• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking for a solid concept

Well i thougt about copy the arena several times. Sicne each arena will take approx. 1mb, so 100 arena = 100mb = rl map = 1k players xd

Yeah, could work. Would you do this in OTC? (probably a dumb question)

Ive been playing with a concept in my head for ages: Something like the old tibialight server. It's a otserver based on dungeon crawling where you have to complete the first level in order to get to the next level with cool very rare legendary drops that give player a reason to do levels multiple times. If you want to hear more about it pm me ;) :p
You just took it out of my brain did you? Cause old Tibialight was so omgfggood !
OMG. This was one of the best servers I've ever played. The amount of fun I had on here was endless <3 Every time I saw that blue arrow I had an orgasm! It was such an awesome feeling when you found a legendary item ^_^ Like I could hunt for 10 hours and not get bored because of the legendary drops! Everything about the server was so awesome. The way the items worked was epic. The spell system was so cool cause it had custom spells and it was simple cause you had 3 spells slots and you could switch your combination of spells. The gem system was also awesome like everything was just great lol. I seriously wish it would come back :( Even if someone else did try to make it I still don't think it would be a good as the original.

Well that is the big question, since i have no skills with otclient :p

Oh really, which tfs?
well talk private about that since I used a customized one :) But hey hit me up with a add on skype : qaushinio

and yeh Alan it was godlike

Instanced map and loading .otbms from external map files in realtime is possible for a moba server. Idk if he's willing to release it (maybe he already did) but you can ask @tarjei about that. I did start working on a MOBA server with 2 great developers (@Sportacus & @_dante) but we didn't get far as interest in the project died pretty quickly.

If you decide to work on this type of server, get in touch with me and maybe we can revive the others and continue the development of it as we already have done some stuff such as profound planning and documentation, 1 character (design, spells, etc.), client UI and whatnot.

xTomU2a.png

Teckman has also done some stuff in this area, but good luck getting in contact with that guy. (RIP bro)

If you decide to make something else, here are some suggestions:
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R based server
    Survival in a post-apocalyptic type of setting in an area affected by radiation that causes various anomalies, mutations, events and is used as a device that generates story progression. Features semi-modern weaponry and no magic, but instead of magic, the anomalies and mutations could give players abilities as well as weaknesses.

• Sword Art Online based server
    (I must say this every time 'cause I really wish someone makes this ;-;)
    RPG server with no magic, only swords and abilities with swords. The map is a giant castle (figuratively) made of 100 floors. Each floor features a city and hunting places, and dungeons. One main dungeon connects all 100 floors, but players can only unlock the next floor and progress through the dungeon once they beat the dungeon boss of each floor. Death penalty could be pretty harsh to make it similar to the anime.

• Alfheim Online based server (The second game from the SAO arc)

RPG server where players play as 1 out of 6 different races of fairies, each with their own city in a circular map that has the Tree of Life in the middle of it. On top of the Tree of Life awaits the final boss, and players from different races must work together in order progress in the game. Between the cities lie a ton of hunting grounds and questing areas. Maybe the most important thing to mention here is the interesting form of travel players are given here: flying.

• Yu-gi-oh based server

I know this might sound pretty retarded but I love Yu-gi-oh and they have a TON of monsters, spells and traps that can be turned into creatures and spells for an RPG server made in a fashion of the "Virtual World" from the Yu-Gi-Oh series 2. And your cards (that you've unlocked) would be the creatures you are able to summon (similar to how you summon pokemons in a pokemon ot). You get credits for killing monsters in this virtual environment and with enough credits, you can buy new cards/spells/traps. A ton of ideas for bosses, quests, etc. in their lore.

• Doctor Who based server

The Doctor is an elderly time-travelling alien with a ship that can traverse all dimensions of time and space. In this server you'd play a role of his companion (since he usually has one in the TV show), whether The Doctor is fully excluded from the game due to some story factor, or he's just a guide but you go on to have your own adventure. Once again, I've started working on a time-travelling based server before, and the concept is really fun to work on. Unfortunately we never got to finish it, maybe one day we will, but I'd like to see someone else try in the meantime. The possibilities are endless with this concept.
There's my 2 cents, let me know what you think. :)

Cheers everyone for the suggestions. I'm getting closer to decide.

Sorry but nope, those concepts req custom sprs :/

I believe alot of people have complete or part made servers as well as maps, scripts, systems and ideas that never been completed nor released. This does orcourse include myself and I would love to see people released their stuff, completes them or pass them along for someone to complete or work on.
The Custom OT era has begun, we see more and more servers that are greatly made and I hope this continues, if some of us complete and release custom server packs that you almost can klick and run, we'll see a change for sure!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Well i'm not intressted to use other people server. Since i rather doing everything from scratch. Due to, i know how to hold the codes optimized and etc..

Well i'm not intressted to use other people server. Since i rather doing everything from scratch. Due to, i know how to hold the codes optimized and etc..
okay printer. If you want the best concept? Here I got it. (if you make this happen I guarantee to pay your hosting for 6 months on a high quality host of your choice.)

A server where people are split in fractions ( Human, Cyclopse, Dwarves, Dragons, Elves, Minotaures, etc.)

Each fraction comes with UNIQUE Classes. As an example : Humans : Hunter, Assassin, Warrior, Mage, Priest, necromancer
Elves, Elf Arcanist etc... each class has its own splitclasses and they are in constant war with each other.
Clans can be occupied by other clans(the hometowns) by using hammers to smash their walls etc which weakers overall town or whaaatever.

The level system is mission based. You can get up to level 1k+ in my dreamserver of this concept, but you cannot do it by 24/7 botting. As a greate task kill 200x you get 20 levels by hunting and 60 by completing the missions itself.
Hunting areas are (1 huge normal area of map with alot of hunting spots etc) and then realms and Instances.
Wile realms can go from .. hm fire reals where you fight CUSTOMIZED monsters such as fire elemtnals etcb ut ofc adpted to the server in terms of dmg etc. and missions could be to defeat the areas boss etc.
Mission completion can come with benefits such as % manaregen on mages % hitchance on archers or stuff like this, and then there is a BUNCH of realms. fire real light realm holy realm death realm earth realm etc with its own missions and bosses that still varriate alote so it doesnt get boring.

Instaces are capped with levels. they are NEVER easy. You can enter the first one at level 50, eventho a level 50 human archer is basically 2hit by the monsters it doesnt matter as tha tauren Warrior who is very tanky can hold the line, instances require team but you benefit from the very good loot and amazing exp you get. at level 150 you reached the maximum for it and g2 get t the realms to get to level 250 to be able to enter the next instance.. or smth like this..

as an example of variety you could make dragon class unable to use heal spells but only health regen spells or give a werewolf the deficite to not be able to use weapons but claws instead or whatever use ur fantasy haha

this is my dreamserver. that gets into very high levels but stays lovely.. a slow start where you feel very tough at level 200 and keep making same speed steps on your way to the top.

Back