10-30 olika servers over 500+ players, jag är experienced mapper och scripter. jag kan vara activ typ 15/7 men skype alltid öppen.

Back