• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Netherlands] Thorsan 8.0 (Mid-Rates) BETA for upcoming RPG Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

User.postCount++;
Solutions
Reaction score
a3EVOnI.gif

zRfV8K.png

Rates and shit..

scroll down to the bottom for the Mid-Rate Stages.

What is Thorsan?

Thorsan is a 8.0 real map server that was started to being built and designed around February this year.
It's been designed and built to be as close to CipSoft at state 8.0 as possible, with a few improvements on the less loved function of Cipsoft (gold & plats while buying stuffs, for example).

Now after several months of coding, designing and hard work Thorsan is finally on Pre-BETA and will by next week change status to Open-BETA.

Thorsan is planned to be launched as a VERY serious low-rate server after the summer.
With very serious, we're talking about 2x exp rate all the way with no exceptions.
Also once the RPG starts, it will NEVER reset.
And there's one more thing.. There wont be any donation items on Thorsan except the classic Tibia.com stuffs.
Premium, Sex change, name change and mail reset.
And most important, You'll not be donating for these stuffs, you'll actually buy them as services..
Yes,, you'll be PURCHASING, not donating.

But.. during the BETA, which will be in Mid-Rate stages, you or nobody else will not be able to donate/purchase anything, the shops will be completely off during entire BETA.

While the server switch from Pre-BETA to Open-BETA the game will be reset (will happen on May 29).
And once it opens as Open-Beta (will happen May 31, 18:00 CEST) it wont reset until the RPG comes in end of summer.

You decide yourself if you want to play the BETA or not, but there's a few pros for you if you'd try it.
1: Have some fun, play it as any other mid-rate server you'd play.
2: Explore, the more you know about the map/creatures/quests, the easier you'll have where to go in the RPG later.
3: Draw up plans/ideas what you'll be doing when the RPG starts, and make alternative plans what to do if your plan was too crowded.
These 3 things will make your visit in the BETA a lot more fun, you can enjoy yourself and at same time do something constructive for yourself for usage in the RPG!

What can be expected from Thorsan RPG/BETA?
Hmm, I'd say a lot but I don't want to make you too horny about it :D
So let's keep it tight.
*Correct Monster AI (check lower for a youtube video for proof)
*Configurable Loot/Hotkey/Task Messages from ingame
*All 8.0 Quests working 100% as CipSoft at 8.0 (Yes you need 4 vocs for desert quest, don't be lazy on serious servers!)
*Including Rashid Missions (That actually didn't exist until 8.10)
*100% quests on Rookgaard too, including addon for citizen and druid.
*CipSofts most loved functions (see images for clues)
*Very user friendly yet interesting Tasks (Tasks didn't exist in 8.0 so I don't understand why some servers says "we have 100% tasks as 8.0")
*Experice Share within party
*Task Share (up to 20 team-members can share a task)
*All 8.0 places/islands/routes
*Balanced vocations with correct damages
*Correct Armor/Shield system
*All Raids
*Bank system (deposit/withdraw/transfer)
*Guild War System
*Correct Obsidian Knife system
*Correct Blessed Woodenstake System
*Autostack
*Stackable Runes
*Stackable mana/life fluid
*Stackable empty flasks (that you yet can fill with water/blood/mud or whatever turns you on)
*ONLY OT in the world with CORRECT shovel vs scarab/scarab coin system in Ankrahmun desert (except for original RealOTs made from hacked cipsoft files then..)
*DDos protected
*Detailed and user friendly website
*Buy houses on website, gain access within 5 minutes (rent is paid by bank balance every 30 days)
HjqhLOn.png

Some images:
0lyt8w9.png

TINfNiM.png

bIT1o7-.png

jaWEwu.png

pF7rzmL.png

683AFFl.png

CE-8Ct3.png

1mDaWdg.png

EBLaQ4l.png

Dru_kJ8.png

OK6ftA8.png

gjnp4ph.png

Te4DNCf.png

Q2CDmLN.png

gxL95Nh.png

kjP3y4M.png

MOuZRbE.png

M81EHAw.png

This was just a random test-cam I made, I was testing the monsters AI in Amazon camp and also tried some random settings.

Rates during the Open-Beta(Entire summer):
Experience: 100x
Skills: 100x
Magic: 100x
Loot: 10x
Gold Drop: 5x
Donations: None at all, not possible to donate
Premium: Free until RPG after summer

Frags & Banishment:
Redskull:
3 daily, 5 weekly, 10 monthly
Banishment: 6 daily, 10 weekly, 20 monthly
Banishment: First ban 24 hours, expanding for ever new banishment taken
Warnings: 5 warnings for a new banishment

Rates In the RPG after summer(forever):

Experience: 2x
Skills: 2x
Magic: 2x
Loot: 1.5x
Gold Drop: 1.5x

Thorsan.net

Last edited:
why create other 8.0 europe ??? eloth exist. bro create 8.0 AMERican... alls ppls playing here and all europe have similar ping that american...

finished exp its 3x
it will be 2x exp, 3x will be too high and people will get lvl 200+ within months.. and that will force a reset on a game eventually.
With 2x it's harder, specially on higher lvls, making that I don't have to reset the game every because someone ran away in lvls.

The game is made to be VERY serious, taken care of, lots of help available ingame and on forums..
if 2x is too hard, there's plenty of other OTs that offer higher rates, but that means in the end you'll lose everything you've done when they either reset or close because it died due to that people was too high lvl and things goes south with that.

