• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The Forgotten Server 1.6

Evil Hero

Legacy Member
TFS Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Folks~

It's been almost 3 long years since the release of 1.4.x
We are here to happily announce the release of 1.6!

From now on we are planning to have steadier (stable) releases.
The development cycle will always be the odd number (ex: 1.7) while the (stable) release will be even (ex: 1.8)
We will still provide crucial bugfixes to the latest release having it as a separate branch on Github

Please visit The Forgotten Server Github and be a part of the never ending development story!

Now getting a bit into details about this release.
We sadly couldn't provide a really detailed data sheet as there have been so much changes in the 3 years and so few people to do documentary.
We will however provide all necessary links that you are able to search them yourself!

Development Time: 18 September 2021 - 06 June 2024
Protocol:
Github Project 1.7 - 1.8

Compilation (Requirements):
  • C++20 by default
  • Cmake 3.19 or higher
  • g++ 10.5 or higher
  • clang++ 12.0 or higher
  • vcpkg (recommended)
Library Changes:
  • Boost 1.66.0 -> Boost 1.71.0 (recommended)
  • Boost Filesystem (deprecated)
  • Crypto++ (deprecated)
  • OpenSSL
  • Boost Locale
  • Boost Beast (only required with -DHTTP=ON)
  • Boost Json (only required with -DHTTP=ON)
Feature Highlights:
Github Data:

Commits: 593
Files changed: 1488
77,957 additions
40,455 deletions

Contributors: 50
Pull Requests Merged: 567
Pull Requests Merged (by labels):
  • bugfixes: 44
  • decisions: 3
  • documentation: 4
  • enhancement: 35
  • feature: 26
  • no label: 462
Milestone 1.6: 11 Pull Requests merged

Issues opened: 229
  • open: 63
  • closed as completed: 141
  • closed as "not planned": 25
Issues (by labels)
  • bug:
    • open: 7
    • closed: 17
  • decisions:
    • open: 4
    • closed: 6
  • enhancement:
    • open: 12
    • closed: 4
  • feature:
    • open: 9
    • closed: 6
  • no label:
    • open: 21
    • closed: 88

Thanks to all supporters throughout the years of TFS, you guys are awesome!

Attachments

• tfs-1.6-datapack.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 19 · VirusTotal
  • tfs-1.6-windows.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 21 · VirusTotal
  • tfs-1.6-windows-bin.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 13 · VirusTotal
Ahhh yeah son! :cool:

Great work everyone! I'm so glad to see TFS brought back to life recently! You guys work hard for the rest of us to reap the benefits, thanks a lot!

I'm especially glad to see the built-in login server, so that everyone can login easily now!

Its been a long time coming

Oh damn didn't think I would see the light of this version!
Sadly, currently busy on another protocol but will definitely figgle around with this one.
Especially curious to new NPC system and things like Bestiary

Thanks for the hard work and especially the time the people that worked on this project have taken, we all get older, but good to see the ambition is still there.
I'm suprised I didn't see this post earlier but thanks @Codinablack for the bump :D

Oh damn didn't think I would see the light of this version!
Sadly, currently busy on another protocol but will definitely figgle around with this one.
Especially curious to new NPC system and things like Bestiary

Thanks for the hard work and especially the time the people that worked on this project have taken, we all get older, but good to see the ambition is still there.
I'm suprised I didn't see this post earlier but thanks @Codinablack for the bump :D
Post was hidden until everything was prepared :p

Incredible TFS 1.6, congratulations on the release. Thanks! I would like to know if it is possible to implement the 'allowOldProtocol = true' function in config.lua in this TFS 1.6? If you could implement this function in config.lua, it would be very good and help many people in the community. Do you know why this function is important? It allows connecting with the v8 otclient normally, just like in Canary 13.10. You only need to change it from false to true and use v8/thing 1100, and it connects to v8 normally.

Back