• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTMarket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiroslo

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Unlock VS Market

Hello OTLanders.

OTMarket is almost done, and will be published to public within few weeks. But before that, I would like to take in ideas and opinions.

Red stated something and I liked the idea, and the our market system can be changed to this in matter of weeks, so it is possible to get the idea up and running.

I don't like the idea of developers selling scripts or code alterations for money.
I do like the idea of developers being monetarily compensated to contribute code publicly.

I had an idea back when STiX was looking to sell OpenTibia.net to make a site that allowed developers to upload scripts and it would "unlock" to the public if contributors paid/donated a set amount to the developer. This way, developers have incentive to create code, and the community as a whole benefits. A best of both worlds kind of deal.

I kept my idea to myself until just now, as I probably will never have motivation to chase such an aspiration. :D
Red
So basically this means, a developer puts a script for X$, Community donated until it reaches the goal and then its public for everyone.

Now to improve it, this is what we will do in case we agree on using the unlock system. The developer will be able to upload his work and set the goal in $, the item he puts have 30days before it gets deleted. People can donate as much as they wont and there are no minimums. If it doesn't reach the goal, everyone gets money back and the script gets deleted, this is to not make the money hang and the community with no scripts. Or we could go with common and most popular the market system.

Here I will be talking about OTMarket and what is done.

Now let me introduce OTMarket.
OTMarket was built from scratch and is safe to use.
Only stuff related to these are allowed to be posted:
1. Scripts
2. Datapacks
3. Website Applications (Scripts/Layouts)
4. Jobs (Scripter/Programmer/Designer/Hoster/Mapper)
5. Maps (Custom)
6. Tools

Now that you know what categories we have. Lets go more into features.
zlcbpt.png

Upon registration you will be asked to fill 4 things:
Email:
Paypal email:
Username:
Password:

after that you will be able to login.

*Make sure your Paypal email is correct so you receive your money! If the email does not exist the money will stay on your OTMarket account, and if it exist it will be sent to the email owner

How does selling/buying work?

Right now we only allow PayPal. We are afraid of chargebacks and that's why we are doing our best to make it easier for us to win chargebacks. We store all the information needed to proof that the item was sold to the person.
Chargebacks are not allowed in our TOS.
*(If you chargeback we then have the right to do anything to your account and products)

When the seller upload a product, we always add 20% extra over the original price, in this case the seller gets 100% profit while OTMarket gets 20%. With this 20% we pays paypal fees, and its a small protect for chargebacks. It also helps to maintain and keep the server up. All the money goes directly to OTMarket, when the seller gets a minimum of 35$, he can request a withdrawal. This is so our members don't lose money even after a chargeback as OTMarket are responsible for all chargebacks. This is also to prevent noobs from posting useless stuff and getting money out of it.

Uploading Files?

You are only allowed to upload ZIP files for security reasons.
Password protected files will get deleted.
All files are checked by OTMarket moderators. You will either see Approved or Waiting approval beside every product. OTMarket is not responsible if you buy any waiting approval products.
You can upload files for free download, by setting the price to 0

Maximum file size depends:
Maps = 10MB.
Datapack = 50MB
Website Applications = 5MB
Tools = 10MB

Scripts = 5MB (So people could include tutorial/images)
Jobs = You cant upload anything (Just post with text)

*If you have bigger files you can contact and explain that to OTMarket.

Search?

You will be able to search by categories&sub-categories, title, seller, TFS version and whether its free or paid.

Buying a file:

As soon as someone buys the product and pays for it, the download button shows to the buyer. You can then rate the product so others can see the rating (Only people who bought the product can rate it). When you download the file, OTMarket automatically generates a README.txt file which will include the sellers information in case you need to contact him and few you things you should read.

IMPORTANT: Automatically, you have only 48hours after purchase to download the file. After 48hours, you won't be able to download it and you have to purchase it again. This is due to sellers protection. A nice countdown is presented so you can see how much time left before the 48H ends.

Selling a file:

You will get the money into your OTMarket account but you cant withdraw it unless you have the minimum amount of money(35$). You can see who bought your product and some other information you may need to contact the buyer.

Reporting:

Users can report a product. This will notify the team members of OTMarket and they will look into it and try to fix the problem as soon as possible. In case your product gets deleted, you will receive a message on your panel with the reason why!

