• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Maybe a cool idea.. :D Monster grouping o.O

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Well i figured, why not have hordes of enemies that fight together i know there are summons etc but this can add some variety amongst a server ... Worth a shot

I was bored so i did this

gIMcq-.png

39_IiN.png

The idea is to make them 1 monster, with 3x the hp and 3x the attack.. :eek: or instead of 3x attack maybe 3x the attack speed.

E.g. 20:59 You see an Orc horde. They look dangerous.

--------- Updated ---------

And a big thanks to shadowsong for posting these on here to show people how smoothly it works aswell as provide you all with the goblin horde sprite :) gogogoggo rep him :p

Maybe later, but there's actually a useful tutorial on this topic in this very section of the forum, I just saw it. And the rest is common photoshop/image editing knowledge, just gotta slice the pieces of 64x64 pixels to 32x32.

Anyway, here you go:
900d43f5c5c945911ed134f6f14ba8ca.gif

dab7c10512942c32f3878ed75240e6cd.gif

Here are the step by step animations in all directions if anyone wants them. As you can see, it's quite simple.

Last edited:
Seems like an alright idea actually. And probably quite simple to add :p

exactly as i thought :D glad i wasn't the only one :D

Also the walk animations etc would be just as smooth as with the single sprite, so i'm surprised this hasn't been done.

This is a very nice idea. I might add something like this to Necronia if you don't mind. I'll also share the animations when they're finished here if anyone wants to use them. :D

It's good to have since it can add to the RPG feeling. Or can even be used as a boss in some respect.. Or even bosses :eek: (the three muskateers - goblin assassins would suit this :p)

Nice idea buy i Wang to use it in my server buy dont know how to make it Walk and thing like other monsters someone could help??

- - - Updated - - -

But not buy

It's practically 5 mins of work overall.
Take one monster and its moving frames, multiply it by 3 on a 64x64 canvas, export the pieces and align them in DatEditor and you've got yourself the looktype. If you have any experience with adding custom sprites to game, you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, then I suggest you look at the tutorial or small art section, there should be some handy stuff. (cba to look right now)

It's practically 5 mins of work overall.
Take one monster and its moving frames, multiply it by 3 on a 64x64 canvas, export the pieces and align them in DatEditor and you've got yourself the looktype. If you have any experience with adding custom sprites to game, you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, then I suggest you look at the tutorial or small art section, there should be some handy stuff. (cba to look right now)
Can you make a video tutorial step by step so i can understand it please??

Maybe you should gain some common sense.. oh wait your you..
Havoc asks computer a question: What is the probability of him gaining any dignity, nobility, or any common sense at all?
Calculations: Probability 0%

Ontopic: This is a really cool idea..

Maybe later, but there's actually a useful tutorial on this topic in this very section of the forum, I just saw it. And the rest is common photoshop/image editing knowledge, just gotta slice the pieces of 64x64 pixels to 32x32.

Anyway, here you go:

Here are the step by step animations in all directions if anyone wants them. As you can see, it's quite simple.

Anyway, here you go:

ok i Will download it when i come Home thanks :p

Cheers shadow. See how easy it is? I am suprised no one has done this before.. :)

Back