• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Project] Red Dead OT

Ecstacy

Mothafuckaaa
Reaction score
  • Red Dead OT

Welcome to the project called Red Dead OT.
The server is based off the game called Red Dead Redemption.

This is, of my knowing, the first project of this game.

• Features

The game will probably have this features (More to be added).

Mounting. 90% [Not working on it]]
Gun System. 70% [Not working on it]]
Hunting system. 60% [not working on it]
Quests. [Won't have percentage]
Horses. 90% [Not working on it]]
Job System. see code tag for % [working on it]

• Detailed Features

• Mounting

The mounting system will let you be able to ride your horse.
It will add extra speed, and for that reason you get a faster way of traveling.

• Gun System

The gun system is the combat for this system.
Every gun has his own damage, chance to miss an attack, chance for double hit and ammunition.

The gun system works on click, so not on target.
This is to keep good PvP.

• Hunting System

The hunting system is if you have nothing to do, want to gain money or want to get experience, slowely however.

While hunting you will be able to skin certain monsters with a knife, such as wolfs, bears, lions and deers.

After you've skinned them you will be obtained fur and meat.
You will be to sell these obtainings and get money for it.

• Quests

The quest will NOT be based on Red Dead Redemption.
It will contains own-made quests, such as hunting tasks, items gatherings, boss hunting.

• Horses

After completing an amount of quests you will gain the ability to whistle to call your horse.
Once your horse is called, it will follow you around aslong as it's not a PZ zone.
you are free to mount the horse any time you want, unless you are in a PZ zone ofcourse.

When you logout the horse will automatically be sent away so you will be able to call the horse again.

If your horse is killed, you will have the ability to revive him through a command, which will charge you 400 gold (worth quite alot), by going to the doctor, which will cost you 50 gold, and maybe, after release, the ability to rescurrect the horse if you are a doctor/nurse (job).

• Job System

The game will also include a job system,
which will let you earn money on certain ways.

In example you can become a chemist, a hunter, a bounty hunter, a sherrif or a nurse.

You will be able to quit your job any time,
aslong as you are in a city with a job office.

By doing jobs you will gain experience in the skills dedicated to your job, and these will later be required for quests.

• Sherrif

You will be able to kill players with bounty, obtained by killing innocent players, in order to gain money + skill experience.

• Chemist

You will be able to make products using recipes which you have to learn.
These recipes can be obtains from quests, buying out of stores, buying from players.

In example you can make a piece of rope with 2 types of same fur and with 3 pieces of rope you will be able to make a rope.

• Bounty Hunter

Your main objective is killing players with bounty before any cop does.
Then when you have killed one you will gain experience and you'll have to loot the body of the target and collect the head of the player.

• Hunter

You will gain experience by hunting monsters that are skinnable.
You, and every other player that uses skinning, will gain experience in the skinning skill, which will reduce the chance to fail on skinning.
You gain no money for killing a skinnable monster, but you will 120% the money worth the item.

• Nurse

You will gain experience by healing other player and other player horses.

You will gain money by making deals with other players.

Code:
Total number of tiles: 80205
Total spawn count: 16

• Current Team

The only member currently in the team is myself,
as I didn't release any information about this yet.

You may however apply for job, by providing an example of things you are able to do, in this thread.

• Updates

Code:
[CENTER]Hunting system:
Currently you are allowed to skin/cut the following monsters:
Wolf,
Bear,
Deer,
Tiger.

On first you have 30% chance to skin an animal.
Then after you have passed the 30%, you have 2 chances left.
The first is 15% to skin an animal and get 2 items.
The second chance is 35% to gain 1 item.

You can see your succed/fail status by command "!huntstatus".[/CENTER]

Code:
[CENTER]Job system:

[B]Currently in development:[/B]
Sherrif [[color="red"]5%[/color]]

[B]Other jobs:[/B]
Chemist, [[I]0%[/I]]
Bounty Hunter, [[I]0%[/I]]
Hunter, [[I]0%[/I]]
Nurse [[I]0%[/I]][/CENTER]

• Change Log

Changelog as of 9th July - 2010.

Code:
Extended the map a bit.
Added sherrif NPC.
made a start on the job system.
Fixed a bug regarding talkaction.

Process on the server is slown down alot due sunny weather and due my job.

Yours,
unknown666

Last edited:
Hardly anything custom or different from other servers copying some other game, with an obscene amount of work to keep it realistic to the game itself. Will appeal to a very small amount of people. Also I'm guessing the "gun system" are just runes with the rock animation so it looks like bullets? I couldn't call that a "system", just runes with different sprites

Anyway good luck with this, I don't see it going very far or even being released

The gun system will not be based of runes.

It's based on actions.

As descripted you will have a certain amount of chance to hit and a certain amount of doing double the damage.
It will have decreased damage wether it's a player or a creature.
and it will also deal some extra based on your level.

Also I have not listed all features that will be added to the game, as I can CURRENTLY only come up with those features.
If you play or view a trailer about Red Dead Redemption you will see how you can expect the gameplay to be a bit like.

I might also add a kind of train system as seen in kingdom age, a while after openening the server, in case of quests that will be only there for a while.

And saying that there isn't something or almost nothing unique about it is not really true because there are only a few released projects as most are 'download&run' servers.

I have also not seen the job system in ANY that I have played.
And my reputation system will be own made and not by cybershot.

Selling items are also decided by your reputation.
If you are neutral reputation as in example you get a default price,
but if you are negative or positive reputation you will get a higher amount of money because the shopkeepers being affraid/friendly of/to you.

##
Also I'm planning on making a Gang System.
This system will let you be able to concur certain towns/hideouts with your gang.

You do need to have a required amount of members though and it will be very hard.
##

And for
Code:
I don't see it going very far or even being released

It WILL get released for sure, however it might take time because this project is for while I'm bored and want to learn more about scripting.

And about it not going very far,
I'm hoping it to have 100-200 average online and I'm not really wanting to make money out of this project either, however people do have to buy premium account, because hosting aint free.

Also, all systems will be recoded from the begin to end by me.
I'm willing to even take 1 month for 1 system as when I'm focused on something it WILL get done.

Last edited:
Use my RepSys as base script

Alright.

Last edited:
I was thinking about hosting myself,
But I might reconsider IF my computer can't handle the end result

I got 2 GHz dual-core and 3GB RAM,
my internet is also able to host 200 - 300 players without lag.

Back