• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lithera Project - Development Thread!

Crolly

Lithera♣ Dev
Reaction score
Lithera
'A war server beyond your imagination...'

Parchment_%28Grey%29.gif
- Introduction -
Parchment_%28Grey%29.gif
When we first were talking about creating a server we wanted to create something new, something unique, something that might even be revolutionary within Open-Tibia.
We said that we could create an unique Evolution, a Real-Map or a server with a complete custom map - but no. All of these servers are to be found everywhere, and no matter how well customized we create them it will not be revolutionary.
We knew that we had to come up with something completely new - something that no one else ever had done. With this in our mind, we started thinking and asked ourself; What can we create that might be revolutionary?
This is when we said; why don't we try to create an Open-Tibia server that would simulate the game Dota? This concept of an Open-Tibia server can or cannot work, but with all these ideas in our heads we thought "Why don't we try and see?" - This is how we got started... We thought that we would not try to use the same team structure as Dota, infact we said that we would not make the map anything like the original Dota map. So we said that we could create a warmap just like any other War-Server use and keep the heroes/items/spells!

If this project interests You, please, feel free to contribute to the project by giving us constructive feedback, inspiriation and ideas! If someone would contribute with an idea that could give us more success, then the person in question will be greatly rewarded ingame. With this said, I hope that you will keep reading the content below, have fun reading!

Hero.gif
- Heroes -
Hero.gif

As we are aiming for some kind of Dota feeling over the server, we said that we would create heroes instead of using the old Tibian vocations. We will be copying heroes from Dota but we will also invent and create our very own heroes, with brand-new abilities! Now you might wonder how the spell system will work, I can say that each hero will have its very own abilities, both passive spells and normal spells - you can read about the unique spell system further down in the thread. However, there will be X heroes available for free at your very own Private account. Your private account will contain X heroes that are Free To Play! In order to expand your account with further heroes you will have to purchase heroes from the shop at the website - this will cost real money.
The hero stats you achieve ingame will save upon loggout or server restart - you don't need to worry about logging out to see that your heroes stats were resetted when you login again. Moreover that, a Hero can be used by unlimited players at the same time, this way you will be able to play whatever hero you have in your character list. Information about the heroes and their abilities will be available to read on the website - but to make things easier there will be an ingame command that will give you all the information you need about the hero you want. This command would give you the information you need about the hero Crystal Maiden: !Hero "Crystal Maiden". This system will make it very easy to learn how certain heroes works and what their abilities are. There are three kinds of heroes, agility, intelligence and strength. Every hero will have its very own unique outfit, the outfits cannot be changed ingame.

Spellbook_of_Dark_Mysteries.gif
- Spells -
Spellbook_of_Dark_Mysteries.gif

As we are going to create customized spells & abilities for every single Hero, we will not use the tibian spells at all. Now you might ask yourself, what about the classic spells, such as Exura etc? These spells will not remain in the system - healing will not be so essential as in Tibia.
It's up to you and your Hero what abilities you choose to upgrade and what items you decide to buy, buying items that will make you survive longer might consist of more HP/MP regeneration. However, your MP/HP will always regenerate depending on what Hero you are playing, for example the Crystal Maiden Hero's mana regeneration will increase way faster than it's HP regeneration because it is an intelligence Hero. Anyway, the spells will not be executed by saying just "Stun!" or "Fireball!", but there will be certain items that can be found in every Hero's spellbook. These are items that works just as runes and you can lock them to your hotkeys, though some of these abilities/spells might be passive and cannot be used - these can be seen at its description.
To make things easier for the players, there will be an informative message that appears everytime you receive a new condition, for example: You got stunned by "Playername!".

Treasure_Map_%28Pirate%29.gif
- Map/Screenshots -
Treasure_Map_%28Pirate%29.gif

The map is still under construction, but what we can tell you so far is that we are aiming for a map that will be Clean (not overcrowded with details!). As written in the instruction, the map will be just like any other Warmap but it will contain several boss spawns and a few quests - in order to enter boss spawns/quests you are sometimes required to have X level or X item. What we would like to point out is that the map is not our highest priority but the Systems are! Therefore we do not care if some area on the map is not well mapped or whatsoever!
We will not consider your feedback on the map Unless it is something that will disable players from walking somewhere etc.

Map.gif

brtEq.png

Map.gif

hkSE9.png

Map.gif

99JyN.png

Map.gif

4PvcA.png

Gamemaster.gif
- Team -
Gamemaster.gif
The team consists of highly proffesional people who knows what they are doing.
Currently there are Three Members in the team, everyone specialized in their own area.

• Ralcoral - Head Programmer/Founder (Lua/C++/PHP)
  • Crolly - Project Leader/Mapper/Web-Developer (Mapping/Web-Development/Organizing)
  • No Otland-User - Programmer (Lua/C++)

If You would like to apply to join the team, please send some of the team member a PM.
Recruitments are kept in Private, so don't ask/apply for a position in the thread!

Some of this threads content has been inspired by other threads, if anyone wants credit for this post - Please, send me a PM!
This thread has been created by the Lithera-Team and we ask you to respect that this is our work and not to copy it, thanks!

- Dragons are rare to be found on the continent, but this player have certainly found a lair!
MjBTG.gif
gameplay "Crystal Maiden"

Last edited:
Crolly, Y U KEEP POSTING GOOD IDEAS!?

Really. This is the best idea in a long time.

Kudos.

Crolly, I got some ideas that I think that COULD please you.

PM me? ;)

No can do brother.

I want this server to be unique <3
Crolly da man!!11!1!!11one!111!1!1!

Sharing is caring. True.

I am sharing with Crolly therefore.

Sharing is caring.

If we decide to use the ideas you provide us they will still be spoiled once the server goes online, but lets keep them secret until then shall we? :ninja::ninja:

If we decide to use the ideas you provide us they will still be spoiled once the server goes online, but lets keep them secret until then shall we? :ninja::ninja:

Jaujau.

Are you on MSN? I need to talk to you again :rolleyes:

I would like to see some more feedback on this idea, everyone leaving constructive criticism will earn my reputation points :)!

Back