Amazing server! Definitely will play!
What do you mean by end of summer? September, October?

Amazing server! Definitely will play!
What do you mean by end of summer? September, October?
exact dates are not decided yet, but will be decided in June/July when the Open-Beta have been going on for a while and I can see the actual progress status of the game.

If the game is as ready as I believe now, it will be around August, but if something shows up that completely crap-hole me, the project will obviously delay little time.
But counting the speed I've designed this one and solved a lot of shit, shouldn't take too long to fix anything that could show up at the Beta :)

Oh, also it's about advertising, if I can get good spots on a few players, it will open by that, if there's no good spots I will wait a little, this server deserves an epic advertisement and not some silly 1 day advertisement :)

Agree! But why do you have to start the beta on a tuesday? could you not open on friday / saturday so people already start playing and look for potential bugs? I mean its beta anyways its not like its an official launch..

Agree! But why do you have to start the beta on a tuesday? could you not open on friday / saturday so people already start playing and look for potential bugs? I mean its beta anyways its not like its an official launch..
There was no available countdowns for any Fridays sadly, and as it's only beta for now it doesn't really matter that much which day it starts on, the important thing is that it's advertised so that the rumors start spreading for the real launch :)
The closest Friday I could have with proper countdowns would be in end of June, that would made almost 1 month wasted that could have been tested instead :)

I am in and I hope there will be a lot of people/teams joining. This is finally an 8.0 server all people were waiting for (finally no corrupt and not caring GMs). And you don't even have to donate on the BETA - so it's not even pay2win. Let's all join this server and have some fun untill the end of summer. I hope the people stop being dissatisfied like they were on all those other 8.0 servers and play as long as possible.

@lord xavy ..the people already left eloth and eloth is not even compareable to thorsan - on zaeros there were all bugs fixed already and this one seems to be even more stable.

Please make it serious rpg 8.0 world no gp click change, fixed spawns and armor/shielding so we actualy could enjoy some rpg low lvl stuff and fights. Also dont give anything to streamers and dont focus on noobie community from 10.0+ tibia.

And most important - make rares rare what does it mean? It mean that we wont get dsm and within first 50 dls on server so when we loot DSM or BOH we can sell it for nice money :)

Please make it serious rpg 8.0 world no gp click change, fixed spawns and armor/shielding so we actualy could enjoy some rpg low lvl stuff and fights. Also dont give anything to streamers and dont focus on noobie community from 10.0+ tibia.

And most important - make rares rare what does it mean? It mean that we wont get dsm and within first 50 dls on server so when we loot DSM or BOH we can sell it for nice money :)
It will be very serious, I promise you that :)
And about armor/shield, hehe :D
J9c2rWH.png

For the streamer thing, really, I've never given any player anything no matter what he has offered, I get offers from streamers to stream all the time but I'm not going to give anyone extra stuffs because "I will win more than it costs".
I've very known by now that there's no bullshit on my server, for example DarkOT, there haven't been one single discussion that I'm corrupted there, same on Zaeros, not a sound that I misstreated anyone or gave free items or took side in wars.
I'm the admin, I should be there to support in need (bugs, failed payments etc), but not to be to the assist of players who forgot pick, machete or whatever, no matter what.

About loot, it will be 2x so rares will stay rare, as many forget, most monsters on most OTs all over the world has bugged loot, making rares drop MANY times more rares than they should, they noob items may seem correct but rares are noticeable not correct.
So when I say 2x, I'd say compare with rl tibia, you have twice the chance in Thorsan looting something than you'd do in Rl tibia.
2x in other servers often means dsm, for example, will be looted about 7-8 times more often than on rl tibia

Why it's like that, is all these download as much you can so you don't have to do too much efforts on your own server, and these downloadable monsters have their loot set off wrong by 0.5%.. all items dropped with 0.5% more than they should.
A rare in a OT with 0.1% loot chance, would become 0.1 + 0.5 = 0.6% drop.. so 1x loot would mean 6x rare drop instead (counting rares with 0.1% drop).
and 2x would mean 12x rare drop (counting rares with 0.1% drop).

Sadly, no OT owners want to admit this, and that has caused many OT players to think that you should actually go profit on etc Frost Dragons, using sds on a lvl 60 mage, in a server with 2x loot.

If half of what you are saying is true it will already be the best Otserv out there! Cant wait for tuesday!

Experience Stages
1-29
100x
30-39 80x
40-49 60x
50-59 40x
60-69 20x
70-79 10x
80-89 8x
90-99 6x
100-109 4x
110+ 2x

nice stages xD ots ded after 2 days
u think someone is going to exp on 2x when its same exp as rl tibia?

I agree.. should be static 4x after lvl 100.. its just a beta anyways

it will b all summer if u have a lvl 300 ue will own its good stages or testing anyways yet not overpowered

2exp? :D

eloth from 500 to max 100ppl~ in less then a week

"There wont be any donation items on Thorsan except the classic Tibia.com stuffs. Premium, Sex change, name change and mail reset."

this includes traveling and using premium spells?

Koval i think those rates are for test server only i wouldnt play on RPG server where u get 80lv first day u play.

change host american. eloth europe failed 1 week max 200 ppls

Status
Not open for further replies.