• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

old tibia eh :)

DzonyZony

Reaction score
i would love to play a tibia server based on 7.1 where everyone would be using just 1 character without mcing (impossible in this times tho :( ) when 50 sorcerer would mean something again :D

anyway waiting for some good lowrate server again after medivia update :)

i would also like a tru 7.0 or 7.1 Server with x1 exp.

just play for fun slow like tibia was ment to be.

yes but noobs nowadays need to have a fckin 5 farms and make lvl 100 in 3 months instead of lvl slow and have low lvls war... fck this nabbs

Doubt you'll ever again experience something similar, you can have an exact RL-like 7.1 server but if the community is crap it's going to be a crap feeling anyways. We all want to see some awesome servers cause of nostalgic feelings from some good past times, but imo it's the community that made those memories great, not the game itself.
I remember back then you could pick one server out of hundreds and it'd be enjoyable no matter what you selected.
Went scrolling through the server lists some days ago and I could hardly find anything interesting, logged in and tries few OTs but it just isn't the same experience and I doubt it'll ever again be so.

Doubt you'll ever again experience something similar, you can have an exact RL-like 7.1 server but if the community is crap it's going to be a crap feeling anyways. We all want to see some awesome servers cause of nostalgic feelings from some good past times, but imo it's the community that made those memories great, not the game itself.
I remember back then you could pick one server out of hundreds and it'd be enjoyable no matter what you selected.
Went scrolling through the server lists some days ago and I could hardly find anything interesting, logged in and tries few OTs but it just isn't the same experience and I doubt it'll ever again be so.
Times Changed a lot :(

They damn changed indeed. Wish there was some sort of a reset button and just start it all over again.
Yeah but the simple example is Real Tibia, once before 100 level was o_O and now you could easy get 100 level within few days lol.
A lot of Double Exp Weekends, XP Boost in real tibia.. So sadd :(

Yeah but the simple example is Real Tibia, once before 100 level was o_O and now you could easy get 100 level within few days lol.
A lot of Double Exp Weekends, XP Boost in real tibia.. So sadd :(
True, though I've quit RL long time ago, I've found OTs far more enjoyable than the real thing.

it's too easy to simulate multiclients without any admin knowing these days so this is not really possible in modern days

Immagine that back in the days ^^
I remember like 7-8 years ago, i was 18 Sorcerer in venore, and an guy pass me 3cc I was happy as fuck hahaha, used to break my mouse then xD
all my friends was jealous on me hahaha

Give me a few more months, and I think you will be happy.

I don't want to give too much away before I'm ready, but just a little sneak ;):

Almost 4 years in the making.

-Brand new engine built from scratch with tibia 7.1-7.6 in mind
- A true 2d mmo, not just an emulator, that is aimed at bringing back the nostalgia of the old days

Without giving out too many details I want to paint a picture of what I'm aiming for:

Imagine Tibia 7.1 with all key features from that era intact. All brand new spells, and runes. A sort of crafting system that requires you to chop wood and fletch logs for arrows and bolts, mine ore and smelt it to plate bolts(gear is still only found in quests and monsters), gather herbs and mix them to make potions.

All runes must be player bought or made. All except the lowest arrows and bolts must be player bought or made. All potions except the lowest must be player bought or made.

All food items looted or bought is raw, and must be cooked with a player built fire.

Dying means something.

100% new, well thought out and designed map with a variety of quests right out of the gate.

Several mechanisms in place behind the scenes to prevent any kind of cheating, and also I will charge gamemasters to diligently enforce the rules when someone inevitably figures out how to bot. You get caught cheating, your account is deleted forever and your name put on the wall of shame.

My aim is to bring back the community feeling of the old days. The crafting system will not be cumbersome, but does enable more options for the economy. Back will be the days of mana sitting and hanging out.

Back are the days where level is only part of the equation. Those dedicated to their magic level and PvP ability will also stand a chance.

A level 100 will once more be a mythical being.

I am not perfect, but I am determined to make this a reality, and I will involve the community with everything, and be 100% transparent in what is going on with day to day activities.

This is not an attempt at wealth. This is 100% an attempt to bring back the old days as best i can, while never having to worry about being shut down.

There is still work to be done, but I assure you..... It's coming ;)

Stay tuned for official announcements.

Give me a few more months, and I think you will be happy.

I don't want to give too much away before I'm ready, but just a little sneak ;):

Almost 4 years in the making.

-Brand new engine built from scratch with tibia 7.1-7.6 in mind
- A true 2d mmo, not just an emulator, that is aimed at bringing back the nostalgia of the old days

Without giving out too many details I want to paint a picture of what I'm aiming for:

Imagine Tibia 7.1 with all key features from that era intact. All brand new spells, and runes. A sort of crafting system that requires you to chop wood and fletch logs for arrows and bolts, mine ore and smelt it to plate bolts(gear is still only found in quests and monsters), gather herbs and mix them to make potions.

All runes must be player bought or made. All except the lowest arrows and bolts must be player bought or made. All potions except the lowest must be player bought or made.

All food items looted or bought is raw, and must be cooked with a player built fire.

Dying means something.

100% new, well thought out and designed map with a variety of quests right out of the gate.

Several mechanisms in place behind the scenes to prevent any kind of cheating, and also I will charge gamemasters to diligently enforce the rules when someone inevitably figures out how to bot. You get caught cheating, your account is deleted forever and your name put on the wall of shame.

My aim is to bring back the community feeling of the old days. The crafting system will not be cumbersome, but does enable more options for the economy. Back will be the days of mana sitting and hanging out.

Back are the days where level is only part of the equation. Those dedicated to their magic level and PvP ability will also stand a chance.

A level 100 will once more be a mythical being.

I am not perfect, but I am determined to make this a reality, and I will involve the community with everything, and be 100% transparent in what is going on with day to day activities.

This is not an attempt at wealth. This is 100% an attempt to bring back the old days as best i can, while never having to worry about being shut down.

There is still work to be done, but I assure you..... It's coming ;)

Stay tuned for official announcements.
One Suggestion, start advertising few weeks before launch.
Don't open server and wait for players.
Bring enough money for a lot of advertisements.
You know how much you work and you know how much that server worth.
So dont be greddy in money, put there as much as you can, Also if some of people see on otland good work,
I'm sure they are gonna to support you in some ways.
Ill be first if its needed.

Thank you for the suggestion. That is the plan. I will be running a fairly thorough advertising campaign for about a month before launch. Not only due to having players from the start, but I want input and suggestions. This is technically not an OT, but seeing as how I've been in this community since it's inception, and it prompted me to become a game developer, i found it only fitting to start here with the advertising.

There will be a much deeper and polished announcement thread when I'm ready. :)

I've made the entire engine very modular, meaning that the vast majority of features that are in place can easily and quickly be changed and adjusted.

I have made this 100% alone, and I want different sets of eyes on it to get input and suggestions before launch.

I am not greedy, and I have a good job. There will not be any pay to win, and there will not be microtransactions or a store. There will only be a premium account similar to the old tibia model, that will be as cheap as I can make it taking into account credit card fees. The only reason for this is to help me maintain server costs and put more into the game.

ye the farms are biggest problems thats why u see 300 lvls running around on medivia... only idea i could think of to stop farms are idea that u can only use the runes u make - other players cant use runes u make + make runes on shop which every1 can use - but that would destroy a server economy a little + new players would have hard time making money if they chosse sorcerer/druid so there is a bad side to that as well....

tibia is gone :(

Back