• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OT lets talk. Game, Donations etc..

Onizuka

Reaction score
So for past few years Tibia, OT has changed so much, Open-tibia became a business for money rather then game what it used to be back in 2005.
We all know Cipsoft tries to copy as much as they can from OT, them thinking it will bring players back, not sure what makes them think that. But as you notice with the updates cipsoft adds very similar stuff to the ones we create in OT.

Donations, it seems everyone is trying to get make some money, we all know it's not some amazing amount but it seems it still makes people happy about themselfs when they make that few hundred, or few k if their lucky and got alot of donators.
I can't imagine tibia in 20years, doubt it will still exist or if there will be people playing it.
Obviously it's just a game, and a game is being so shit, with all them Hosters who can't fix their servers, e.g Crashes, Bugs, No updates etc.. Which brings me back to Why do people choose shit made ot rather then a good one without the crap? it's hard for me to understand that.

Anyways, I'd like to hear other people opinions about Tibia, like what you think about it now then few years ago? What do you think should change?

Regards.

Nowadays when I'm trying out some ot it's always full of power gamers who are, in my opinion, destroying tibia.
The Tibia community is not like it was some years ago.... Back in those days people actually enjoyed playing the game without being the highest lvl. People used to be social and talk to you when you were a part of the same community. Nowadays when a higher lvl walk by you he'd either P.A you or just ignore you becuase "it's a waste of their valuable pg time".
Happily enough there are still some nice and social players left. I think they left tibia becuase of the pgers.
Well, thats just what I think...

I am still trying to figure out it too Anco, but im slowly realizing that tibia really will never be the same, no matter how much time or effort you put into it. The only thing that would help the good ots, is if everyone just stopped playing all of the bad ones. Sadly, that wont happen. You can spend loads of money on advertisements or just wait. We can work our ass off on a ot we may think is great in our mind, but in another, its crap. Another persons trash is another persons treasure, that must how it is in tibia as well. but people dont play it, or even wanna check it out. Us custom ot owners just dont get a chance anymore lol.. You have to remember there are real maps, and tons and tons of people who only play real life maps. Then there's the evolution maps, and the other popular ones. Its not really about the social community i agree, but at least there are still some people that care about the fun rather then the cash or levels. I liked tibia back in 2004-5 as well. it was fun. Now its about cash and level pretty much, but like i said some people still remember the old times, and look for something similar to it. i remember you didn't need detail or anything you could just add a area and people would have fun, no matter how it looked. Now you have to have detail and as many features and a website and all kinds of stuff just for someone to log in. I have to say, its ridiculous. I think tibia needs a change. Something that would bring back tibia as much as WE can. Screw real tibia they are copying WoW. Not only ots. As an OT community we have the power to stop distributing servers that move forward with tibia. If we hate the real tibia so much then why do we keep progressing with there updates and clients. We all loved 8.0 and 7.6 etc.. so we should stop making updates with tibia and start making our own... SOME people would get board but tibia lasted years and im sure if they did minor updates without changing, we all would still play. Unfortunately they took a turn and fucked everything up so we no longer play, some do, but not allot. I dont know everything but this is just how i feel so im expressing it through OT Land.

Well, no donor servers can survive. Realms had like 150 players (200 or so in peak), without donations at all. It was based on a reworked core and Thunderion files. And well, most people seem to enjoy it back then. Had I've been able to host a real map without the insane memory usage (sure, stacking + other improvements help, but it's far from perfect). I need a new map format where I can easily load and unload areas as needed. Then I'll bring it up as a free server again. :)

Not eveyone is in it just for the money though, I agree, most people now days are and find it hard to to take a minute out of their ever so busy schedule to fix a very minor bug. I'm currently working on an OT, have been for around 3 weeks now, trying to decide what people expect in an OT and what can make mine different from all the others, etc. and suprisingly it will have donations but that's not to make any profit, it's simply just because I cannot afford to host it on a dedicated host out of my own pocket. Tibia though has changed dramastically over these last few years, and OT server's update very soon after Global Tibia does, back in the day I remember OT's always being a fair bit behind, I even remeber playing an OT and being exicted because the owner was about to impliment a rune system, that was just amazing back then but now look at all these features they have nowdays. There's no point to all what I said just saying it how it was from what I remember when I enjoyed playing OT's just for the fact it was fun.

Not everyone is doing it to make money, and I just started a custom server project which will be 100% free to play. link to project page.

I do however agree that most servers are to make money.
So did I play a server that got much donators, not me luckily, and the server stopped within 1~2 months.
Also like 90% of realmap servers are money making based OT's, which is really annoying :s.

I think good custom OT's deserve donations, download+run real maps don't. Some people put in months of there time, pay 100-200 a month for a dedicated server and then still have to manage the community... Why shouldn't they get money? All mmorpgs have some way to generate money for the company who made it such as a cash shop, monthly fee or physical cds. Just because someone didn't make the client, doesn't mean they didn't spend any time making that 50mb custom map or the 5000 lines of lua.

I don't believe someone should open a OT just for profit, but having a fair balanced server with donation items is perfectly fine.

i have a server wich i am working a lot of months now and yes it got donations why? i live in a very poor fammily and we can''t afford a awesome computors with 1 million shit and a good internet with upload speed 9999 we barely can afford a netbook and i can host max like 50 players without lag and i hope ig et enough donation money for a dedicated server and maybe collect the money i got for a awesome computer so i don''t need dedicated server when i got that fixed all items will be free etc :) i really nejoy the game if the server is good and i miss the goodold nice players!

i have a server wich i am working a lot of months now and yes it got donations why? i live in a very poor fammily and we can''t afford a awesome computors with 1 million shit and a good internet with upload speed 9999 we barely can afford a netbook and i can host max like 50 players without lag and i hope ig et enough donation money for a dedicated server and maybe collect the money i got for a awesome computer so i don''t need dedicated server when i got that fixed all items will be free etc :) i really nejoy the game if the server is good and i miss the goodold nice players!
And that's perfectly fine. If you actually work on the server you deserve donations. What I don't like is how people download servers, run them and then just host them for two weeks to get donations.

donations

i have recently incorporated the donation system only for the simple reason of paying a external hosting site so that i can keep my ot online 24/7.

I created sucky FUN server just for donations. I need money for better PC and dedicated server. I've been working on it for like a month. Now i'm working on custom RPG. I just enjoy working on otservs.

Back