• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Odd Request..

Vagabond

Reaction score
Well, as (some) of you may know, I basically run the Open-Tibia section at tibiafans.com.

It really disturbs me how most of the members there are still hooked on xml and using outdated distributions such as Evolutions and even YurOTs. However, there really are no decent distributions aside for TFS.

So, I'm asking if it'd be alright if I release older versions of TFS on tibiafans. I mean actually uploading on rapidshare, rather than linking to the file uploaded here (nobody'd be willing to come here to try it). I understand that you don't want TFS to be leaked, so I could post the last version once you post a new version here, so that only members registered here will be able to get the newest version. If you have a problem with this as well, I won't do it. I'll just need to make my own distro instead or something.

Either way, thanks for taking this post into consideration.

You're free to release it anywhere because we're under the GNU GPL, so you can release 0.2.6 there if you want, it would just increase the population of TFS' users, nothing that we would lose on it.

You're free to release it anywhere because we're under the GNU GPL, so you can release 0.2.6 there if you want, it would just increase the population of TFS' users, nothing that we would lose on it.

Yeah, I know I could, it just seemed like you guys didn't want it hosted anywhere but here (meaning people'd need to register and post here to download), which would actually be a great plan on getting your member count high. I wasn't gonna go against that if it was your will, since I believe you guys are the creators and should still get at least some say in the matter.

But thank you for answering. Hopefully I can get all of TF's users [aside for the few who work with clean SVN, like myself] to use it, especially after your next release.

Last edited:
i reall dont want it to be released on tibiafans for personal and logistical reasons.. main reason though is this place needs to be linked to and new members need to be created

i reall dont want it to be released on tibiafans for personal and logistical reasons.. main reason though is this place needs to be linked to and new members need to be created
Yeah, I figured as much.

I'll link to talaturen's posts here, and link to this forum and tell people to register here if they have comments/problems/requests. How's that sound?

Of course, you guys probably don't want 90% of tibiafans' members anyway. We've got a pretty bad noob problem there, been hard on me trying to clean it up. xD

Back