• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Thorsan 8.0 (Mid-Rates) BETA for upcoming RPG Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Raotiz i will give you info since i know you are a noob at this. Low rate ranges from 4x~1x experience that is low rate mr raotiz and server beta is indeed mid rates now you know the differences you stupid little cunt

lol someone is salty, so why the topic is mid rate if you say 2x is lowrate?

omg u dont udnerstand the beta is not going to be 2x ..... its going to be mid rate with rates of 15x 10x

lol someone is salty, so why the topic is mid rate if you say 2x is lowrate?
100x-2x during summer.
2x after summer..

during summer = mid rate (beta)
after summer = RPG (launch)

You should consider higher rates after 110, noone wants to level 2x when they know it's gonna reset after a shortwhile, also the fragtime seems to be long for a mid/highrate.

and for the lowrate maybe a bigger tasklist, and not only super strong monsters.

You should consider higher rates after 110, noone wants to level 2x when they know it's gonna reset after a shortwhile, also the fragtime seems to be long for a mid/highrate.

and for the lowrate maybe a bigger tasklist, and not only super strong monsters.

agree

Changed the rates a bit, they will end with 4x after level 110 :)

hope ur making a new task system for when lowrate comes out, this one doesnt look good

For me it feels like this kind of tasks is mote suitable for a mid/highrate server. I would rather see tasks similar to medivia on a lowrate server.

Another alternative could be to adjust the loot from the Bosses and amount of monsters to kill. Also make it so that it is one for each orc, mino etc and not having them all in the same.

Would also Love to see some grinding tasks and personally i think it would be more fun if the rewards for each task is not revealed from the start. Let players find out the reward by themself. Would be cool with task npc in different cities aswell and not just in one.

Also if it is possible some sort of reward for amount of different tasks completed. ( something like realtibia where you advance in rank and get something for each rank)

And thumbsup to you for listening to the community and changing the exp rate on beta altough i would have liked to seen it a little bit higher.

Goodluck with your server and keep up the good work.

For me it feels like this kind of tasks is mote suitable for a mid/highrate server. I would rather see tasks similar to medivia on a lowrate server.

Another alternative could be to adjust the loot from the Bosses and amount of monsters to kill. Also make it so that it is one for each orc, mino etc and not having them all in the same.

Would also Love to see some grinding tasks and personally i think it would be more fun if the rewards for each task is not revealed from the start. Let players find out the reward by themself. Would be cool with task npc in different cities aswell and not just in one.

Also if it is possible some sort of reward for amount of different tasks completed. ( something like realtibia where you advance in rank and get something for each rank)

And thumbsup to you for listening to the community and changing the exp rate on beta altough i would have liked to seen it a little bit higher.

Goodluck with your server and keep up the good work.

Thank you :)
The tasks is automatic, you don't need to chat with any npcs, they're always activated at all times and you can do multiple tasks, of anything is changeable.
I can agree that the amount needed to kill is pretty low, that's because it was an endless whining about it in Zaeros and DarkOT, people preferred lower kill amount and compensate by lower reward as well.
But I'm all ears for suggestion how tasks should be :)
About reward, it's a little bit random as all bosses also carry items on them, so exp + cash and chance for other items alongside of that, of course rares are rare so it's not to expect rares in every boss :)

After some extra working today, I've changed the loot system how loot is handled by the game, which now make be able to fit it more perfectly.

RPG settings have been changed from 2x planned loot to 1.5x.
And on that, I've changed the gold drop be 1.5x also, gold will not be dropped 1.5x more often, but 1.5x higher values of coins.

During the beta, loot stays at 5x. and gold will be 5x as well.

I agree with Greken, tasks shouldnt have monsters grouped together with orcs dwarves etc. Also they shouldnt be all active at all times, its better if you have to choose otherwise its too easy and its just a "passive exp boost", rewards should be hidden and interesting(Items too), not only XP, also do not use a static formula to calculate the reward. for example some rather uncommon monsters with lower spawn amounts should have a bit higher reward to encourage hunting some unusual creatures.
Also the some tasks should be short, some long grinding ones, for example warlocks shorter because they're already the best thing to hunt Exp wise.

As for the Task bosses while i think its interesting i also think its too strange and would rather see a normal task system we see on other oldschool servers that we're able to take from a NPC in several cities and only one at a time.

You gave me a pretty neat idea what to do with tasks :p
I'm going to try it out during BETA, the tasks as mentioned now, all automatic will stick (for now).
But I'm going to have another reward system inside it, which req you to talk with NPC to start collecting the side-reward, and it will involve ranks as well.

I have the basic system ready, but how it will work with NPC and what kind of ranks/rewards there will be, isn't decided yet, however the amount needed to kill to finish a task will be higher :)

Pre-BETA have been reset, game is now closed until the launch of Open-BETA, you can create characters if you already have account, or create account if you haven't already!
Accounts and chars created from now on will last rest of the summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.