• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OriginalTibia's re-opening!

We are not working so much on the server anymore since we did most parts that we thought was neccesary. But ofcourse we will find more patches to update as soon as the server is running. Currently we lack of money, and that is our biggest concern, you guys can speed up the progress by donating and you do so by contact me through PM.

same problem again: money... everytime you come up with this server, but first you want us to give you money to host it... pls next time first make cash irl then make this topic for suggestions and then host it. and THEN ask for donations... asking for money before its even online = a fail:/

If you can prove good online records you could probably get a host here on OtLand and pay on credit.

Assa: It's the same problem again, if you dislike it.. leave the thread and don't play the server. I tried to collect money but the majority of the people that play open tibia servers do not encourage donating in before hand, even though I came up with several servers that they enjoyed.

Worr: I rather collect money and purchase a dedicated host myself.

Problem is that you rather want players to pay before-hand for a server they might not even play. So it will most likely not happen. If you on the other hand got a sponsor with a long-term investment it would probobly work. If you prefer to have your own dedicated host you could pay 1 month dedicated and open a highrate server with many donators. Server would pay back and you could afford many months for lowrate server. I'm sure you can pay 1 month from your own pocket, if not I don't think you should have donations at all. You have to invest to collect, you can't just ask others to pay (and recieve nothing in return) while you collect all the cash.

Anyone that is in the OT branch won't have the opperunity to host my server since I do not trust people, wether it's a respected forum or not. I can't invest my money on a month dedicated because then I got no money for a whole month, and I rather take money in before-hand by players that seems intrested and they will ofcourse receive the premium points once the server is up.

As I said I do not care what you guys think about me taking money before the server is even up, if you are intrested and want the server online ASAP you should donate, else you should ignore this and hope for the best.. I won't change my mind.

Fribben.

I'm able to pay like 20~ euros so we have got something on start :)

Assa: It's the same problem again, if you dislike it.. leave the thread and don't play the server. I tried to collect money but the majority of the people that play open tibia servers do not encourage donating in before hand, even though I came up with several servers that they enjoyed.

u mad bro? ur like the second realosft. Critism? gtfo!!!. sorry im not here to asslick you, im here to give you information if you don't like it, then explain me why not. but don't tell me bullshit: "leave the thread and don't play the server" cause you just come over like a little child who will host a server for the first time.

I'm not mad, but if you deal the information the way you dealt it, you need to be smart enough to understand why you got such a harsh comeback, if not. Then we're done here.

I do not need information from you concerning my economy, when I do, I'll ask about it, right now I'm discussing the server and the gameplay itself not how I'm going to handle the server out from here.

u mad bro? ur like the second realosft. Critism? gtfo!!!. sorry im not here to asslick you, im here to give you information if you don't like it, then explain me why not. but don't tell me bullshit: "leave the thread and don't play the server" cause you just come over like a little child who will host a server for the first time.

I agree with Fribben though. You can give [constructive] critizism, once. He can accept it and apply it if he wants. But at the end of the day it's his server and he can do what he wants with it. No need to repeat it for him.

Discuss the latest topic: Premium system.

Do you think we should add full premium system to the shop but you could also buy it with ingame money? Or a half scripted premium system that is only buyable at the shop which do not prevent players from accessing different things but a few?

I think better add premium-like system but with another name to avoid confusion. They would get smaller advantages for example you could need it to buy a house or at least guild house, cheaper promotion, cheaper boats etc. I don't know what you had in mind but please don't add real tibia premium even if you can buy it ingame.

I thought of something like this.

If you can travel to darashia by carpet, you won't be able to travel to darashia by boat if you are free account, then you both will be able to travel to the same places but it will just take more time if you are a free account. You have to buy spells if you are free account but if you are but if you are premium you receive all of them during the time you are premmed.

Etc etc

I thought of something like this.

If you can travel to darashia by carpet, you won't be able to travel to darashia by boat if you are free account, then you both will be able to travel to the same places but it will just take more time if you are a free account. You have to buy spells if you are free account but if you are but if you are premium you receive all of them during the time you are premmed.

Etc etc

i think you want to be careful about keeping it balanced between free accounts and premium accounts, give the premium accounters a superficial bonus such as being able to found a guild and have a house-- so i disagree with giving them the benefit of having all spells (advantage in exping and saving cash) and i disagree about any benefits in carpets and boats

I think that's too much. Premium members having more traveling possibilities is like them having private tp room, putting it that way and it's out of the question, right? Just imagine a premium member dropping pz from 20 free account players by just traveling to cities where it takes 30 sec to follow for facc.

I got a question for you players.. should I balance the server so it will make the wars look like it used to look on 7.4 real tibia? And with that I mean, playing a mage isn't as easy as it is on the futurestic oldschool servers.

I thought of doing something like this:
exp starting at 50x
mana regenation as real tibia used to be, either 7.6's regenation or 7.4's.

This will cause wars to become more serious, meaningful and will require more tactics. Since you are obviously regaining low mana points therefore runes will be expensive and the economy will be stabilized aswell.

Give me feedback on this.

I got a question for you players.. should I balance the server so it will make the wars look like it used to look on 7.4 real tibia? And with that I mean, playing a mage isn't as easy as it is on the futurestic oldschool servers.

I thought of doing something like this:
exp starting at 50x
mana regenation as real tibia used to be, either 7.6's regenation or 7.4's.

This will cause wars to become more serious, meaningful and will require more tactics. Since you are obviously regaining low mana points therefore runes will be expensive and the economy will be stabilized aswell.

Give me feedback on this.

yes, sorcs were damn irritating to exp in cipsofts tibia, you should try to emulate that so that the majority of high lvls in war are knights\rps and theres only a couple of very high lvl mages (kind of how classic tibia was)

I think maybe it's a good idea to use 7.6 setup for mages. A bit lower ue, easier to exp (but still low mana fluids I guess?). Why? Because in 7.4 it was really hard to exp a mage. In an ot server even with 2x exp rate like Tibianic, it's much easier. So mages will have power (ue power) too easy. Use 7.4 healing spells though (80 mana vita, exura gran is useful).

Well, if I use the mana regenation as I just proposed, most people won't be using UE at all unless they want to waste their mana on a possible failure.. mana fluids on 7.4 costs 100 gps each and gives a very low amount of mana aswell, so that would balance out the UE.

However on Original it gives a little more than the original formula.

Back