• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[idea]Moving OTCMS to the next level?

ZoOorO

Senator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the new idea of moving open tibia CMS to a new level.

I will now introduce the way we[not me but you guys] will make it easier to use open-tibia web based account management. We will do it with the help of Wordpress.
Small information about Wordpress for you guys who have no idea what wordpress is:
Source: Wikipedia.org said:
WordPress is an open source blog publishing application powered by PHP and MySQL which can also be used for basic content management. It has many features including a workflow[clarification needed], a plugin architecture, and an templating system. Used by over 2% of the 10,000 biggest websites, Wordpress is the most popular blog software in use today.[1]

Now how do we know that wordpress will be easy to use?
That's very simple, even the most stupid person can use wordpress. Its made very good and user friendly which means you won't be struggling when you're about to get started with it.

Will we be able to create new plugins, themes etc.?
Well of course we will, thanks to how simple it is it will be easy for the designers to create new themes. It is also very easy to add plugins and themes to it probably on of the best features with it!

Is wordpress safe to use?
It is very safe, its security is great. I haven't seen people complain about the security of it[latest version] so i suppose its safe.

If you people want to know more about it and how it works I suggest you to visit WordPress › Blog Tool and Publishing Platform and look around in their site you will find interesting things about it.

If you support this idea use this small picture in you're signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://otland.net/f251/idea-moving-otcms-next-level-69652/"][IMG]http://img.imgland.net/126671409948.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
I use wordpress for my website, it's amazing.. and easy :p

AND FREE!! :eek:

But, I don't think it should be introduced to open tibia.

Do you have any reason to say that? If not then your opinion is as good as nothing.

Most people don't even know how to use it. Also due to the fact, people are used to how websites are now.. I'm sure most people will have no interest in switching.

Most people don't even know how to use it. Also due to the fact, people are used to how websites are now.. I'm sure most people will have no interest in switching.
Most people search for something easy to use and wordpress is just perfect. Just because you see it as a boring thing to move forward in OT-development it doesn't mean everyone is like you. OT is advancing everyday but the CMS is still the old boring one and hard to use for the most beginners.

Most people search for something easy to use and wordpress is just perfect. Just because you see it as a boring thing to move forward in OT-development it doesn't mean everyone is like you. OT is advancing everyday but the CMS is still the old boring one and hard to use for the most beginners.

Can you please quote me on where I said it's "boring" to peruse a more advanced system then the current one? thanks.

Can you please quote me on where I said it's "boring" to peruse a more advanced system then the current one? thanks.
No need for me to quote what you said, you can scroll up and look at the way you express yourself. It sounded at least like you don't want it because it simple. Don't like it, leave it! :)

No need for me to quote what you said, you can scroll up and look at the way you express yourself. It sounded at least like you don't want it because it simple. Don't like it, leave it! :)

Well, good thing you able to back-up your assumptions ;)

(note the sarcasm)

end of conversation, stay on topic.

wrzasq already made OTSCMS, but it's outdated, good luck reviving it! :D

@Lostboy
`CMS` doesn't mean that it's made for WordPress :s

Imho we should make something safe and easy as Nicaw AAC with API that can provide basic functions. Then it would do the trick. WordPress is huge engine and we really wouldn't use all its power.

Back