• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tibia - Winter Update 2010

munch

Reaction score
Foreword:
A lot of goodies will come with the following Winter Update; some of you might argue with "this is from this or that game", but you should remember that these ideas as been in RPG and MMORPGs, even before 2000.
If one shall try to make every single idea totally different from absolutely all other games, the development will be deadslow.
Many ideas out there are incredibly great, but gets turned down by players because it is recognized from other games.
Just because every single RPG game has Orcs in it, should suddenly Cipsoft remove this creature from the game?

Like a Tibian player once used to say:
"If you put wheels on a Mercedez, would that all of a sudden make it a Rolls Royce?".
It's really that simple, most creatures from Tibia are taken from mythologies or from our world, but made their own versions of them.
If you think about it for a second, most inventions today are only improvements or taken concept from an older invention.

Winter Update 2010
Mounts
There will be mounts in the next update, which every mount works for every outfit, with a small speed bonus (though it haven't been confirmed that every mount will only have a small speed bonus).
You can do everything you normally would while being mounted; attack, rope and so forth.
Note: a mount is just a sprite, like an outfit, works just the same.

mounts3.jpg

News article: The Animal Whisperer
Youtube: Tame creatures and become your mounts

Cooldown System
Here's what makes it really interesting: cooldown system.
With cooldowns, each spell has its own exhaustion, so after casting the first spell you have to cast other spells too meanwhile you're waiting for the first to be ready.
Without cooldowns, we're all just using the same spell or rune over and over again in an entire battle, which everyone can admit, is pretty boring.

spellicons.jpg

News article: Magical Mystery

New Spells
With the following cooldown system, there will also be new spells too! (for all vocations)
You can see more of the spell icons on Tibia Facebook.

Spell Icons: Tibia Facebook
Spreadsheet: Table with data of new and adjusted spells
Youtube: Knight's Healing Spells
Youtube: Knight's Attack Spells

Game Mechanics and In-Game Content
There's also a few minor, but significantly changes.
• Such as players and creatures are still pushable even if there's items under them, on the same tile.
We all know that most players do use an illegal third-party software, and with this change, the so-called 'anti-push' would become useless, which is a good thing.

• Players will not be able to rope creatures anymore, though you can still rope players. Reason is, because if a cave contains 3 Dragon Lords, you are to fight against all three at once, and not one after another.

• As soon as a creature loses its target, it will start walking back to its spawn.

• Players will be able to pass through other players in protection zones on all game world types.
Note that the "Glowing Switch" (the red tile in front of the depot boxes) prevents stacking, so it will work just as in Optional PvP, you will not be able to walk through players which are in front of the depot box.

• Old places in the good, ol' mainland has been revamped too!
Namely Outlaw Camp and Colossus.

News article: Of Robbers and Spirithunters

• Also been added more sellable items to the NPCs.
Though the list is pretty much useless when it comes to the original Tibia, since it's mostly rare drops and boss drops.
Many have stated that the demon loot should be added instead, and I do agree, since it's overflowing with such items on the market.
Tibia ML: New NPC Prices.

World Quests and Daily Tasks
Sooner or later there will be a world quest for every month, but for now, there will be a few new ones to look forward to.
Repeatable quests that you can do once a day will be added to new and old quests, and more will also come.
For more in-depth on world quests and daily tasks check the Test Server discussion below.

News article: World Quests Ahead!
Youtube: World Quests and Daily Tasks

Note: You can see more details about the Winter Update in Tibia.Wikia and Tibia-Stats.
You can also read the progress of the Test Server here.
If you're a tutor, you can participate in the discussion and premium players can now join the Test Server too.
OBS! Remember to delete the old TS clients, else all your hotkeys, config etc. will be automatically deleted upon login of the new TS client.

Flash Client
Soon enough, there will be a new Flash client. Though it won't be released with the next update, Winter Update 2010.
You can read more about the Flash client in the link below.

News article: Tibia Flash Client - Feature Teaser

For more details about the Flash client, do also check Tibia.Wikia, since it got most of it categorized there.

More info: Tibia.Wikia - Flash Client

//Munchies.

Last edited:
See? That's those comments I was talking about.
No knowledge about the history of games. If you had a slight idea about RPGs, you would see that WoW is just a package of tenfolds of other RPG games.

I'm really curious about this update. The only thing I'm a bit worried is the cooldown system. Hopefully it won't be troublesome while hunting.

See? That's those comments I was talking about.
No knowledge about the history of games. If you had a slight idea about RPGs, you would see that WoW is just a package of tenfolds of other RPG games.

I've got a vast knowledge of the history of MMOS.

I was just implying that I miss tibia 7.x, and I've had enough of Tibia's updates.

EDIT: Also, you will no-longer be able to rope creatures? HAH.

RIP Tibia.

Hey ShitSoft, I'm gonna mail em a mirror and a note that says "Now you can see how stupid you TRULY look"...

Actually i like tibia updates, espacially this one lol. Please realize that tibia 7.x have been history and they must update and i feel the updates is to the better.

You will say it isnt to the better regarding the decrease in players in last few years, i would say not , this decrease may be because of the bots thing and the banning of over 5k+ players every 3 month or somthng.

I've got a vast knowledge of the history of MMOS.
I was just implying that I miss tibia 7.x, and I've had enough of Tibia's updates.
If you truly do, you wouldn't have compared it with WoW.
Really, I do like 7.x too, believe me, but it's a lost case to crave for 7.x, not because Cipsoft is "dumb, blind sheeps", but rather because it's almost impossible to fight against bot developers.
Take Warden for example, one of, if not the most, notorious anti-cheat system out there, and yet, even Warden is having huge problems to detect bots; how do you think a company of 40 members would do?

EDIT: Also, you will no-longer be able to rope creatures? HAH.

RIP Tibia.
I don't follow. If you're no longer able to rope creatures, it would require you to either hunt with someone else or be higher level, which the hunting ground was designed for.
How is that a bad thing?

Or not be able to rope botters out of caves.

Also, I was referring to the cooldown system, ect.

I know you were, but you should know that many RPGs did have cooldown system, mounts, professions, instances and all that long before Blizzard even considered WoW.

About roping botters out of caves. Could you elaborate how you are supposed to do that?
It's merely impossible nowadays with all these new bots, especially thinking of how Cip have expanded every single passage (almost).

Edit:
It's possible to rope players, but not creatures.

Last edited:
Well if you think about it, it was kinda strange that players could rope up monsters such as a dragon lord XD. I think the updates are cool, but the most important thing in my opinion is to drop the hotkey aim (it was a mutch better game without hotkey aim!) and to make runes with fewer mana to summon (more people will stay at depot insteed of cavebotting 24/7).

Well if you think about it, it was kinda strange that players could rope up monsters such as a dragon lord XD. I think the updates are cool, but the most important thing in my opinion is to drop the hotkey aim (it was a mutch better game without hotkey aim!) and to make runes with fewer mana to summon (more people will stay at depot insteed of cavebotting 24/7).

That just means PvP will be retarded for kids without bots.

played the test server, and the mounts are kinda strange, some outfits dont fit well on the mount, some others do fit very good on it..

Yeah, I noticed that too. F.ex. your name is covering your face when you are looking south, some addons changes to a standard colour and with some outfits it looks like your character is about to fall off the mount. :p

There are plenty of pictures in most of the links I've provided.
But sure I could post a few small pictures though. :)

Back
Top Bottom