• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RME Live Beta - Ideas

Illusion

Legend
Reaction score
As the title says, leave here you're ideas/suggestions on how to improve RME Live.

Some ideas:
- Mark a specific area where only U can map, so no one else can edit(remove) it.(to avoid people deleting u'r stuff)
- Names @ cursors.
-
Originally Posted by Crolly
I have been using this Live thing for the last couple of days and I really enjoy mapping with friends, it's way more fun than mapping solo. But still there are alot of features I would like to see in this program before it suits all of my needs. I'll list them below, if you don't understand something then feel free to ask what it might be.
Chat system - Being able to communicate with other mappers without using signs.
Spectator mode - When configuring the server with a password, it would be awesome if other people could join the server in a spectator mode to only watch the progress. (Only if they have been given the IP of course)
Online list - Being able to choose an username when joining the server, the username will later be displayed on the online list above the chat.
Statistics - Display basic statistics, for example what users who mapped the most sprites and what user that has been online the most.
Automatic save - Being able to configure some kind of automatic save when starting up the server, this way people will be able to run servers over nights without being worried that RME will shutdown for any reason.

I know that I had way more ideas some hours ago, I will update this post later when they will come back to me, hopefully you will consider these features and implement them hopefully!

Feel free to leave you'r Ideas!

Regards.

Great thread, I will contribute with more ideas when I get them.

"Online list - Being able to choose an username when joining the server, the username will later be displayed on the online list above the chat."
*Color of the users cursor displayed beside the username and/or usernamers beside the cursors
*Rightclick on a username to get a menu where you can choose whisper, ban, kick, go-to(Will be taken to the cursor of that user). Ban and kick for host only ofc ;ppp

-In preferences where you choose your cursor color, put a checkmark next to the colors that have been use the past 24 hours so you don't pick the same color as someone else.
-An option for the hoster so that when he saves, all the people currently in his session also get the map saved in their chosen location (Preferences > Saved map locations)

There are some smaller ones:
- Better palette splitting - there are for example many natural biomes and many kinds of cities which usually doesn't fit to themselves.
- Fix for floating options in preferences, palette, etc.
- Position pasting in teleport preferences(eg. id 1387)
- Possibility to remove default extensions without errors
- Possibility to join "live" without creating empty new file in single mode

Let him rest a bit, he just made a damn live mapeditor for you and you're already brainstorming with ideas...

Let him rest a bit, he just made a damn live mapeditor for you and you're already brainstorming with ideas...

Hey! We are just being creative here, we are not telling him to rush! He may take all the time he needs :)!

Extensions and that crap, you can do yourselves.

@ONT
LOL close this sht... as neon said he just made the Live map editor... you don't need extensions you can do raw mapping.

else those ideas are already there he just get bug first read his twitter instead of spamming ...

I'm thinking of putting some basic extension together and release it here when I have the time :D
Great! :)
At least someone willing to do something instead of waiting for everything to be served to them on a silver plate. Remere has done a lot for Open Tibia already, the least we could do is help by developing the extensions. It's not like you need to be a professional programmer to do so. They're just time consuming.

I think that if he just creates a system like minecraft with a simple white list with permissions and a very simple chat program he would no longer need to advance anything but the client spr and shit that hes done for so long already. This is without a doubt the most amazing map editor ive ever used. For any game. But i do believe remere should take a break. The last update took a lot of work.

Here is an awesome idea for Remere, He should make an API for his map editor, so that we can make "plugins" for it, that can do these stuff. there he can rest and just update API while the community develops plugins for it.

It would be simpler if he can divide the "server" from the client, there fore you can dedicate servers(with no GUI) to be incharge of making the map and having the people connect to it.

@ONT
LOL close this sht... as neon said he just made the Live map editor... you don't need extensions you can do raw mapping.

else those ideas are already there he just get bug first read his twitter instead of spamming ...
We're not spamming at all, this are suggestions, he is not being forced to do any of these, it will just be better. We can all live without all of these suggestions.

There should be acc and password and own name so ppl know who this person is and would be simpler. When hes opening rme is should come Account and Password and you will be able to hide the name when you are mapping.

Something like that
BxOfb.png

Back