• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] DarkOT 7.4 Highrate RL-Map Starting on Friday, October 21, 18:00 CEST

I was going to play here until I saw the shop options haha that's really dumb. Nobody will play this garbage. You can literally donate for levels/items/gold. What a joke

Those items have been in the shop for 2 years without problems now.
The exp scroll is expensive and very useless as it gives only a % of your total exp.. a lvl 150 will need to use 2-3 scrolls just to get 1 level..

And people have a way of seeing the shop as a problem, until they really try the server out, those who know PVP wont be affected by the shop even if they're up against donators while they themselves doesn't do that.
Those who donate to get "superior" are the first ones to die when war breaks out.

I have confirmed several teams gonna join this time so war will always be going on, and no donation items will stop the fairness of the wars.
Beside, you do know everyone get some donation points as they advance in level?

Of course you decide if you want to try it out or not, but you'll see that donators wont superior you if you have a team to play with, even if you play alone if you have the skill to face enemies in groups.

+1 u need close this shop, have no sense to players play without donations.. probably u make some money but ur server gona die very fastly. more than classicus

DarkOT always last longer than Classicus, AVG runtime for DarkOT is 2 months, before it's "cooling off"..
Last edition was bit fail thou in combination with some network bugs and heavy DDos on top of that, which made the game die after a few weeks.

Those items have been in the shop for 2 years without problems now.
Only in your opinion. The shop diminishes gameplay to those wanting a fair game. You make great servers (files and concept wise) but these donation shops always prevent me from playing, the fact that someone can get super weapons that have 52 attack, cap scroll, experience, hours of skills, 1kk its just not fun when everything is available like that. First of all it kills the competetive aspect forcing you to pay 25 euro to have all the stuff, and it also kills the RPG aspect of obtaining everything yourself and having this sense of "developing a character" instead you can get nearly everything at the start. I would play your servers but this is a deal breaker, good luck.

Also you're wrong that donation items dont change the outcome of PvP, because assuming two players of equal "skill", one playing having everything from the shop, and the other having nothing then after 3 days of playing the donation guy wiill have way bigger level and magic level, sure the 0 donation guy can catch up if he plays 40% more but thats not fair-play.

Only in your opinion. The shop diminishes gameplay to those wanting a fair game. You make great servers (files and concept wise) but these donation shops always prevent me from playing, the fact that someone can get super weapons that have 52 attack, cap scroll, experience, hours of skills, 1kk its just not fun when everything is available like that. First of all it kills the competetive aspect forcing you to pay 25 euro to have all the stuff, and it also kills the RPG aspect of obtaining everything yourself and having this sense of "developing a character" instead you can get nearly everything at the start. I would play your servers but this is a deal breaker, good luck.

Also you're wrong that donation items dont change the outcome of PvP, because assuming two players of equal "skill", one playing having everything from the shop, and the other having nothing then after 3 days of playing the donation guy wiill have way bigger level and magic level, sure the 0 donation guy can catch up if he plays 40% more but thats not fair-play.
Have you ever in fact been in war on DarkOT?
every version, I see non-donators as superior in wars.
And as I said, DarkOT always has hundreds of players even thou these donation items have been there, they've been there the last 2 years.
A lot of players enjoy DarkOT, and many loves the fights that happens, You should never look at how powerful your enemies are, you should look how you can bring them down.
It's no that hard, also many enjoys trying to take down superior teams.
Btw, the video I'm about to post is from last era, enjoy looking at about 140 players that joined the event in an OT with "fucked shop" as you have in mind.

Topic:
For those who's new to DarkOT, there are 2 events running every evening.
Last Man Standing and Team Battle.

These are events made for players to have some extra fun and to practise their PVP tactics without any losses.

Here's a video of a Team Battle a few months ago, the audio have been deleted by youtube but the video itself still show how fun the Team Battle can be!

You can read information about the events here:
Team Battle
Last Man Standing

I hope you all look forward to once more, face your enemies in DarkOT!

I'm 100% baffled you can somehow imagine people who buy gold and can make infinite runes won't have an advantage over people who do not. Lol Starting to sound like trump

Have you ever in fact been in war on DarkOT?
every version, I see non-donators as superior in wars.

A lot of players enjoy DarkOT, and many loves the fights that happens, You should never look at how powerful your enemies are, you should look how you can bring them down.
Did you really just say players are supposed to enjoy unfair competition? How would you feel if you had to play Dota but your opponent team has 20% more health by default?

