• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

-->ots news<-- v1 14.01.2013-21.01.2013 ! Out now! Read :)

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
This is first edition of OTS NEWS!
Please give feedback and hints :)

OTS-News V1 : 14th January 2013- 20th January 2013

Welcome to first Edition of OTS-News by Damon!
Enjoy :)

Overview:
1. Latest News (such as new interesting projects; legendary projects, rumors....)

2.Thoughts about the community, or OPEN TIBIA in general.

3. Things which are good to know, for everyone thinking about making an OTS.

4. Recommended Servers(Real Map/Custom Map/And Evo), which are currently up! TOP 3 Servers of each category!

5. Our Readers Play:
For this section you can send me an advertisement for your favourite OTS(via private message), and with some luck it will be displayed here :)

6.Screenshot of the week!
Every week you can send me a screenshot via private message and the best screenshot will be displayed here!

7. Readers Interviews:
Here you can ask us to interview yourself(send request via pm) which I will do very gladly ! This will be displayed here :D

-----------------

1. Latest News:

In this Latest News you can usually find cool new projects coming up, or gather some information about some rumors.
This one is a cool new project and a rumor at once!
MindRage from Otland yesterday(January 15th) announced, that he is does now some public live streaming on TwitchTV, where he will be makeing some cool spells and also helping out in LUA stuff. This might be helpfull to many Otlanders, since MindRage is a really good scripter and with two versions of his own coded spell creation applications a little undiscovered legend for me! But the rumor which will start now is: Why does he make new spells? Just for fun? NO! MindRage officially announced in one little sentence, that he is working on his project and I really am curious about what it will be! If you are curious, too, just stay tuned, because OTS-News will have an eye on that. Maybee I even arrange a little questioning with MindRage :) Just let me know what you are curious about and I am gonna try to figure out as much as possible! With this said, you now have something to think about , and I hope you enjoyed this news!

//Damon
Sources: http://otland.net/f251/livestreaming-doing-spells-178091/

2. Thoughts about the community:

Well almost every week I can see threads questioning what had happened to OTS and the Community. It seems like more than half of us prefers playing on a real map server, mostly 8.60, so botting is easiest way possible. Often the scripts are even premade and you just need to copy paste them and there you go! You have a robot playing for you. Congratulations! I do not intend to hate about the RealMap itself, because I never explored more than 30% of it so it is like a custom map for me... But what I do dislike is RealMap Download and Run Servers with client 8.60 only made for botters and donations. But the thing is: The botters wont donate, thats why they die out fast again! I appreciate RealMap Servers like Shadowcores from Talaturen always trying to stay up to date and doing an increadible job developeing that stuff! At this point : THUMBSUP for TALATUREN! But hey, see: He does run a RealMap, but he DOESN'T use 8.60, neither overpowered donations! And see again: It works out! His server is daily best at otservlist with over 1000+ people playing! So what I want to say is: Please people wake up! Dont make download and run OTS, DO NOT BOT on OTS, because you should play OTS, because you can enjoy every minute on them! If ya wanna bot on Mega slow RLTibia, I dont mind it, but PLEASE don't bot on OTS! Enjoy them again! Accept the Challenge with other REAL PLAYERS and never forget these fantastic moments again when you first killed XY, or finished this mysterial quest! I used to play an OTS called Xanteria for quite a while! I had many friends and I got in top 20 without botting. I did donate, but this helps to keep the server online! I will talk about this in the next edition of OTS-News :)
However it seems many of you guys lost these feeling of challange and I really hope it will return ! Remember:
Your first Dragon, Doing Desert Quest hopeing noone kills ya afterwards, POI, Killing your first tarantula...

//Damon

3. Things which are good to know for everyone developeing or thinking about developeing an OTS:

-http://otland.net/f16/basics-basic-list-ways-solve-your-problems-quickly-176026/

-Good Hosting Companies are:
Don Daniello Group | IT Solutions
Run by DonDaniello from Otland, specialized on OTS! Some people dont trust him, however I tested it a few times and was great!

Willkommen bei STRATO! - Welcome to STRATO!

Hetzner Online AG

Dedicated infrastructures for your projects - OVH

- Trusted Otland Hosters:
View Profile: TKO - OtLand
View Profile: Znote - OtLand

4. Recommended Servers:

Here you will find the Top Three RealMap/Custom Map and Teleport Map(Evo) Servers! It happens that servers stay on their ranks even over quite some OTS-News editions, because they deserve it!

