• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OT Project] [Idea] [Space] [Starbound] [Sci-Fi]

mindswiped

Reaction score
Hey, first of all I'm sorry if this is being posted in the wrong section, I couldn't find a better fitting one, secondly sorry for my English, it isn't my first language :p .

So these days I was playing Starbound and I thought about an OT Ideia:

We have some OT's nowadays which do not have any base on Tibia, some are completely different than the original game like Pokemon OT's, etc...there are even RPG's without the Tibia base, but there isn't one that escapes from the traditional "medieval-ish" perspective, I was thinking about going heads in on a futuristic MMORPG with OTClient.

I don't really have a base yet, but I thought of some stuff, for example:
  • Travelling across the universe with spaceships like the boat system (there could be a real travelling scenario, changing the background to something like space and stars moving while travelling). (The ships could be in cities or even work like houses)
  • Different races based on the planet or system
  • Systems dominations (X side of the galaxy belongs to X race, etc...something like Wow horde and alliance system)

A lot more can be added but I think of that atm...
I'm looking for people that might wanna help me on this, I'm a coder, I code C#, Python and some Lua, I can link my git if needed.
I'm looking mainly for a spriter because I have no graphic abilities. I managed to do a helmet using some resizing techniques but that's it...

Sorry if the idea seems kinda off, I just thought it'd be cool to try it out and see how it goes :) .

Helmet and blaster that I made:

YJk7W7T.png

Well, if you have the time and will for that, go for it. It will be the first one, so there's that.

Well, if you have the time and will for that, go for it. It will be the first one, so there's that.

I really am looking forward to do this, but doing it alone kinda sucks, just wish there was some ppl who'd want to join me, specially a spriter since I can't do shit in pixels xD

Hmmm, if it were in 2017 I might have helped you. However, I entered university this year and I already have two OTS projects going on... I'm literally ruining my life because of a game :/

Hmmm, if it were in 2017 I might have helped you. However, I entered university this year and I already have two OTS projects going on... I'm literallt ruining my life because of a game :/

Understandable, buddy.
Focus on what's important first for sure.
Someone will eventually appear :p

I'm sorry mate, I don't know anyone who could help you with that. Actually, I don't know anybody in the OTS world, hahahaha. I'm kind of a noob here, all by myself.

You can achieve many things with actual sprites, imho there is no need for 'space tibia'.

I really am looking forward to do this, but doing it alone kinda sucks, just wish there was some ppl who'd want to join me, specially a spriter since I can't do shit in pixels xD
I also work alone too :D I start month and some days ago without any knowledge (Maybe little xD) The basic thinking is, if you really want, u can do it. Making sprites is pretty easy. Just dont think "I wanna it now!" make each sprite in 10 second etc.
Simple, work with calmness even if u spend fk some hours to made one gun or armor, cuz you learning and there is no problem about it(You invested time for yourself). You will see, get traning, experience, knowledge and in future u can make sprites like "Bitch pls, 5 seconds for this".

It's a fun idea but i don't think Tibias interface is very friendly for a space game, still a fun idea and with great creativity it could work i guess

Back