• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

unashammed scammer three times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you trust a moderator just for the simple fact that he is a moderator, you deserve to get scammed.

How can you say somebody deserves to get scammed? NObody deserves to get scammed. Thinking moderators, the people who are here to "protect" the forum and its users, are trustable is not a very big crime.

As an admin of OTLand you have principles and have to give the right example to the users of OTLand. If you scam and are corrupt, you can't complain and not even get surprised if the community aswell acts the same.

Shame on Elf.

Seems legit, he behaves like he doesn't care anymore and nobody cares xD
Why did you not just press the "return payment" button in order to "abandon" that job.

Lol isnt that obvious? He is from Poland, ppl there are sometimes such N.I.C.E and "SMART" and SO fuc**ing CLEVER.
Honestly guys, I suggest you all to check if person you are buying anything through paypal isnt from Poland. I guess we are all here s00 greedy in here that I have no comment to that. Sad reallity and this thread is proove to that: )

Lol isnt that obvious? He is from Poland, ppl there are sometimes such N.I.C.E and "SMART" and SO fuc**ing CLEVER.
Honestly guys, I suggest you all to check if person you are buying anything through paypal isnt from Poland. I guess we are all here s00 greedy in here that I have no comment to that. Sad reallity and this thread is proove to that: )
Yes, people from Poland are very greedy.

Keep in mind everybody: Elf is a role-model, so everyone knows what to do!

How can you say somebody deserves to get scammed? NObody deserves to get scammed. Thinking moderators, the people who are here to "protect" the forum and its users, are trustable is not a very big crime.

Moderators are not here to protect anyone, they are not your mommy or daddy. If they're here to "protect" anything, it would be the forum itself, in fact, they could even be children or teenagers who are just as irresponsible as anyone else on this forum. I don't agree with Prest when he says, "you deserve to be scammed," but I don't agree with those who are so naive to believe that a Moderator is trustworthy just because he/she has a ranked position as opposed to a regular member. In this world, you shouldn't trust anyone. Even your closest Tibia buddy for three years that you've never met may one day scam you by stealing all of your rares in your guild hall. Shit happens. You are either very smart or very stupid. Always take precautions when doing business of any kind. I've made this mistake myself, many times, trusting people because I assume they're good people and trustworthy, but in reality, they're thieves wearing a mask (mask being a metaphor for acting out who they aren't).

Elf may or may not have scammed someone, I cannot personally attest to that. But if it were anyone else with these accusations, would any of you be arguing over this? No, at least not to this extent. You would simply ignore this person and never do business with him again. Elf doesn't want, nor deserves any special attention. I have befriended Elf on Skype and we've done business in the past (small, but still business) with TFS and customizations. He always lived up to his word, at least with me. I cannot confirm he is or is not a scammer because maybe it did happen.

I think we should just walk away from this and let it go. If Talaturen has proof of Elf scamming people, it would be reckless of him to keep him on the staff. I can assure you that it will be handled, when and if the time comes to do so.

Moderators are not here to protect anyone, they are not your mommy or daddy. If they're here to "protect" anything, it would be the forum itself, in fact, they could even be children or teenagers who are just as irresponsible as anyone else on this forum. I don't agree with Prest when he says, "you deserve to be scammed," but I don't agree with those who are so naive to believe that a Moderator is trustworthy just because he/she has a ranked position as opposed to a regular member. In this world, you shouldn't trust anyone. Even your closest Tibia buddy for three years that you've never met may one day scam you by stealing all of your rares in your guild hall. Shit happens. You are either very smart or very stupid. Always take precautions when doing business of any kind. I've made this mistake myself, many times, trusting people because I assume they're good people and trustworthy, but in reality, they're thieves wearing a mask (mask being a metaphor for acting out who they aren't).

Elf may or may not have scammed someone, I cannot personally attest to that. But if it were anyone else with these accusations, would any of you be arguing over this? No, at least not to this extent. You would simply ignore this person and never do business with him again. Elf doesn't want, nor deserves any special attention. I have befriended Elf on Skype and we've done business in the past (small, but still business) with TFS and customizations. He always lived up to his word, at least with me. I cannot confirm he is or is not a scammer because maybe it did happen.

I think we should just walk away from this and let it go. If Talaturen has proof of Elf scamming people, it would be reckless of him to keep him on the staff. I can assure you that it will be handled, when and if the time comes to do so.
Are you dumb? Elfs said it himself lol

Why not make a murderer a judge then? please

Fyi, this is actually none of our business at all.

Why not make a murderer a judge then? please

Judges' are a form of murderer. They sentence people to death all of the time. Society justifies it, but does that make it right? If you read my post thoroughly, I never said Elf was scammer, and I never said he wasn't. I only provided you with my personal experiences with him. Anyway, this is going off-topic now. I'm just hoping you are all mature enough to let it go - whining about it won't make it go away.

It's bad for Otland to have scammers at power.

Judges' are a form of murderer. They sentence people to death all of the time. Society justifies it, but does that make it right? If you read my post thoroughly, I never said Elf was scammer, and I never said he wasn't. I only provided you with my personal experiences with him. Anyway, this is going off-topic now. I'm just hoping you are all mature enough to let it go - whining about it won't make it go away.

If u took a look at your post and read the first shit, You will see i mean that u say that mark pick mods as murderers and let them go kill without a punishment

It's bad for Otland to have scammers at power.

So true... something we should look up to is scamming now?
i allways thought that getting mod is something to be proud over ... like something you shouldnt mess around with...

Protecting might've been poor choice of words, they are here to protect the forum and HELP its members, not sure whether or not scamming helps you to not trust anyone or it's not helping at all..... .. .. .

You should not trust mods, no. But if somebody thinks you can it's not all that illogical. I've had friends in tibia i've known after a month that they would never thief anything, although i've also met people i after almost a year of playing still don't really trust.

Well elf said that he didn't finish the work nor did he return the money.

@Xon, if i were a mod i'd take it as a slap in the face if another mod misused his position. It's a tough job and i respect them, well not elf, he's a jerk.

Just because a person becomes a policeman, does that guarantee he will never break the law? No.

Just because a person becomes a policeman, does that guarantee he will never break the law? No.

Agreed. Statistically, a person in a position of power is more likely to commit unethical or criminal acts against others to acquire more power. We see it all the time in government and business - self interest.

It is official and approved by Elf, that he didnt do the job, neither returned the money.
That is scam!

Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it.
(By Franklin,Benjamin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back