• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is possible to use custom sprites with OTClient?

Darth_Salva

Reaction score
Hi, i been out of this for years. Like 5 or 6 years ago i used to host some OT servers and i'm now beginning to update myself with current advances.

I saw there's an open source tibia client, aimed to be used in OTs. I would like to know reviews from users, is it good? do you recommend it? why?

And i'm planning to do again a server but i want to use some sprites of my own. I know you must compile your own client to do that and that's my main question: That open source client can be used and custom made sprites can be added? Is there a tutorial where i could get more info? Thanks!

Yep you can use custom sprites, on OTc, and yep its a good client to use, need some tweaking but its a good client.

OTC is better than the tibia client in my opinion. Its flexible so you can do anything you want with it(not to long ago someone made a test with 100 floors instead of the usual 16) if you have the skill. Its also free and open source witch is great!

Its also easy to make modules like CandyBot.

Thank you for your responses!
I wanted to get rid of using the official tibia client. Right now i'm checking about how to add my sprites.

And... Abusing of your kindness i have another question: Which are (currently) the limitations in the sprites? I'm not good in photoshop but i'm good in 3ds max and cinema 4D, i want to create the items there and render images, then if some are animated with effects (magic, sparks, glow, etc.) add them with after effects and finally export them as images or gifs or whatever the client could display. But i don't know how many sprites can handle an animated item or the color depth or the size in pixels...

They are limited in colors and size so you cant really render out a scene with lots of detail or full color range(I think they are limited to 255 colors but I'm not sure). Also I believe transparency is not fully supported.

You are better off making them in GIMP of PS because your are just going to waste time and energy with max or c4d(my opinion based on my own experiences with max). There are a number of tutorials on spriting out there that should get you started pretty well.

OTC supports transparency without limitations, you just need to enable the feature and the only color that should not be used is magenta (# FF00FF) because it will be removed by the client.

Back
Top Bottom