• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA]Xerdonia War! 100% Custom Map War server *Old school PvP system*

Will you attend our first cash event!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here is a quick look at one our classes
AxjCXvZ.jpg
makes them unique
what exactly is unique about a boring looking temple, some backpacks of runes/potions and some unlimited dragon ham? you should be posting pictures of things that are actually going to draw players to join. things that they haven't seen before. things that set you apart from every other server. if there aren't any, then that's why you struggle to find players. where do people fight? is there just a big open town square and everyone runs around in circles UEing? is there intricate city construction allowing for teams to hold each other off and fight for control of strategic points? no one cares what the temple looks like. the point of fighting is to survive and never see the temple. post some pictures and information showing actual exciting content. show people playing. show people at war. also, what are the rates? I mean, you have spawns for hunting so people can get stronger before pvp. since you use non-saving clone characters, you'd be wasting your time hunting on a character if you can't actually make any progress. get kicked or die, you lose any progress, I mean honestly that's probably just a waste of space on the map. if rates are high enough to really benefit a player in a short time, then you're just throwing off the balance and the point of making everyone the same level. so far you've only showed that you don't really know what you're doing which is why I personally have not bothered to join, nor would I recommend it to my friends.

what exactly is unique about a boring looking temple, some backpacks of runes/potions and some unlimited dragon ham? you should be posting pictures of things that are actually going to draw players to join. things that they haven't seen before. things that set you apart from every other server. if there aren't any, then that's why you struggle to find players. where do people fight? is there just a big open town square and everyone runs around in circles UEing? is there intricate city construction allowing for teams to hold each other off and fight for control of strategic points? no one cares what the temple looks like. the point of fighting is to survive and never see the temple. post some pictures and information showing actual exciting content. show people playing. show people at war. also, what are the rates? I mean, you have spawns for hunting so people can get stronger before pvp. since you use non-saving clone characters, you'd be wasting your time hunting on a character if you can't actually make any progress. get kicked or die, you lose any progress, I mean honestly that's probably just a waste of space on the map. if rates are high enough to really benefit a player in a short time, then you're just throwing off the balance and the point of making everyone the same level. so far you've only showed that you don't really know what you're doing which is why I personally have not bothered to join, nor would I recommend it to my friends.
Also mate if you look at my mini map you can clearly see its not a square. I strongly disagree about the hunting spots. It's an additional source of leveling for someone to sneak away and get stronger if a particular group or person is over powered (high level) . It increases the odds of leveling the playing field. It sounds like you don't know what a war server is. It's different from a PvP enforced server which is why players don't save. The point isn't to progress but to be best in the moment. Picture a death match game of call of duty, after the match, you reset back to 0 kills. Perhaps the features that you thinks are stupid, are the unique features we have to offer. Just because you have no idea what a war server is doesn't mean that we don't have anything unique inside of it. Going based off of other posts we have read, people complain when things are changed too drastically so changing a ton of spells, damages, and all around mechanics of the game was already proven a bad idea.

Here are more pictures for yah.
Custom Area for 1v1,2v2 ( I am on the second floor )
7CFwAUq.jpg

Custom Annihilator Quest
PoCMJpP.png

Custom Spawn
JQLmjNX.png

Last edited:
Also mate if you look at my mini map you can clearly see its not a square. I strongly disagree about the hunting spots. It's an additional source of leveling for someone to sneak away and get stronger if a particular group or person is over powered (high level) . It increases the odds of leveling the playing field. It sounds like you don't know what a war server is. It's different from a PvP enforced server which is why players don't save. The point isn't to progress but to be best in the moment. Picture a death match game of call of duty, after the match, you reset back to 0 kills. Perhaps the features that you thinks are stupid, are the unique features we have to offer. Just because you have no idea what a war server is doesn't mean that we don't have anything unique inside of it. Going based off of other posts we have read, people complain when things are changed too drastically so changing a ton of spells, damages, and all around mechanics of the game was already proven a bad idea.

Here are more pictures for yah.
Custom Area for 1v1,2v2 ( I am on the second floor )
7CFwAUq.jpg

Custom Annihilator Quest
PoCMJpP.png

Custom Spawn
JQLmjNX.png
I'm well aware of how war servers work. That's why I said it's pointless to try and make any progress by hunting, and if hunting for a couple hours before a war is truly enough to see any difference, then as I said, you're defeating the purpose of everyone being the same. If a couple hours isn't enough, then back to the "pointless" section of my comment. Definitely nothing special about the map itself, it's all auto-bordered to shit and whatnot. You're right that I didn't notice the minimap until now. Appears to be a pretty small city with a lot of open space, not really any tactical spots to be held, unless camping in a shop counts as tactical. Dunno, just not seeing any real allure. Nobody said you have or will have 0 players, but I'm telling you why I can't see you getting very many. There's just nothing exciting about anything you've shown me. I'm by no means an expert in creating maps, yet I could easily have created everything I see with very little effort. As far as actual mechanics, I only see a few modifications to config.lua. There isn't really much custom at all besides the literal meaning of the word since you customized a few options in a configuration file. Clearly I'm offering more input than anyone else on here cares to do.

