• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden]GunCraft, 2D CS, Custom Oldschool style BETA 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are all my sprites. ;)

Thief.

ye I admit I stole a lot of the sprites I use.. actually I stole all.
Most of them were stolen by cipsoft, who stole it from UltimaOnline.
But I didn't stole yours, why?
1: couldn't find anywhere that they were under copyrights.
2: you're half world away, so even if you would continue your stuffs, it wouldn't allow European players to enjoy the game as PVP doesn't accept people to have high ping.

But all this is said, as if you are actually the Br guy that made them.
Also, I don't think you used any time making the guns, as they are very easy auto-generated from using pictures available on google... just search for "counter strike weapons" and you'll find a list of identical weapons but in Cs graphics.
Convert to usable 32x32px images, they're identical to yours =)

but if you feel, I could make my own sprites for the outfits, but when people ask me who made them, you will never be mentioned, so right now I advertise you a bit.
How come? -> most people who talked with me in GunCraft, have asked me about the sprites if I made them, and every time I'm honest, the outfits come from another project, so don't think I don't give creds to the real creator =)

So please, msg me again what you want, but be ready to prove who you are, that you're the guy, and I'll make your wish happen!

Last edited:
Will there be a kind of... tournament? timed pvp arena matches... something like you see on the cs tibia videos on youtube.

Ehh the site gives me my pass in sha1 formate

Fun gameplay,needs more players and a bit more maps, but its a good server!

more players indeed :) but it's only a test server atm, making sure everything works they way it should before I get too far with map and systems :)
Also giving people a chance to try it out, and give them something they want to be a part of when the real launch comes :) I have reasons to believe that there will be some creepy teams coming in at the launch :)

Until that, I'll do my very best at expanding the game map and add the missing creatures and fulfill the game itself :)

- - - Updated - - -

Moved the website and game to a septate hosting machine, earlier they were hosted from my developing computer but not anymore, so I can work I do my own test server to keep expanding the game without have to worry about restarting while people are online :)

I'm currently working on expanding the map, adding more creatures and tune the game play.

Bugs that has been fixed and some updates, some maybe are already online while others will come next time I update the test-server.
*Level at death was updated as the level character is at the moment, even if the death was a month ago. changed to display the actual death at the time of death.
*Added a daily kills-counter, that will put out the days statstics about which team made most kills (etc CT vs T, 13 - 9)
*Added server-status showing if game is online + how many players are online. Also statistics showing how many accounts that exist including how many active players there are + how many inactive players.
*Added 5 top level in a box.
*Added 5 latest deaths in a box.
*Updated the menu to be as "usual main menu" + menu below it to show category options, instead of having the "cheap" menu at left side of the webpage.

Game:
*Rifles are now two-handed weapons.
*Some of the weapons ingame gave wrong exhaust information (Some weapons said their exhaust was for example 3 seconds, while it actually was 1.)
*Added an weapon exhaust when walking in stairs (After walking in stairs, you cannot atta monsters for 1.5 seconds, but you can still attack players!)

Client:
*Fixed an outfit that had wrong position on the tiles (the character was placed 8 pixel south-east of a tile instead of the position it should have been in.)
*Fixed an performance error that caused the client to debug when a game-master walks through closed-doors.
*4 out of 6 Grass-tuffs were useable (like clicking on a vial), that have been fixed (green and dried grass-tuffs)

I've probably missed something that I've done lately but oh well... I'll add if there's anything important :)

The game and website is currently down because I'm working with a brand new hardware firewall that I'm testing out.
The game will be back online later tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Both game and website are now back online!

Beta version 2.0 will be released soon enough also which will include that the map size is more than 7 times bigger than the current one.
Also some game improvements and client improvements are included with this update. The update also concern the website at a few points.

an update-list will be included on the website once the update has been launched.
If the update isn't done tonight, it will be tomorrow!

- - - Updated - - -

BETA 2.0 Release!
Client:
*Fixed an outfit that had wrong position on the tiles (the character was placed 8 pixel south-east of a tile instead of the position it should have been in.)
*Fixed an performance error that caused the client to debug when a game-master walks through closed-doors.
*4 out of 6 Grass-tuffs were useable (like clicking on a vial), that have been fixed (green and dried grass-tuffs)
*Made the 100-dollar bill to have a blue index color to make a bigger difference from the usual dollar.

*Level at death was updated as the level character is at the moment, even if the death was a month ago. changed to display the actual death at the time of death.
*Added a daily kills-counter, that will put out the days statstics about which team made most kills (etc CT vs T, 13 - 9)
*Added server-status showing if game is online + how many players are online. Also statistics showing how many accounts that exist including how many active players there are + how many inactive players.
*Added 5 top level in a box.
*Added 5 latest deaths in a box.
*Updated the menu to be as "usual main menu" + menu below it to show category options, instead of having the "cheap" menu at left side of the webpage.