Did you really just say players are supposed to enjoy unfair competition? How would you feel if you had to play Dota but your opponent team has 20% more health by default?
I don't play Dota, and I certainly have no problems playing against players that has 20% more health, def or whatever.
If I'm gonna play a game, I'm going to PLAY it, not whine about whatever enemies has that I haven't.
Beside you have chance to get those stuffs without donating a dime, you'd know that, if you wasn't so busy whining about how unfair stuffs are while you in fact have as good chance being superior as anyone else.

I don't play Dota, and I certainly have no problems playing against players that has 20% more health, def or whatever.
If I'm gonna play a game, I'm going to PLAY it, not whine about whatever enemies has that I haven't.
Beside you have chance to get those stuffs without donating a dime, you'd know that, if you wasn't so busy whining about how unfair stuffs are while you in fact have as good chance being superior as anyone else.
Yes MAYBE i have a chance (Do i actually? i havent seen any quests for donation weapons or soft boots or experience scrolls.)

But they have it from day 1 while i have to work for it, i dont know why u cant realize how huge of an advantage that is, and you clearly dont understand how to design a balanced game, so as i already said i can get to the same place as donators IF i play much more than them to catch up to their unfair advantage and thats my point.

Without paying you are so damn behind, if you atleast scaled it down without allowing to buy 1kk, or the scrolls, and instead of donator weapons made them Annihilator weapons then it wouldnt be so bad, but the way it is you end up so behind it feels like you're being fucked in the ass unless you donate cuz you'll be 70lvl 45 magic while mr donator will be level 100 70 magic level drinking mana fluids with his 5kk and then how are you supposed to 1v1 him if he hits you 30% more and has 30 more health?

Very fun game where you dont stand a chance unless you pay.
And dont tell me this bullshit "non donators more skilled!" because it doesnt make any sense at all. Skilled players can buy donation items too, then you have no chance.

DarkOT olympics, 100m Sprint, you start at 25m if you donate 25 euro, Good luck usain bolt

Yes MAYBE i have a chance (Do i actually? i havent seen any quests for donation weapons or soft boots or experience scrolls.)

But they have it from day 1 while i have to work for it, i dont know why u cant realize how huge of an advantage that is, and you clearly dont understand how to design a balanced game, so as i already said i can get to the same place as donators IF i play much more than them to catch up to their unfair advantage and thats my point.

Without paying you are so damn behind, if you atleast scaled it down without allowing to buy 1kk, or the scrolls, and instead of donator weapons made them Annihilator weapons then it wouldnt be so bad, but the way it is you end up so behind it feels like you're being fucked in the ass unless you donate cuz you'll be 70lvl 45 magic while mr donator will be level 100 70 magic level drinking mana fluids with his 5kk and then how are you supposed to 1v1 him if he hits you 30% more and has 30 more health?

Very fun game where you dont stand a chance unless you pay.
And dont tell me this bullshit "non donators more skilled!" because it doesnt make any sense at all. Skilled players can buy donation items too, then you have no chance.

DarkOT olympics, 100m DASH, you start at 25m if you donate 25 euro, Good luck usain bolt
If you can't handle such shop, try Thorsan, my 8.0 RPG, there you can't get anything but premium from the shop :)
Here, let me help you with a link: http://thorsan.net/

DarkOT was designed as a Highrate, and a highrate it shall remain, and yes it's so unfair that someone can donate to get a weapon as strong as SCA only 5 min into the game while the first annihilator quest wont be made for 4-5 hours, such pity.

and yes it's so unfair that someone can donate to get a weapon as strong as SCA only 5 min into the game while the first annihilator quest wont be made for 4-5 hours, such pity.
52 Attack donation sword vs 48 attack anni weapon, and if you dont donate you arent making anni after 4 hours. Sure if you buy a skill scroll, exp voucher, soft boots and donation weapon then you can get 100 in 4 hours :)). for non donator its day 2

If you can't handle such shop, try Thorsan, my 8.0 RPG, there you can't get anything but premium from the shop :)
Here, let me help you with a link: http://thorsan.net/

DarkOT was designed as a Highrate, and a highrate it shall remain, and yes it's so unfair that someone can donate to get a weapon as strong as SCA only 5 min into the game while the first annihilator quest wont be made for 4-5 hours, such pity.
there are plenty of highrates without pay2win just because its a highrate has nothing to do with your extremely broken shop

there are plenty of highrates without pay2win just because its a highrate has nothing to do with your extremely broken shop
This. you could make a highrate thats balanced and without unfair advantages, but everything is only about $$$ right?