Real Map Servers:

#1 Shadowcores:
2q5Ux.jpg

Home - ShadowCores is probably the most successfully Real Map Server in OTS history having 1000+ players online and being developed by Talaturen who keeps the server up to date to RLTibia! No question , Nr. 1 :D Congratz!

#2 RealOTS:
Tibianic RealOTS is a reborn legend, once being run by Dennis , it is now running under Iryont (well known oldschool hoster) , using original stolen cipsoft files. Its success consist of the almost bugfree server, the oldschool feeling it delivers and its nice community!

#3 None:
As we have an up to date RLMap OTS, which is incredibly awesome and the very best of the best possible oldschool OTS running I am sire we dont need to list a third RlMap Server here. Botters, you gotta find one yourself!

Custom Map Servers

#1 TNT Developement
hexan.jpg

http://tntopentibia.com
This OTS is under developed by Orkanite and Bintzer and Xanitex.
These guys are doing an incredible job and update their server continuesly with new content, the only problem being the lack of players. If you are a custom map lover and belong to the actual OTS players you will love this server!

#2 Lordaeron
http://lordaeron.eu
Another reborn legend developed by master of OTS aka elf, who retired and sold the ots to SpiderOT, who is hosting it now beside his evo server SpiderOTS! Worth a try!

#3 Collapser Server
Collapser
Being online for more than s year and still having a playerbase of 300ppl online worth to give it a try!

Teleport/Evo Servers

#1 SpiderOT
U62PH.jpg

SpiderOT
Having run for quite a long time and never resetted , almost lagfree and continously developed this server is a must for every evo fan!(developed by SpiderOT)

#2 Vestia.pl
VestiaOT - Newsy

#3 Noobwar - Latest News

5.What our Readers play:
First edition, so no readers yet :p

6. Screenshot of the week:

jgvFv.jpg

7. Readers Interview :

For the first time I interviewed LATE :)

-How did you first find out about Open Tibia?

One of my friends told me about it.

-Have you ever developed your own OTS?

Yes, yes I have.

-What was your favourite OTS?

It was some server called armonia. I don't remember the map but I jsut rememer it being awesome.

-What kind of OTS do you like?

High exp.

-How long did ya play real tibia?

I've played for about 4 years and I'm still playing.

-Are you currently playing any OTS?

Nope, sometimes shadowcores but only to pk.

-What engaged you to let me interview you?

I wanna be famous!

Thank you for taking the time to answer this :)

------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed reading, give feedback and stay tuned :)

Last edited:
Really nice Damon! I can see that you put down alot of time on this! And its really good! However its kind of annoying to read this on a thread here otland. I would just like to say that you should probably open a new seperate website for all this news!

But anyways great read! :)

You should remove the advertisement since its againts the rules, you're only allowed to advertise in the advertising board.

Well Bogart I see, but maybee you could ask the other mods and/or admins if its ok just for this case :)
Anyway it will be put on a website, too :)

Work on the thread layout if you want anyone to ever read it through.

Also, Znote havnt hosted OTs for a long, long time (?), and indeed Don Daniello server is crap.

Well this is something nice, keep it up and do not stop after 1 - 2 - 3 issues =)

Well this is something nice, keep it up and do not stop after 1 - 2 - 3 issues =)

And I dont intend to stop as long as there are people interested :p

@Amoaz
Well I tried DonDaniellos service and well it had some lags , still for newcomers its nice :)
Please pm me for further discussion .

@Amoaz
Well I tried DonDaniellos service and well it had some lags , still for newcomers its nice :)

There is really nothing to discuss, is it? :eek:

Don's service is crap for newcomers, and specially for people not used to Linux since he provides no support at all.

@Amoaz

My rl mate bought Dedicated from dons hosting and he told me that he wasted 250 euro on a crap dedicated server. But he told me the support was Good at start.

My rl mate bought Dedicated from dons hosting and he told me that he wasted 250 euro on a crap dedicated server. But he told me the support was Good at start.

Well, you see?I just can tell about my experience there^^
And I also proposed other hosting solutions

nice job even tho its funny to read about mindrage while i can find his thread on the same page on the same board and such:p

How often will you write/update the news?

I plan to make weekly editions :)

-LOOKING FOR NEXT SCREENSHOT OF THE WEEK!

-Looking for someone to tell me what ots "our readers" play :)

I like this topic specially cause my server there lool
also it's lordaeron.eu not .net ;d

Back