• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Tutorial] How to take care of your character.

HolmaN

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello, I'll help you take care of your character in a good way!

First of all , I'll show you how I take care of my backpacks while hunting and how I organize my main backpack.

I'll show you how organize all the vocations. But remember, this is how I do, not how everyone have to do. Okey, let us start with a royal paladin, followed by an elite knight, and in the end a mage. Doesn't mather if it's a sorc or a druid. they're using the same kind of items and supplies.

Step one: The way of a paladin.

Keep your main backpack clean and make sure that you know where everything in your backpack is placed and shown in case of an emergency.
Get your loot backpack, wich contain a few empty backpacks at the end of your main backpack. In my case it's the yellow one. Make sure it's followed by the supplie backpack, in this case the liberty bay backpack. Only use and show the items you'll need for this hunt etc in the main backpack. It's not worth having all your items there, it's hard to find what you're in need of fast.

mainbporg1.jpg

Okey, this time I'll open the supplie backpack, and show you what's inside.

cpbackpack.jpg

As you can see, I'm using supplies wich got a lower or a higher level requirement then my character, so I wont be useing the shown items. Very simple, and I can easy find what I need pretty fast.

Now I'll open them, to show you all what's inside the backpacks/bags.

backpackorgpally.jpg

Easy, wasn't it? I can bet that you already knew what was inside.
If you decide to follow this, it will be easy to hunt from now on.
Now I'll show how it will look while you're hunting:

rphuntingorg.jpg

That was pretty simple, and you still have alot of free space below, to open a few monster while collection loot.

Step two: The way of a knight.

First of all I would like to inform you about one thing. It's a simple thing so don't worry, you'll get it...
Ok, here we go.....IT'S THE SAME KIND OF ORGANIZATION AS BEFORE!!!

However, I've already explained what the point of using this kind of organization in your backpack is. So I'll skip that chapter this time.

Main backpack:

keepmainbp.jpg

Supplie backpack:

cpbackpackknight.jpg

Inside the backpacks:

knightorgani.jpg

While hunting:

knightorghunt.jpg

That was easy... Wasn't it? :)
Okey, let's get further to step 3.

Step three: The way of a mage.

Same way here, so I'll show you quite fast this time too. But remember this time I'll go for a tomb hunt. So I'll show you how the backpacks are fixed for this small hunt.

The main backpack:

backpacksorc.jpg

And sorry for not showing you how to keep your backpacks on a mage. But you got such a low amount of cap, so it's just to put all your backpacks into a single one.

Okey, here's how it look like while I'm hunting in tomb.

sorchunt.jpg

That was all from now. Follow this and you'll enjoy the game for sure.

Regards, HolmaN.

Last edited:
Well i think it takes to much time to organize it as you showed us.
i got 165 elite knight and im just putting everything in a one bp, then i got important items like rope, shovel, softs in a bag so its easier ^^

Why you got a SD i the mage mainbackpack? Just to make it look like mage style? :p You can keybind the SD rune so its waste of space isn't it?

Why you got a SD i the mage mainbackpack? Just to make it look like mage style? :p You can keybind the SD rune so its waste of space isn't it?

As I said, keep what you really need in your main backpack. And an sd rune is always needed if you get trapped. Sometimes it's faster then pressing an hotkey.

Edit: I'm not playing my mage as you can see on the eq, so I took what I had :)

Regards, HolmaN.

Well i think it takes to much time to organize it as you showed us.
i got 165 elite knight and im just putting everything in a one bp, then i got important items like rope, shovel, softs in a bag so its easier ^^

Harder to refill, lol? nd it's for sure much easyer to take care of your potions while useing my system. :)

Regards, HolmaN.

this is really useful for realots for example...

when i hunt dgs there i have the backpack of mfs in the arrow slot so can easily throw out the empty vial bps and one back with sd/uh runes for emergancy... and a couple of empty bps for lootbag..

Back