• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My Real Map Project (Discussion Thread)

JoSePh15_

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm here to discuss my new real map project. This real map is going to be very unique, it will have it's own custom made AAC (highly edited gesior, so there will be no sql injections what so ever), 90% of real map quests will be added (even the low lvl's ones), my main goal off donations will be to pay the dedicated and buy new unique scripts for the server. By the way, all the donation items that are going to be sold are obtainable in-game (except some of them like the V.I.P.), all the other items are very hard to loot, but can be obtained = )

I made this discussion thread because i'll need your opinions and suggestions. And in the future I might recruit my staff from here !!

What have I done so far?
  • I've finished customizing the AAC (thanks to averatec) 90% done
  • The map work (I'll check for every single quest) 50% done
  • Donations will be done by AlertPay or PayPal (thinking about removing PayPal). You get your donations in-game, with in-game commands. 100% done
Information about the server so far
  • The server will be hosted by Don Daniello (He's very trusted and helpful)
  • It's going to be 8.60
  • The server will have a custom client.
Suggestions?
  • What should be the exp rates?
  • Should I make the runes and the pots infinite?
  • What should the advertisements be like?
  • What should be added to excite the people to come and play this OT rather than any other basic Real Map OT.
  • I'm searching for a UNIQUE name for the server, any suggestions?
  • If you ever wanted something on a real map and you couldn't get, tell me what you want.

I'm going to add screen shots every once and a while to show you what I've done so far. (Screen shots of the site and the Server will be added)! =)
That's all for now I guess, if you are going to troll please just press the x button on the top right of the screen.

The server is planned to go online in June/July.

Thank you for reading and for your suggestions,
JoSePh15_

Last edited:
Wouldn't bother posting here,
you'll get

"ANOTHER REAL MAP LULLLZZZ"

just as I did

Advising you not to put any effort in an 8.60 server. You will not get players if you have a custom client also.

That's the only way that I will prevent getting botters all over the god damn server... (using cc)

And about 8.60, check otservlist, check the clients of the servers... 8.6

Good luck, you'll need it. ;)

My advice: start hosting and work on it behind closed doors -- get players first, then discuss -- otherwise people will say, "you're going to fail, you'll never get online", etc. And who wants to here that bu****it?

I'm posting this on my bb so there might be some spelling mistakes.
Well better features=more players, and I have to finish working on the basic stuff at least to start hosting ... :D

It has nothing to do with how good your server is.

It's about how many teams will play your server, and how good is your dedication server protected from DDoS attacks, DrDoS attacks, SSYN and so on.

Would like to play a custom client, but tired of playing other's ots!

Anyways, i hope you good luck!

Kind regards, Denix

Evull, recommend me a dedicated? :) and how to advertise and get those freakin teams to my OT? :)

I think don's the best dedicated I've got so far.. :)

contact team leaders such as beo from violent saints or ask frinds to make teams :p

Contacted him, if you know any other GOOD teams that will get the server a live, gimme names =)

Good luck!

I hope you take some hints I gave you :)

I don't like RL maps in any way, even if it has 100000 of functions or whatever.
Although I wish you goodluck!

That's the only way that I will prevent getting botters all over the god damn server... (using cc)

And about 8.60, check otservlist, check the clients of the servers... 8.6

Wrong, You have it completely wrong.... 8.6 is the botting client because thats where bots pretty much ended, so in conclusion, go higher than 8.6 and your probablem will be half solved, there's still the matter of Neobot, but even that is finished now (mostly).

If you're thinking, i'll go 8.6 because people enjoy 8.6, then you're again wrong, people play 8.6 because they can bot, most realmap 8.6 servers allow botting, that's why there successful, people want to join the server, level with a bot, then war(with a bot).

Only way you're going to get a semi-legit server, with no botters is to go 7.4 & then moderate it like a hawk, people enjoy playing 7.4 without bots more than 8.6 imo, i'd never play 7.8+ without a bot, because i go with 'If there's hotkeys, i might aswell pull out the parade'. Though tibianic highrate is popular because he allows the bots, so really.. might aswell give up, lets face it more people like bots, than those that don't.

Last edited:
Tibianic high rate is popular because he allows the bots? How mental are you Amusement? The reason why it was popular was because people lost trust in mastercores, left that server. Then it was such a coincidence that tibianic-hr came up the same week and everybody joined that server. It has nothing to do with 'he allows bots', he actually tries banning botters; but he said from the beginning that he will not focus on tibianic-hr as much as his low rate server.

Tibianic high rate is popular because he allows the bots? How mental are you Amusement? The reason why it was popular was because people lost trust in mastercores, left that server. Then it was such a coincidence that tibianic-hr came up the same week and everybody joined that server. It has nothing to do with 'he allows bots', he actually tries banning botters; but he said from the beginning that he will not focus on tibianic-hr as much as his low rate server.

@Joseph~ 5 %? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

@Joseph~ 5 %? :(

Are you kidding? Yea originally it was because mastercores closed & there was no other they could goto seeing as the only 7.4 was Tibianic lowrate.
People mainly stay now because they can bot, i had a bot farm on there making GFBs out the ass, continusely for 2 weeks straight lmao.. He likes to let you think he bans people & he lets deluded people like you believe he does, but back when i was playing the main 2 guilds Vendetta & Kamikaze had bot farms like crazy & half the PLs on the server had aswell.

Hell, nearly everyone i knew was botting an EK & it was level 50~ so please, you obviously know nothing about the server in which you played. - In saying all this, i haven't touched the server now in 2weeks because i started to dislike it, for these reason so i don't know if the owner has actually picked his ass up, but as far as i can tell from the forums, he hasn't. Oh & don't mention aimbotters, he bans them because he can easily be assured of the legitimacy of the proof & he knows peope will cry if the person accused is not banned but farms on that server, and cavebotters.. oh my, you obviously have no idea.

EDIT: <Seems it is broken? lol i got the same bug as evull.

Last edited:
@amusement
Read what I've said, most ppl like playing 8.6 SO, I'll use this client but will customize it so no bots can be allowed !! :)

@joseph

trust me; nobody would start playing an ot without a bot, i can guarentee that.. now a days, there are hardly any servers which get players if they do not have big teams playing, or its a popular server that has a big reputation and polish(no racism, it's the truth, tell me a popular 8.60 server with no teams normal rate and not polish), maybe 1-2 servers get a lot of players, but they are usually high rates and so on

some servers are swedish? :/

no offense but I prefer swedish players, they are kinda smarter than polish players xD!

@amusement
Read what I've said, most ppl like playing 8.6 SO, I'll use this client but will customize it so no bots can be allowed !! :)

I did, and you didn't get what i said. There are more people playing 8.6 because of bots, not because there are NO bots.
You making your own server for a version that is played the most because of BOTS, & making so you can't use that main feature that people play 8.6 for, no one will play your server (Well not "No one" but the majority wont)

Oh, and Swedish are no more smarter than Polish, the reason Polish are dunces is because the Polish that do play tibia are a younger audiance, you'll notice an older Polish player because there is a larger chance he will actually speak English to you, people that don't know someone else language are more prone to be aggressive, because they hate not understanding.

Back