• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tanelorn Server (custom server) Official Discussion Thread

Every one of my nearly 200 houses in that village are different and unique with different shapes and designs. I think everyone is basing their comments on the premise that all of the houses are all the same. That's not true. Oh, here's a working Stargate I've added to my world as well.

stargate.jpg

Not to be rude but your mapping really suck.. Even worse than mine. Your houses make no sense at all and nothing is random. Look at a house in real life, it isnt the same in the left end as it is in the right end, as with bottom floor and top floor, nothing is alike

In your opinion, do the houses in the official Tibia servers 'suck' too?

You haven't even seen the map. :p Just a few houses out of a few hundred.

I think you should try get a mapper, but other than the its got some pretty sweet things.

t.jpg

Another ss of my castle floor, I took the letter T in a font I liked and created a healing/protection zone around it.

You're starting to get the idea that I posted. It doesn't have to be letters, just take something that you think is neat, cool, or nifty, and implement it into the map. And you should really start working on detailing your map, I've only seen grass, and buildings without any detail around them. If you show us detail you might not get as much critizem.

You're starting to get the idea that I posted. It doesn't have to be letters, just take something that you think is neat, cool, or nifty, and implement it into the map. And you should really start working on detailing your map, I've only seen grass, and buildings without any detail around them. If you show us detail you might not get as much critizem.

Actually, that letter was the beginning of the whole map I started on a few months ago. But using letter shapes for houses, yes, your idea was a good one. That T was probably the first detail I created after the castle floor, of which the T-shaped lawn in the center is part of. As far as detail in the map goes, I map the same way I develop front-end designs, I put up the basics and then go back and do the detailing when the basic layout is more concrete. So now I understand the criticism, because the detail isn't there yet. That's probably why I shouldn't be posting screenshots yet, heh... it's not the finished product, I was just following up on the comments initially made about the shape/design of the houses. Thanks for your input. I'm working in the details right now on what I've mapped so far, and then I'll keep working in the quest line with the NPCs. As I mentioned, the quests (based along the story line) follow the story, but you can choose which path you want to take throughout the quests and ultimately the ending is up to each player. I may be putting more work into the quests/events/raids/story line than the map, so I'll try to remedy that as far as the map quality goes. I personally find mapping and house building to be very tedious labor, but I enjoy coding and writing scripts.

I had a bit of an issue with the Stargate, to achieve the animation effect for the kawoosh I used a couple docreateitems and removeitem or w/e they're called, but there was a danger of someone sitting on the gate and screwing the whole thing up, or throwing trash on the gate and screwing up the stack positions, but I fixed that by use of stalagmites, too complex to go into, but afaik it's 'screwup-proof' now. Also created a planet accessible through the Stargate, with Arcturan Megagnats and stuff... I probably won't create any houses on the planet, unless I add some sprites for oxygen domes to put the houses in.

Back
Top Bottom