• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking into the future...

Fugra

Yoshi
Reaction score
What do you want to see in future servers?
# Post Reply

- Standard Client no custom client?
- Perfected Monster AI? (Monsters react instant like real tibia)
- Perfected Attributes? (Atk Speed,Life Steal,Gear Score,Crit Chance,Crit Dmg)
- Sandbox world? (Players can change enviroment)
- Arena? (Team Balancing[ Balance depending on gearscore,voc,level]Multiply Maps per GameType,Multiply Game Types)
- Events? (Multiply Maps per GameType,Multiply Game Types)
- Perfected NPC AI (NPCs that walk around to destinations and do their jobs)

Im very curious and would like to help to give the people what they want :D

i don't get it what are you trying to help with?
We already have all that.

But From Client point of view, that would be awesome if we had: OTLand Client.
We log in as Otland user.
First we see Server selection window. (server in the list will be added by OTland Client Owner)
As a user we have to look for the server we want to play and "tick" them
After we have gone trough list
We Enter 1 of the servers we chose from list.
As we Enter Server the Client already changes automatically and we see server information as background and place where we can make character for that server without going into website.

And that's basically it.

This would help us all bring the community a little closer to eachother and instead of having client for each different server we would have 1 with good server options in it. (OTLand Client Owner doesn't need to add daily reset servers or copy servers, but actual fun and playable servers)

And the Era of Merging Projects will come even closer.

Monsters reacted instantly before TFS 1.0/1.1 XD
Maybe we'll get it back in the future though, it's a shame since pretty much all servers using newer client versions the mobs are so dumb compared to 8.6 and older versions :(

Monsters reacted instantly before TFS 1.0/1.1 XD
Maybe we'll get it back in the future though, it's a shame since pretty much all servers using newer client versions the mobs are so dumb compared to 8.6 and older versions :(
I use TFS 1.0
My newest creations will woop your ass any time.

- Arena? (Team Balancing[ Balance depending on gearscore,voc,level]Multiply Maps per GameType,Multiply Game Types)

And what are you going to do with this information? Write these scripts and keep them yourself?

Create a home for Tib Vets who enjoy Co-op war^^ zbizu and for Ahilphino mobs aint the smartest on OT even 1.0/1.1 they have a delay (run some rosh rl tibs then jump on a server you'll know the differnce ;))

TFS Monsters need onBrains() xD

# Just my opinion xD

The rest of the TFS project is beautiful and do appriciate the help from forums and other places :)

Create a home for Tib Vets who enjoy Co-op war^^ zbizu and for Ahilphino mobs aint the smartest on OT even 1.0/1.1 they have a delay (run some rosh rl tibs then jump on a server you'll know the differnce ;))

that's exactly what i said, that the tfs 1.0/1.1 monsters are absolutely retarded
(https://otland.net/threads/weird-monster-behaviour-in-tfs-1-1.228021/#post-2200365 this atleast fixes how the monsters follows player KINDA, it's still worse than previous versions as codinablack described the issue and there's still more issues with the new monster behaviour than in older versions)

Last edited:
Monster AI can be replaced by lua scripts easily.
The problem is I'm too lazy to rewrite whole code to lua XD
Improving pathfinding is the worst part.

Monster AI can be replaced by lua scripts easily.
The problem is I'm too lazy to rewrite whole code to lua XD
Improving pathfinding is the worst part.
Idk what you mean by replacing AI, but i made to monsters what collect lot of Data from around them.
(how many unique players around with their metadata, what items are nearby on the floor, what are creature conditions, etc)

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<monster name="Example" nameDescription="an example" race="blood" experience="10" speed="200" manacost="0" script="ai.lua">
</monster>

\data\monster\scripts\ai.lua
Code:
function onCreatureAppear(self, creature) return ai.onCreatureAppear(self, creature) end
function onCreatureDisappear(self, creature) return ai.onCreatureDisappear(self, creature) end
function onCreatureMove(self, creature, oldPosition, newPosition) return ai.onCreatureMove(self, creature, oldPosition, newPosition) end
function onCreatureSay(self, creature, type, message) return ai.onCreatureSay(self, creature, type, message) end
function onThink(self, interval) return ai.onThink(self, interval) end
*ai table is declared in my lib (still WIP)

example in action:
https://i.imgur.com/815P4uz.gifv

Last edited:
you can add Script there like that?!
:eek: i registered always new event when i wanted to make them do stuff when they first appear or find a player..

Does he simply cast spells or check for player pattern? and depending on that casts spells?
Because well seems its not an AI what im making but my spells, are like that. Depending on player positions it will choose the spell what would be most beneficial for monster.

Last edited:
(y) nice work around ^^ zbizu

#But I still think the monsters will still be "Retarded" even with a script attached to it still ;)

Last edited:
What do you want to see in future servers?
# Post Reply

Im very curious and would like to help to give the people what they want :D

Custom client is always awesome! Even more so if you plan to use custom sprites (as long as they fit in and are well done). The only problem with custom client is that
a lot of people are either to lazy to download them, or are scared of getting a virus. I for one love custom clients.

Monster AI is really cool. I've only seen a few servers do this in the past and even then it was pretty basic. Tibia is to easy in my opinion and this is why people can easily bot. I've always wished
to see super AI monsters, imagine how cool it would be to fight things that are smart, possibly smarter then you. You never know what they could do or use hehe. I would love a nice challenge for once instead of the generic smash your hotkeys.

Attritube systems are awesome! Boring generic items are lame, it's much more exciting with all kinds if unique stats. The only problem is balancing them.

What exactly do you mean by players can change enviroment? For example, if there is a castle and the gate is closed. You choose to destroyed the gate and you're sucessful. From now on the gate will always be destroyed
therefore a player changed the enviorment. I honestly think that's pretty cool, if that's what you meant by it!

NPC AI would be awesome just likee monster AI. Imagine the possiblites here, it's crazy.

I think you shoud try and do as much unique stuff as possible. There is unlimited amounts of creativity so the possiblilites are endless. I'm so tired of seeing so many real maps, download and run servers, etc..
if people actually put though and ideas into thier server there could be some amazing stuff out there!

What exactly do you mean by players can change enviroment? For example, if there is a castle and the gate is closed. You choose to destroyed the gate and you're sucessful. From now on the gate will always be destroyed
therefore a player changed the enviorment. I honestly think that's pretty cool, if that's what you meant by it!

Exactly, Zasranets. Thank you for your input :)

#animatedScenery(Traps,Growing Grass)
#destroyEnviroment(Bridges,walls,buildings)
#randomizedDungeons (Dungeon gets created as players progresses through tomb adding sections like puzzle pieces)

: just some carrots for the soup :p

: All comments will be taken into the account, Feel free to speak your mind :D

Last edited:
@Fugra
I didn't made changes to everything. It won't be "retarded" if you rewrite it completely.

@Fugra
I didn't made changes to everything. It won't be "retarded" if you rewrite it completely.

Yup needs a rework in my opinion to create a fast pace enviroment

: I do realize though TFS is stable and tinkering with the sources might break/stress the server (The TFS team is doing a fine job :) Koodos Homies)

#Hardcode

Back