Copies:

When you're uploading your product. You can put the number of copies you want to sell.
If you choose one, it will only be sold once and no one else would be able to purchase it again. If three, then its available for first 3 people only. ETC.
If you write 0, then you there are no limits and anyone can purchase it anytime.

Ranking system:

When a buyer buys a product, he will be able to give a thumbs up to the seller or do nothing. The more thumbs up the seller gets means that he is trusted. And at some point get a rank (Symbol, name color etc..) from OTMarket so people would recognize and trust that member to make it easier for both seller to sell and buyer to find a trusted seller.

Rating:

Not everyone can rate the product. No more haters giving 1star rating. Simple rating system made for OTMarket. Only users who bought a product can rate it, while everyone else can see the rating and the number of raters.

Commenting:

System made from scratch to make it easy for the buyer to leave his feedback on the product he bought. Only people who bought a product can rate, to prevent spammers and haters from commenting on the product without trying it out.

If you have more ideas please don't hesitate to post them below.
If someone is interested to help with creating a layout for UIKIT please contact me.

or here on OTLand

Last edited:
Password protected files will get deleted.
You will get the money into your OTMarket account but you cant withdraw it unless you have the minimum amount of money(35$)

Huge "what!?"

Hope it works out. Good luck!
Thank you!

Huge "what!?"
This is to prevent noobs from selling stupid materials for any amount of money. If you're a good developer then 35$ is easy to get. This is also to make sure that the developer gets all the money, in-case the buyer makes a refund then the seller doesn't lose anything, it will be OTMarket responsibility to win the case and keep the money, and in-case we lose the case the seller doesn't lose money :)

:eek:
this bold % will most likely make buyers to contact sellers directly.
When the item is added to the database, it automatically adds 20% over the price, so the price the buyers see is the actual price + 20%. And before the seller adds an item it tells him that 20% will be added to his price

When the item is added to the database, it automatically adds 20% over the price, so the price the buyers see is the actual price + 20%. And before the seller adds an item it tells him that 20% will be added to his price
ye I got that part.. but just saying.. why would anyone buy the script from OTMarket if he gets exactly the same script for 20% less?

That fee is overkill, you already get to see all the scripts uploaded, making OTMarket owner the richest script owner.

ye I got that part.. but just saying.. why would anyone buy the script from OTMarket if he gets exactly the same script for 20% less?

That fee is overkill, you already get to see all the scripts uploaded, making OTMarket owner the richest script owner.
The reason behind 20% is to protect us from chargebacks and to keep the site running. Instead of spamming the site with ads everywhere and making premium services. Keeping OTMarket online and safe is not an easy job. You will also be able to see trusted users, rating and comments of the people who bought. OTMarket will also do their best scan files and take a look to make sure they are not fake. We will also never use the scripts or release them, they are all always private.

20% looks like a lot, but is not like most people is going to sell stuff for 200usd+...
But out of curiosity, how that 20% will protect you from chargebacks? Does chargebacks take additional money or something?

@whitevo , not to mention, we also pay the paypal fees, which means the seller gets 100% anyway. So its 100% win to the developer. He never gets charged back, he never pays the paypal fee, and he get to sell all his scripts for 100% income.

20% looks like a lot, but is not like most people is going to sell stuff for 200usd+...
But out of curiosity, how that 20% will protect you from chargebacks? Does chargebacks take additional money or something?
When someone does a chargeback and wins, he gets all the money back. So in this case, if you dont use OTMarket and you sell your script to someone and he does a chargeback, you lose both the money and the script. But when it comes to OTMarket, we handle all the chargebacks, so even if we lose the case, we pay the cargeback and the developer gets all the money. Not to mention we pay paypal fees from this 20%

5 scripts on sell: all 20$ each.
all scripts sold once.
amirolo gets 20$
1 guy chargebacks script and wins the case.
amirolo looses that 20$

5 scripts on sell: all 20$ each.
all scripts sold once.
amirolo gets 20$
1 guy chargebacks script and wins the case.
amirolo looses that 20$

So what other method you suggest doing? Stopping virtual chargebacks its hard even with a ToS and calling paypal

So its 100% win to the developer. He never gets charged back, he never pays the paypal fee, and he get to sell all his scripts for 100% income.
I have as much proof as you to fight chargeback.
not seen paypal fee yet.
I get to sell them either way.