Game:
*Rifles are now two-handed weapons.
*Some of the weapons ingame gave wrong exhaust information (Some weapons said their exhaust was for example 3 seconds, while it actually was 1.)
*Added an weapon exhaust when walking in stairs (After walking in stairs, you cannot atta monsters for 1.5 seconds, but you can still attack players!)
*Added more creatures:
-Smuggler
-Assassin
-Wild Warrior
-Bandit
-Dwarf
-Dwarf Soldier
-Dwarf Guard
-Dwar Geomancer
-Dwarf Watcher
-Dwarf High Soldier
-Dwarf Lord
-Dwarf Elder Lord
-Elf
-Elf Scout
-Elf Arcanist

*Added a lot of new areas around the entire map.
*Changed all the creatures loot on chances of looting and added more items possible to loot.
*Added a backpack seller ("Malmek", placed in center of Alvore, below the stair-hills)
*Changed Shotguns to actually act like shotguns (several bullets that could hit anything)
*Updated the attack-engine of weapons to work smoother and faster
*Added weapon exhaust while stair-jumping (you cannot attack creatures for 1.5 seconds after changing floor, but you can still attack players!)

and a lot more.. login and find out!

Last edited:
I'm already working on BETA 3.0, which I hope will be released within a few days.
This version will like 2.0, have a lot more to offer the players than the earlier version.

I could leak the some of the change-log, so you maybe will have something to look forward to!
BETA 3.0 Change-log said:
THESE CHANGES WILL COME TOGETHER WITH 3.0 UPDATE!
*Added chock grenade (paralyzes creatures of an area).
*Added implode grenade (works like magic wall/wildgrowth).
*Changed items that "Alexander" and "Baltasar" offered.
*Added detail list of "Alexander" and "Baltasar" that you can ask them about (They will reply with their offers when you ask them for "buy", "sell", "trade" and more).
*Changed so you only have to say "refill" to "Alexander" and "Baltasar" when you want your ammo refilled (earlier you had to say: ammo -> refill -> yes)

Going to try this out tomorrow! Looks really great.

Rep ++ !

- - - Updated - - -

ontop of South main street 1a and 1b you get stuck. So i am stuck on the roof atm ;P i cant go down the stairs.

- - - Updated - - -

bump

ontop of South main street 1a and 1b you get stuck. So i am stuck on the roof atm ;P i cant go down the stairs.

Thank you for the report, I'll fix this issue!

Ontopic:
This morning I completed the house-system so houses are buyable and also that systems from the game serve the website with information, so now you can see if a certain player owns a house, and what name the house have, size and more..

But at this very moment, I'm working on web-design and functions, here's a little taste:
<Beware! the new design and stuffs, will not be available for public until BETA 3.0 release!>

Old character page
w9guvm.jpg

New character page
33c2lvd.jpg

Old highscores
zy6czp.jpg

New highscores
34yv329.jpg

I hope you're looking forward for the BETA 3.0! it's getting big :)

This server is fucking epic.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a few questions to Beta 3.0

Any new..

* Maps?
* Monsters/Custom Monsters?
* Weapons Tweeks?

This server is fucking epic.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a few questions to Beta 3.0

Any new..

* Maps?
* Monsters/Custom Monsters?
* Weapons Tweeks?

BETA 3.0 will have all of those =)
Bigger map, more houses, more creatures, more weapons =)

the update will hopefully be released tomorrow but can't swear on that, but I can swear on that the change-log is getting pretty big ;)

Things you should for for beta 3.0

* Machine Rifles are slightly overpowered.
* You don't gain skills with shotgun.
* You can grenade and rifle at the same time, imo they should have the same exhaust.
* Medicine packs get exhaust even if you miss yourself, which means you have to wait for two seconds if you miss the heal to heal again (makes it extremely hard to survive).
* You should expand the existing hunting places. For example do more and better elves. Expand the PoH area and so on.
* Add more and better monsters (WL, Demons).

Bump, When is 3.0 coming out?

- - - Updated - - -

Double Bump

Things you should for for beta 3.0

* Machine Rifles are slightly overpowered.
* You don't gain skills with shotgun.
* You can grenade and rifle at the same time, imo they should have the same exhaust.
* Medicine packs get exhaust even if you miss yourself, which means you have to wait for two seconds if you miss the heal to heal again (makes it extremely hard to survive).
* You should expand the existing hunting places. For example do more and better elves. Expand the PoH area and so on.
* Add more and better monsters (WL, Demons).

all those are already included with 3.0.

Topic
And about my lately inactivity, I'm sorry to keep you waiting, but 2 nights ago my daughter was born and me and my wife came back home from hospital last night, so I've had a total of 3 inactive days.
But for now and future, I'll try to find as much time as possible to finish 3.0 to release it and maintain GunCraft as an updated game.
But as some of you might understand, I will not be too motivated to post stuffs here, I'll focus on working on server and reply at questions due to that I'm really really tired, 3 days without proper sleep for now (well, 2 of them without sleep at all, this night I had chance for 4 hours sleep)

Again, this is nothing that will make GUnCraft to another game that dies out, I promise you that, however I will soon look for ingame staff that can take care of the server so I can focus all my free time on updates instead!

For 3.0, as said, I've been gone for 3 days now, and I have to sit down, summoning up what 3.0 is, how it looks now and what it should look like and what's left, luckily I got a lot of "to-do lists" I've been writing the latest days to remember myself about everything.
For you that don't have kids, the day you follow your wife to hospital, that's the start of your memory-loss, everything that's not about your wife/child, will slowly vanish and also little sleep, will make you forget things you've said 5 minutes ago :)
But I'm fine, and back, time to get working!

<edit> if I spell wrong, say same word twice or almost write backwards, it's because I'm very tired... just so you know...

Congratulations to you and your family and this is a great server, I really enjoy playing it. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back