• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RealOTS High Fun Rate - Free To Play @Europe

Ezzz

Developer of Nostalrius and The Violet Project
Solutions
Reaction score
It's been months since I completed the project and around 3 months since I said I only needed to setup the website, but you might know how hard can it be to complete such a big project having a 10 hour job and being the only one working on it.

Since I'm finally done with the project I've decided to give it a chance, see how it goes and if anybody finds potential in it, you can find some of my progress here: https://realotsblog.wordpress.com

So basically I want to run a fun PvP RealOTS server, just for fun, nothing serious but casual, enough for people to have a fun time without much effort put in and the availability to test the project itself and it's potential for a dedicated.

I've finished the website which you can find here: http://realots.net/index.php
  • Account Creation
  • News
  • Highscores
  • Online List
  • Houses
  • Guilds Management
  • Character Profiles
Simple stuff that's needed to setup a server and run it.

It will be ran in Europe (Dennis server) just for the sake of it.
I can't say much yet since it's been a while since I last hosted a server, but I'm thinking of:

1 - 20 = 30x
20 - 50 = 20x
50 - 80 = 15x
80 - 100 = 10x
100 - 150 = 5x
Magic = 10x
Skills = 10x
Loot = 5x (only applies to rare items, not gold or common drops)
  • Experience Share
  • TFS 1.1 Engine
  • 7.72 Client
  • 1/1 NPCs
  • 1/1 Monsters
  • 1/1 Raids
  • 1/1 Spells & Runes Formulas
  • 1/1 Map & Quests
  • 1/1 Map Lore
  • basically CIP files after some reverse engineering and test needed :)
  • basically stock RealOTS with some mods here and there
  • Free to play
  • No shop
  • Start with some basic equipment

I'd say I can run it within a week from now, like setup the thread in advertising until the date comes.

I think its a opportunity to test your engine so far. But you need to make a great announce or it will not get enough player as its not the real server yet.

I think its a opportunity to test your engine so far. But you need to make a great announce or it will not get enough player as its not the real server yet.

I agree on that, I'm still an amateur when it comes to advertisement, back in the day when I first started the project (2 years ago) it did had a lot of attention.
For instance, I could just post the advertisement thread, but I have yet to see a few more support around here,

Awesome.
Is there anything that you haven't reverse engineered with the Cipsoft files?
Is it really 1/1?

It should be, given how hard it can be to reverse engineer a server, technically.
It could be a comprehensive list of things that I know can certainly be 1/1, it just a matter of playing.

back in the day when I first started the project (2 years ago) it did had a lot of attention.

That's because it was fresh and there was a lot of progress to be seen, after that there was no real progress to be seen. It looked like your project died.

That's because it was fresh and there was a lot of progress to be seen, after that there was no real progress to be seen. It looked like your project died.

CIP Files happened :p

Continue where you left off & put the test server back on. Allow people to have another look so you can get feedback, fix bugs. Go from there. Don't expect blind support for what you're not showing. Advertise without prior testing you'll get shot down faster than I can sign up for my first character.

You need to buy big advertisement.

1. Why 7 numbers for account number?
2. When I'm singing up:

"Real name:
This input is optinal."

small thing, but still.. ;)

Continue where you left off & put the test server back on. Allow people to have another look so you can get feedback, fix bugs. Go from there. Don't expect blind support for what you're not showing. Advertise without prior testing you'll get shot down faster than I can sign up for my first character.

I'll just have to do that then, are these experience stages alright, or should I set them higher ?

You need to buy big advertisement.

1. Why 7 numbers for account number?
2. When I'm singing up:

"Real name:
This input is optinal."

small thing, but still.. ;)

:oops: will get the latter fixed up

Last edited:
Well, I meant it for you to make sure everything's working as expected without bug exploits that can kill your ot from the first day. Ofcourse you can start with a big advertisement if it's all good.
Because on the other hand it's bad to give away your antibot client before the server starts. So my advice here kinda sux. :D

Well, I meant it for you to make sure everything's working as expected without bug exploits that can kill your ot from the first day. Ofcourse you can start with a big advertisement if it's all good.
Because on the other hand it's bad to give away your antibot client before the server starts. So my advice here kinda sux. :D

None exist within the game world, there wasn't a single one within CIP files, highly doubt I'm going to have one come up.
I've good faith on this project, I'll be posting an advertisement thread later today.

Back