• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Talk about starting OTServ.

Mudrock

Reaction score
Hello friends, how are you ?

Sitting here in front of the computer formulating ideas for my OTServ, I was thinking .... How do other people get an idea?

I've been looking for a more complete base and started working on it (I'm going through a lot of problems with it, but at least it was free), I already have almost a week of work with my team and so far we have separated 32 fucking tasks to complete .

It's been very difficult, but I want to hear from you. When are they starting a project where they start? Buy a base without bugs or download one from the internet that users make available?

I really want to know how other minds execute these ideas from otserv .. because I wonder if I'm really doing the right thing to try for a quality online server!

Sorry for the translation errors, I really need to improve my English!

your english is fine in my opinion

for people starting out with servers, i'm 99% sure most people just download and edit a datapack so they can learn (or at least that's what i did)
as for ideas, people always want to reinvent the wheel (remake things that have already been made), which isn't horrible to do but obviously it makes you look like a copycat
me personally, i wouldn't buy or download a data pack and make a server out of it and call it my own (only to start learning with)
a server is something you create yourself and you get better at creating your own things as you move forward and keep learning
most servers take the ideas that they like from other servers, and make them available in their server which is completely fine since no one owns any ideas, since this is open tibia after all
use features from servers that you like in your own server, also try to appeal to the community, not just yourself

my recommendation to you: start learning lua by reading lua.org and lua-users.org, analyze other people's code and try to learn from it, and ask questions to people that know more than you
don't get discouraged when things get hard, your brain can learn anything if you work at it
when you're comfortable with how you're doing, start trying to make your own things, try to make whatever pops into your head and see if you can do it (whether it's server related or just something with pure lua) because that's the best way to practice imo and never copy & paste code (even if it's easy)

good luck ;)

Thank you, it really woke me up to this world that is programming! Well, I do not consider myself a layman on the subject but what tires me is the lack of information that often happens in the open warm world! Many players do not teach.
Some of them call only for money wanting to charge for teachings or often just to talk about what's going wrong in your code or server, which is what's happening to me now.
I do not know where else to look for information ......

But let's move on, it will not be now that I will give up!
your english is fine in my opinion

for people starting out with servers, i'm 99% sure most people just download and edit a datapack so they can learn (or at least that's what i did)
as for ideas, people always want to reinvent the wheel (remake things that have already been made), which isn't horrible to do but obviously it makes you look like a copycat
me personally, i wouldn't buy or download a data pack and make a server out of it and call it my own (only to start learning with)
a server is something you create yourself and you get better at creating your own things as you move forward and keep learning
most servers take the ideas that they like from other servers, and make them available in their server which is completely fine since no one owns any ideas, since this is open tibia after all
use features from servers that you like in your own server, also try to appeal to the community, not just yourself

my recommendation to you: start learning lua by reading lua.org and lua-users.org, analyze other people's code and try to learn from it, and ask questions to people that know more than you
don't get discouraged when things get hard, your brain can learn anything if you work at it
when you're comfortable with how you're doing, start trying to make your own things, try to make whatever pops into your head and see if you can do it (whether it's server related or just something with pure lua) because that's the best way to practice imo and never copy & paste code (even if it's easy)

good luck ;)

Thank you, it really woke me up to this world that is programming! Well, I do not consider myself a layman on the subject but what tires me is the lack of information that often happens in the open warm world! Many players do not teach.
Some of them call only for money wanting to charge for teachings or often just to talk about what's going wrong in your code or server, which is what's happening to me now.
I do not know where else to look for information ......

But let's move on, it will not be now that I will give up!
the best source of information is official documentation and people who know more than you
if you really want to know from the people helping you, ask them to tell you what's actually happening and what they're doing to fix the problem (and their reasoning)

Back