• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Real tibia is going down, what will happen to OTs?

Raiden

Developer
Reaction score
I don't know if you think the same as me, but each day cipsoft made a shit the original game, i stop to play it around 1 year ago and i keep in the OT side, i start to play in 7.4 when you can easily see 60k+ players online per day, now if you see 25k it is a record, so i think that cipsoft will fall in about 2 or 3 years, at least they start to implement good ideas against botters and recover the nice pvp, so thinking that real tibia die, OT will continue? or simply the OT development will stop at the final version and start to make custom thing? what do you think?

Cipsoft should open few servers 7.4. People would come back and again it will be 60k players online per one day. I don't understand why they won't open it

This was said many years ago, but it hasnt happened yet.

Eventually every game dies.

Cipsoft should open few servers 7.4. People would come back and again it will be 60k players online per one day. I don't understand why they won't open it
It's fake. A lot of players will get bored after 1 hour....

" i start to play in 7.4 when you can easily see 60k+ players online per day"
Bullshit. It was in baby boom in 2007 (~7.92 client). After 8.0 update, to 2012, Tibia lost about 30k active players.

I don't know if you think the same as me, but each day cipsoft made a shit the original game, i stop to play it around 1 year ago and i keep in the OT side, i start to play in 7.4 when you can easily see 60k+ players online per day, now if you see 25k it is a record, so i think that cipsoft will fall in about 2 or 3 years, at least they start to implement good ideas against botters and recover the nice pvp, so thinking that real tibia die, OT will continue? or simply the OT development will stop at the final version and start to make custom thing? what do you think?

imo it could go either way, either OT also dies because there are no more official updates, OR OT will just grow more because all the Tibia players that want to keep playing tibia will end up coming to Open-Tibia, and even with no official updates(since an official entity would die), people will start to contribute even more to the growth of Open-Tibia

I can see both of these happening, but I'm obviously rooting for the second choice :p

and they wont return to a 7.4 or any other version because that would mean they would lose some of the new nifty features that botters like to use, and they'd rather keep all their bot players then having some few normal ones

Bullshit. It was in baby boom in 2007 (~7.92 client). After 8.0 update, to 2012, Tibia lost about 30k active players.

True ;) It´s their own fault lal :D

Nevver gonna happend i can swear that in 2013-2014 tibia will go down and im will make my own game! <3

/\
Scarlet Ayleid uses Wake-Up Slap
Wake-Up_Slap.png

Stop dreaming xD

Nevver gonna happend i can swear that in 2013-2014 tibia will go down and im will make my own game! <3

So you think that CipSoft will shutdown their game next year?

Which programming language are you going to use and what kind of game are you aiming for?

I dont see it going down next year, but I can see it going down in the next 5/10 years

Why bullshit? i don't get your point...

Real Tibia, Died years ago, now its just a money making scheme.

Yeah it die, but i think that cipsoft have time to recover their players, not making a 7.4 old server, that is ridiculus cuz the people wont like it totally, tehy should start to fight against the cheaters and start to make usefull updates, not that shits like skills offline or more hunting places, in a lot of server which are emphy is easy to find a hunt place, in No-pvp noobody respects the respawn so you have any hunt places... that shit of gnomes is only time losed

I don't see how offline training is bad? Cipsoft didn't invent skilling. The player did. So this is a way for tibia to be more fun? Who wants to create a knight and spend 2 weeks straight (like i did) to get 70/70 skills. If i hadn't i could be level 50-60 by now.

This is just stubborn people not liking change. If u ask me, i think tibia is slowly gaining back its player base (since there was a time i wiuld never settle for real...andlook now i'm back on the real hype.)

Offline training was best.
It stops bots, it enables you to logout there every night to train your skills.

Saves energy, because your laptop / pc wont have to be on 24/7 to skill ;]]

Offline training was best.
It stops bots, it enables you to logout there every night to train your skills.

Saves energy, because your laptop / pc wont have to be on 24/7 to skill ;]]

mine has been on now 76h before i restarted it... wanted new ip from the dhcp...
and its running now 47h i think :D

Cipsoft is like checkpoints, once they've passed one, they wont go back.
And once they realize they should go back a little bit.. it's already too late.

I'm not saying they should open oldschool servers, but they shoulf definitively remove the client light and aim hotkeys and so on....
I'd be happy to play a 8.5~ version, without hotkeys! would be awesome!

I think that tibia will not die 'cause just one thing. After a long time, they now hear the community voice and care about opnion from ur public...so they can let players send many ideas to put in the game... just for this reason that tibia will keep in the trail for long years.

Open-Tibia; we have everything to do a awesome game, we have a stable distro, we have a new OTCLIENT or keep using CIPCLIENT whatever, why the open-tibia will die with cipsoft game?
most people have skills to do something interesting for the open-tibia community, that include sprites and awesome history-line, c++ knowledge, mapping skills etc etc...so why again the open-tibia will die together cipsoft if they shutdown the game? :)

Cipsoft is like checkpoints, once they've passed one, they wont go back.
And once they realize they should go back a little bit.. it's already too late.

I'm not saying they should open oldschool servers, but they shoulf definitively remove the client light and aim hotkeys and so on....
I'd be happy to play a 8.5~ version, without hotkeys! would be awesome!

Edit: In tfs config you can remove the hotkey system atleast. :p

Back