• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is the walking animation client or server based?

Tufte

Reaction score
The animation that makes your feet and arms move when you walk, is it done from client or server? Would it be possible to modify the sourcecode to make people just float forward without moving legs/arms?

It's client-sided I believe.
Although I bet it would be possible to use mayNotMove and send players in the direction that they press an arrow key toward.

Red

The walking animations are a combinations of 2(7 post 10.1x)frames(still images). they are played out one after another so you get this animation.

Its like when yuo where a kid and you drew a little person walking and you move him little by little and then you flipped the pages really quick.

If this playing of frames is handled by the SPR or DAT(that probably it is) then you would have to edit them instead of the server. I dont think the server tells the client to play frames after an action is triggered.

i want to teleport players using pushmove, but i also want them to not move their feet ^^ works if you add an item outfit, just wondering if I could do it with normal outfits aswell

The walking animations are a combinations of 2(7 post 10.1x)frames(still images). they are played out one after another so you get this animation.

Its like when yuo where a kid and you drew a little person walking and you move him little by little and then you flipped the pages really quick.

If this playing of frames is handled by the SPR pr DAT(that probably it is) then you would have to edit them instead of the server.
ok.. kinda what i expected but had to ask

Back