• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Journal Excerpt [Teaser 2]

iMadison

Back from the dark.
Reaction score
Pages 1 through 4 of General Brigadier McCauley, Seph's journal, found in ?????'s ruins, Site B.

It is the year 2022. Earth is over as we know it. That’s why my team and I fled, along with every other surviving Echelon soldier.
My name is Seph McCauley, General Brigadier of the Echelon Elite, a force of highly-skilled stealth soldiers, and leader of Blue Squad.
On December 12, 2022, the super-massive Nuclear World War reached its highest peak of destruction that ultimately brought the end of Earth upon mankind. The mass-radiation and heat of the thousands of nuclear warheads tore up the Earth’s ozone layer, letting the suns’ UV rays hit the world, unprotected, therefore slowly turning the Earth’s surface into an uninhabitable scorching wasteland. But a strange an unimaginable thing occurred during this raging fight that threatened to wipe out the human race. A hole in space appeared beside the moon; a wormhole.
Noticing that there was no way to end this fight on Earth and no way to survive it, we escaped through this special rift. We did not know where it would lead us, but that was a chance we had to take, for there was no long-term way to live with Earth gone to us. But that chance was a mistake, a big mistake that led us to hell.
What lay before us on the other side of the wormhole was breathtaking to say the least. A planet the size of Earth stared straight at us with such immense beauty. It was entirely green as far as we could see; no hint of an ocean or even a large lake could be seen, unless they were hidden by the many thick clouds. And in our moment of awe, we did not notice that we had lost our primary ship engine and were heading for a collision course with this alien planet.
We crash landed the ship after hitting tree after tree; out of 30 of us, only twelve of us survived the landing. The ship was destroyed and useless. As of then, there was no way off this place.
Only moments later, 2 more soldiers died while we were recovering what we could from the ships’ wreckage; we were attacked by what must have been the “bugs” of this planet except they were nothing compared in size and strength to those on Earth. Many came after us, disturbed by our intrusion of their jungle, but eventually we were able to hold them off and they stopped coming... but it felt as if they stopped coming not because they were afraid of us, but of something else.
And it was only a few hours later that we found out what exactly it was that halted nature’s assault on us. We found the true owners of this planet.
They moved with such great speed and agility. One even seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. And though there were only four of them, they killed off the team, one by one, with such ease. They attacked with blades that could penetrate anything and with what seemed to be like guns that shot plasma that burned like lava.
That moment, we learned that we weren’t the only intelligent form of life on this planet, nor the strongest. We had left Earth only to find ourselves in an exotic hell, being hunted like an eagle does to a rat.
This is Seph McCauley signing off. I don’t know where I am right now or how long I will stay alive for, but I do know one thing. I’m the only survivor of Blue Squad.​

The pages thereon after are to ruined to make out. Standby for further updates.
-

wayyy not inspired by Halo Reach at all. so no, has nothing to do with Dr. Hasleys Journal on Spartans.

Back