I'm well aware of how war servers work. That's why I said it's pointless to try and make any progress by hunting, and if hunting for a couple hours before a war is truly enough to see any difference, then as I said, you're defeating the purpose of everyone being the same. If a couple hours isn't enough, then back to the "pointless" section of my comment. Definitely nothing special about the map itself, it's all auto-bordered to shit and whatnot. You're right that I didn't notice the minimap until now. Appears to be a pretty small city with a lot of open space, not really any tactical spots to be held, unless camping in a shop counts as tactical. Dunno, just not seeing any real allure. Nobody said you have or will have 0 players, but I'm telling you why I can't see you getting very many. There's just nothing exciting about anything you've shown me. I'm by no means an expert in creating maps, yet I could easily have created everything I see with very little effort. As far as actual mechanics, I only see a few modifications to config.lua. There isn't really much custom at all besides the literal meaning of the word since you customized a few options in a configuration file. Clearly I'm offering more input than anyone else on here cares to do.

Been following this thread a bit, amazed by the toxicity of the community, but its been trash for years now so guess not too amazed lol

So I popped on the server for a bit and found several flaws in what you're saying including..
1. Requirement of a couple of hours to become useful:
- He compared it to a Call of Duty. I'm not sure if you've ever played, but the death match games are significantly shorter and you can pop on for a short period of time yet still do a lot. I'm pretty sure thats what he's going for opposed to the building a character for several days like you seem like you want.

2. Small city:
- I agree with you on this actually. It definitely looks like a smaller city even in game. However, if you actually try to log on you'll notice that there is a massive extension south of the city, its actually where it branches into a few hunting spots. You'll also notice while actually walking around the map that there are more than enough obstacles to run around. In fact, I'm concerned it may become slightly more difficult for knights to have a fair advantage against distance players lol

3. Modifications to Lua:
- If you haven't logged into the server, how can you see the modifications other than the config? Lol from me actually being logged in I can see that spells, monsters, characters, movements, and actions have all been modified and thats just from basic observation.

@Adraxium Honestly I've been a member of these forums for a long time, back in the day people would actually help one another out, provide valid feedback instead of just making assumptions based on an advertising post.
I think the servers decent, it reminds me a lot of an old war server I played back in 8.1~ days. I think you need to have a group of people on all at once, even if its planned, if people see more than 4 people online they'll be more inclined to join the fight. I think once they actually see a fight going on thats when you can start to develop a steady flow, get regulars etc.
If you decide to try that idea of a planned war, let me know I'll totally join in. Good luck with your server bud

building a character for several days like you seem like you want.
I don't see how you came to that conclusion because numerous times I've stated that the extra hunting on a server with characters that don't save is pointless, and argued why on both sides of the argument. If you can pop on and hunt for an hour or two before a war and it makes a difference, then you're throwing off the balance and the point of starting everyone the same. If you were to NEED to hunt for an exceptionally long time to make a difference, then again it DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF HAVING HUNTING BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS DON'T SAVE. Either way, the hunting is pointless. I didn't say once that you need a few hours to become useful. I said that if you DO need that long, then the hunting is useless.

3. Modifications to Lua:
If you'd read ALL the posts in their entirety, you'd understand (maybe) that the concern was what he is SHOWING ON THE POST. Not what's actually in the game. All that he's SHOWING is that he's changed config, and it was recommended that he show evidence otherwise. I never once said any of what I was speculating on was accurate to what was IN THE GAME, I expressed concerns about WHAT HE IS SHOWING, in regards to WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT JOINING. This is the initial concern he voiced. People not joining. Nothing to do with why people might not like the server or why they join and don't stay, but simply why they don't get past the forum post. Please don't go assuming you know what a discussion is about just by reading one post.

@ number 2. Same thing. He doesn't show that huge extension. He just shows the city. And only by minimap.

Honestly I've been a member of these forums for a long time, back in the day people would actually help one another out, provide valid feedback instead of just making assumptions based on an advertising post.
Yes, because you would know anything about providing valid feedback, with your monstrous 20 posts. Join date means nothing if you've done nothing but leech or watch from the shadows.