Doesn't really matter how or what, if there's donations/payments to a server it's automatically pay2win unless you get nothing.
Premium is pay to win, either you get access to better hunting grounds which make you have a lot easier to exp.. or you get some % extra exp instead..

Take Medival for example, try play without premium, how far will you get?..
if you're not premium and your enemies are.. it's pay2win on a high scale because you can't even follow them everywhere, and you can't use decent attack spells as sorcerer without it.

This. you could make a highrate thats balanced and without unfair advantages, but everything is only about $$$ right?
If everything was for money Thorsan wouldn't exist, but of course DarkOT has the need to gain the money to stay online, don't forget that DarkOT stays online 24/7 all year no matter if there's players or not, and there's always at least 2 proxies online that can't be DDosed down.

DarkOT is a very pricey server to keep online, it's not hosted cheap as other servers, that only uses 1 dedicated server to everything and perhaps have some proxies that's a rental that can't handle DDos.
DarkOT is quality hosting, always online, never game-sided laggs.
In total, DarkOT cost about 500 Euro/Month to stay online, and you can bet that most of the times, I let it stay dead for 4~ months before I make a reset, so I pay up 2,000 Euro without anyone donating at all, just so it will keep it's 100% online.

I could have made a lot more money, if I shut it down every time it dies, wait a few months and launch it again like "we're back!".. but I'm not like that, I want to offer 100% online time and quality hosting.

Doesn't really matter how or what, if there's donations/payments to a server it's automatically pay2win unless you get nothing.
Premium is pay to win, either you get access to better hunting grounds which make you have a lot easier to exp.. or you get some % extra exp instead..

Take Medival for example, try play without premium, how far will you get?..
if you're not premium and your enemies are.. it's pay2win on a high scale because you can't even follow them everywhere, and you can't use decent attack spells as sorcerer without it.
Yes premium is also an advantage but its very limited and you cant stack it and its usually 4 euro and you're on even grounds with everyone else, on your server you can always buy much more AND things that are not obtainable in-game.

I was considering checking it out but not anymore. :( this scan is taken right from your website.
6HRu7Sv.png

I was considering checking it out but not anymore. :( this scan is taken right from your website.
6HRu7Sv.png
It's because it's not a normal Tibia Client, it's an Antibot client modified with dll injections and shit.

Things that will be notified as viruses in online scanning sites:
1: The dll injection, a lot of stuffs that uses dll injection is flagged as viruses, try scan a bot you trust and you'll see it will give 50% viruses or more.
2: Auto updater, the client has a system in itself that connect it to DarkOT to check for updates, that system is also flagged as virus because.. well yeah.. it connects to a website..

If you don't trust me, find someone who know these stuffs and that you trust and ask them for guidance.
With some luck I think even some moderator could say that DarkOT Client is clean and safe to use :)

It's because it's not a normal Tibia Client, it's an Antibot client modified with dll injections and shit.

Things that will be notified as viruses in online scanning sites:
1: The dll injection, a lot of stuffs that uses dll injection is flagged as viruses, try scan a bot you trust and you'll see it will give 50% viruses or more.
2: Auto updater, the client has a system in itself that connect it to DarkOT to check for updates, that system is also flagged as virus because.. well yeah.. it connects to a website..

If you don't trust me, find someone who know these stuffs and that you trust and ask them for guidance.
With some luck I think even some moderator could say that DarkOT Client is clean and safe to use :)

This is how the fresh client looks like, you download a small starter client that will update itself, because it's so small you can download the start-client in only a few seconds.
And when you run it, it will update itself to a full and latest version of it.

It looks like this when you run it the first time:
i8Du3ov.png

And when it's done, it will look like this:
A47xP7q.png

Biggest things I'd like to see is the removal of %physical protection items, as well as removal of aol/blessings. On a server as easy as this, with such an insane shop it gets boring when killing people doesn't actually punish them exp/itemwise. Would make it more interesting for sure, especially without aol/bless.

You're right I don't trust you its the internet after all & I don't know you (unless you want to release the sources) then maybe I will feel like I can.

Back