No need to win seller over. I don't care if you sell scripts for higher price that seller asks.
Just saying buyer might see it as too much and go extra effort to contact seller personally to save some money

We will also never use the scripts or release them, they are all always private.
You think I'm that stupid?

I have as much proof as you to fight chargeback.
not seen paypal fee yet.
I get to sell them either way.

No need to win seller over. I don't care if you sell scripts for higher price that seller asks.
Just saying buyer might see it as too much and go extra effort to contact seller personally to save some money
I dont get what youre trying to say.
But if I were developer I would defenitly use OTMarket to protect me from chargebacks and to let people know that I am trusted. Because only people who bought would be able to rate and comment, this would also attract buyers and they would be sure that they are getting the right and good quality item
You think I'm that stupid?
If you believe that we will use them or re-sell them then yes. I've been on OTLand since 2009 and by doing this I am going to make my reputation bad and it will make OTMarket bad and people would stop using OTMarket. So the last thing I would do is to use them. If you don't want to use OTMarket, then you don't have to. We will never do anything with the items uploaded and they will always be private and only available to the buyer. We can of course not stop people who bought them from releasing them, but we will do our best to keep them safe and private.

So what other method you suggest doing? Stopping virtual chargebacks its hard even with a ToS and calling paypal
If iI were to suggest anything, I would suggest making your own bank, but that is another story.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against OTMarket raking money.
I'm just saying that buyers who plan to spend some money will contact sellers directly to avoid 20% money loss.

EDIT: as it seems the main concerns are chargebacks. Even though prolly its possible to make some kind of deal with PayPal regarding that.

You only introduced perks of being seller.
How about adding some perks to being buyer?
spent 100$ on scripts and haven't done chargebacks?
"Nice we trust you". 10% script fee for you.
etc.

Last edited:
i like the idea, but the 20% profit for each payment at your side seems a bit over the top
i dont think most of us here would value such a service you are offering in exchange for a +20% profit in your side, think about it - it is quite a lot

more suitable would be +5-10% as the idea and platform is needed IMO

Upon registration you will be asked to fill 3 things:
Paypal email:
Username:
Password:

after that you will be able to login.

*Make sure your Paypal email is correct so you receive your money!

i can just imagine the trouble this will cause, is there no better workaround?

also will the scripts/maps get removed after someone purchased it? elsewise people will be very afraid of buying scripts/maps as for the reason of them getting leaked - so that nobody will want to pay in order to get them for free

lastly...
is this supported by the community? or will this become a new vàpus?

Unlock VS Market

Maximum file size depends:
Maps = 10MB.
Datapack = 50MB
Website Applications = 5MB
Tools = 10MB

Scripts = 5MB (So people could include tutorial/images)

But why​

i like the idea, but the 20% profit for each payment at your side seems a bit over the top
i dont think most of us here would value such a service you are offering in exchange for a +20% profit in your side, think about it - it is quite a lot

more suitable would be +5-10% as the idea and platform is needed IMO

i can just imagine the trouble this will cause, is there no better workaround?

also will the scripts get removed after someone purchased it? elsewise people will be very afraid of buying scripts as for the reason of them getting leaked - so that nobody will want to pay in order to get them for free

lastly...
is this supported by the community? or will this become a new vàpus?
Well 20 % is not a lot, if you go a bit up and read the comments you would know why.
In case your paypal email is wrong, you will not receive the money and the money stays on your OTMarket account. (Tested) Just forgot to edit it!
After you purchase the script, the buyer have 48hours to download the script after that he needs to pay again. While uploading the file, the seller can choose how many copies he want to sell. If it is set to 0, then he can sells unlimited, if its set to 1, then the first buyer gets it and then no one else can download it again or buy it. And there is 0% chance that it gets leaked by OTMarket. So I am not sure about what you exactly mean

also will the scripts get removed after someone purchased it? elsewise people will be very afraid of buying scripts as for the reason of them getting leaked - so that nobody will want to pay in order to get them for free
reason why i pressed unlock option in poll.

I assumed this project idea was ment to increase the overall servers quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back