• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The beginning of something special...

Would you play this server?

• Total voters

Leftwing

Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Not. This thread is about a small, almost miniature project I have embarked on as of late. This whole idea stems from the thread I made that is now sticked in this section, feel free to spend ten minutes reading through this: http://otland.net/f251/success-tips-creating-great-ot-148956/

Now to inform you as to what this thread is all about:

This project will be the creation of a server, a server with minimal effort and time will be put in between now and when it is released (expect Feb 7-12th). I will piece together a map using pieces from released projects and/or donated pieces from those who might be willing to help, as well as some of my own mapping. Do not expect RPG, do not expect 99999999x. Expect balance. Expect fun.

Now you may be wondering "Why not put 100% of your effort into this? Why waste your time?" Because my intention here is to prove a point. The point is, one doesn't need to even try to be successful. Anyone can spend two weeks creating something pathetic and still get many players hooked. But, the real point I'm making here: A server will only survive if updates are made often. That's right, I intend to keep this server going through small daily updates and bigger weekly updates to keep the game interesting. Also I am rather lacking in time as of late, especially with other projects I am working on. But! I still intend to make this server awesome and fun.

What I intend to do:
Encourage team-hunting, bossing and questing together.
Encourage PvP, guild wars and rivalry.

What I intend NOT to do:
Discourage players from hunting freely.
Force players to donate in order to be strong.

There are many other things I could mention above, however these are the biggest points I find that must be followed. Ruining the game with donations and excessive PvP shuns people away from your server, while encouraging team-quests and guild wars can attract players. You might go "Hey Leftwing, what you just said is contradicting, PvP shuns people away and brings them together?" It's about balance. Too much war makes people rage-quit, while too little leads to boredom and eventually leaving.

Now I have a few things I need answering for the release of the server, your opinions count.

Do you want to see RL-map spawns in this server?

Do you want a higher-rate or lower-rate server?

Do you want an older client (8.6) or newer (9.31)? Maybe in-between?

If I have any more questions I'll be sure to ask, any suggestions are welcome.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

1. There should be some.. but not alot of them
2. Low rate
3. 9.31 would be cool

Hell no, gtfo.
Low-Mid rate
In between. I really don't want botters.

Botting is a touchy subject. By allowing botting we attract a lot of people but at the same time shun people as well. The general consensus I have is that if you are botting AFK you deserve a 1-3 day ban, then a week ban, then a month ban, however if you are at least watching your character as it runs in circles then there really isn't much I can do about it.

Encourage team-hunting, bossing and questing together.
Encourage PvP, guild wars and rivalry.

If these are the 2 parts your gonna focus on i would say a mid ending on a low exp rate. probably around 50 - 2x starting at level 8 and ending at lvl 90. creating balanced monsters for lvl 300+ that are worth your while are alot harder than creating monsters for around level 100 that requires teamhunting else ppl will find a way around it. I got lots of experience in that matter as thats one of our main focus in my project aswell.

/Elaney

I voted "no" because I wouldn't want to play something "pathetic within 2 weeks" as you put it.

Didn't you just apply for Neon's project?

Hence why I'm saying this is a side project. I am still mapping actively within that along with the team however this is something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

I voted "no" because I wouldn't want to play something "pathetic within 2 weeks" as you put it.

I never said pathetic, I just said it won't be super-crazy-rpg-detailed and things like that. It will still be better than every single Realmap server.

Alright. But I gotta say, this aint the best time to start a new servers as there already are many servers starting up and therefore the playerbase would not be as high as if you put it up 4 weeks ago, or 4-8 weeks into the future.

Such as Mastercores and Realots

I don´t like 3 dings nowadays: cipsoft maps, botting and high exp / staged servers.

Now an answer to your questions:
No, full custom, only pieces like annihilator demon helmet etc.

Like 10 or 25x exp (with lot's of antibot features), we can call it mid?

Newer version, because 8.6 = elfbot.

Last edited:
Leftwing,first of all,good luck.

No !

Low rate.

Newer.

No.

Higher (be sure to add tougher things to kill for higher levels, don't rely just on demons)

Always latest

Why the F**K not?

Whatever suits you best, its a matter of taste and not what random OTLand users thinks that matter. (I don't care, as I won't play xD!)

Whatever you want, I would use the latest.

Alright. But I gotta say, this aint the best time to start a new servers as there already are many servers starting up and therefore the playerbase would not be as high as if you put it up 4 weeks ago, or 4-8 weeks into the future.

Such as Mastercores and Realots

You mean servers that last for 3 weeks and take another 6 months to come back up?

Back