• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Important]OpenTibia Revolution !

CristoferM

Reaction score
Well,i don't even know if its will be comparable to OpenTibia when this project become real.
It is more about Tibia and 2d MMORPGS after all.

I want to do a revolution,plan and create a game platform to do really custom 2d MMORPGS.
We need a good plan and a great community to make it possible.

I have to make clear that community discussion and feedback about this project is very important.

Well,whats is this "revolution"?

I see in OpenTibia and all distros a opportunity to do 2d mmorpgs.
It have a lot of build-in systems,its easy to configure,program(scripting) and run.
But its have too much pitfalls.
There have no good custom client to conect to it,there have no sprites or itens,almost everything come from Cipsoft.

It is really Bad.

Well still very engaged in Cipsoft template.Graphics,protocol,systems,everything.

Its time for change.Real change.

Some time ago i just questioned whats OpenTibia wanted to be in future,and the answers were not good.
We need a plan,a really good one.

Whats is my proposal?

We need to aim something.Something big.
The basis still will be Tibia.
The graphics will be in the same prespective,and type of graphics will be the same with the addiction of mist effect(i will talk about it below).
The map style will be changed a bit,to become more customized.
A custom client build from ground.

Change the style of the .dat and add Alpha channel(transparency) to spr.

i dont like how dat manage sprites.part per part,to do a one image.
My idea is to use Sprite sheets ,like that:

spritepa7.png

Other thing is to redo the structure of dat.It is horrible,we need to do something more clean.

Animated Project tiles,Animated outfits,everything will be planed.

Mist effect,its like a animation but drawed above all other graphics(even outfits) to do something like animated mist and other great things.

After it,we need to do a c++ library to manage the graphics in a clean way.its will be useful to make Items editors,map editors,etc.

The most important part in the graphics is to have help from community for creating a complete collection of sprites.
Like this project: [For the Public] Full Tibia re-sprite

Protocol:

We need to plan a real good and flexible protocol(for both server and client) and do a C++ Library to manage this.

Server:

We need to build a server who satisfy we needs.But the most important part is the scripting and how configurable its will be.

Client:

Client will have to manage all graphics and interface,but the most important part is to make it pretty customizable for real custom servers projects.

The key is organization,a good management team and a community to support it.
We need leaders,programmers,sprites,designers.
We need community,because they are the goal of this project.

Ps: I'm a br,my main language is not english and i sure that i made a lot of gramatical mistakes.But i ask to forgive it and try imagine this project better you can.

Cya ^_^

cipsoft already use png sprites in FC and FC supports alpha channel ;d
if client would be open source and have clean code it will be customizable
current otserv can be used as base probably cause it have tons of things done(simplifing protocol would be nice, cip make it more and more messy every update)
bigger(variable?) ammount of coloured oberlays for outfits(and items as well, sth like item baseid showing what base would be use and item virtualid used as client sided id would be needed to make hotkeys work properly)also instead of choosing from limited palette just use classic rgb 16bit colour palette

cipsoft already use png sprites in FC and FC supports alpha channel ;d
if client would be open source and have clean code it will be customizable
I don't have any interest in Flash Client,we need something open not something hacked.
The client project more than clean code its needs a clean design.

current otserv can be used as base probably cause it have tons of things done(simplifing protocol would be nice, cip make it more and more messy every update)
Current Otserver source is a mess.And in my concept of this project we need to plan a lot of things and a lot of these things will be really new to OpenTibia world.
Take the SharpOt example.Its is C#,but the design is so clear that i easily understand how server work behind the scenes.
We need something like this.
And like you said,a simplified and a Standard Protocol will be priority.
bigger(variable?) ammount of coloured oberlays for outfits(and items as well, sth like item baseid showing what base would be use and item virtualid used as client sided id would be needed to make hotkeys work properly)also instead of choosing from limited palette just use classic rgb 16bit colour palette
I don't understand this part of your post,but this graphic things will be handled by Graphics commite,who will be composed most by designers and spriters.

I really like you feedback ^_^

I mean sth like: now looktype can have 4 coloured overlays, you can create less but then some are just wasted params of outfit
It would be nice to incerase that number and probably store in new dat number of overlays available for given looktype or item
about virtualid or how else I can name it: baseid is id in dat of base sprite and virtualid is itemid used in scripts and hotkeys so you can have items like looktypes: one sprite set can create unlimited monsters

and instead of very limited tibia colour palette you would have sth like in mspaint: 0-255r, 0-255g, 0-255g giving 16777216 colour combinations available by every single overlay(virtually infinite possibilities of coloutring currently existing 4 overlay outfits, imagine possibilities of 8 or 10 overlay outfits)

Back