I think you need to have a group of people on all at once, even if its planned, if people see more than 4 people online they'll be more inclined to join the fight.
This is where the discussion started. He offered cash incentive, and a few people joined, and it did not draw in the attention he wanted. You can follow the rest of the posts for yourself to see where it went from there. You can be over-sensitive and take my posts as personal attacks if you want, but whether sugar-coated or brutally honest, my posts hold plenty of valid concerns. I gave the reasons why I would not join, and I even labelled them as such. If one person feels a certain way, there's a good chance others do. Advertisement posts like this are the main way of drawing in players, especially when the server doesn't even have a website. No way to post news, no way to share information or get people engaged on your own forums, no way to display server info besides a poorly-written otland thread. No way to even see how many people are online. Or if the server is even up right now. Says 100% uptime but that's just text. Lots of servers say that and then do not have 100% uptime. This is where people will get info about the server. If the post doesn't have pictures, if it doesn't share WHY and HOW it is custom, then why does anyone want to play? Most people looking to play a war server, like you said, are just popping in and quickly playing, having a couple little battles or a war. The type of people to want this are also the type of people who don't want to read through a big page of text with no visual stimuli to draw them in. They click on the thread and see a wall of text with no pictures and they're like "ehhh, next". This, of course, does not apply to everyone, but why cause any number of people to shy away simply because your advertisement isn't engaging?

Even now, he hasn't added any of the pictures to the main post. Just as someone won't read through a wall of text for a quick war, they also won't check other pages for the information they were hoping for.

So in summary, for the betterment of this thread:
1. Add pictures and info as to why the custom server is so custom. Post pictures of a war happening. Engage your audience of war-lovers.
2. Put up a website. Even if it's a default tibia website from gesior or something, just a place where you can have some info and online counts and whatever else. Even if it's just a one-page site with info, it's better than your current site which is the xampp dashboard if you hadn't noticed.
3. Make a tl;dr at the top of the thread. Basic, necessary info. Then post an expanded version below. This will allow people to quickly get an idea of what the server is about. People have a short attention span and are looking for specific information. Feed it to them. Throw it in their faces. Make them see it right away.
4. See 1-3. Just make your advertisement more impressive and engaging.

So in summary, for the betterment of this thread:
1. Add pictures and info as to why the custom server is so custom. Post pictures of a war happening. Engage your audience of war-lovers.
2. Put up a website. Even if it's a default tibia website from gesior or something, just a place where you can have some info and online counts and whatever else. Even if it's just a one-page site with info, it's better than your current site which is the xampp dashboard if you hadn't noticed.
3. Make a tl;dr at the top of the thread. Basic, necessary info. Then post an expanded version below. This will allow people to quickly get an idea of what the server is about. People have a short attention span and are looking for specific information. Feed it to them. Throw it in their faces. Make them see it right away.
4. See 1-3. Just make your advertisement more impressive and engaging.

See! Now this right here is actually a productive response. Instead of listing assumptions instead you are providing actual feedback in a structured, useful way.

As far as my 20 posts, I'm not trying to be impressive, seem like I know a lot etc. I'm literally sticking up for someone who seems to be newer and seeming like he's being attacked instead of helped. Honestly your last post has proven my posting on this thread to be successful as you have officially explained the flaws of this post without sounding like a total douche, or as you say without sugar-coating it.

If people could stop being assholes and simply say helpful shit like that this place could be so much more

See! Now this right here is actually a productive response. Instead of listing assumptions instead you are providing actual feedback in a structured, useful way.

As far as my 20 posts, I'm not trying to be impressive, seem like I know a lot etc. I'm literally sticking up for someone who seems to be newer and seeming like he's being attacked instead of helped. Honestly your last post has proven my posting on this thread to be successful as you have officially explained the flaws of this post without sounding like a total douche, or as you say without sugar-coating it.

If people could stop being assholes and simply say helpful shit like that this place could be so much more
All I did was compile my previous posts into a shortened list. As I said, I made my assumptions of the server based on what I saw. I stated that that's what I was doing. I wasn't making those assumptions as if I knew what the server was, I was telling him that I was making those assumptions based on what he displayed, as the potential reasoning for why people were not joining. Once again, I repeat: I was not saying how the server is. I was saying how the server appears based on his advertisement in order to give insight as to why I think people may not be interested in joining.

All I did was compile my previous posts into a shortened list. As I said, I made my assumptions of the server based on what I saw. I stated that that's what I was doing. I wasn't making those assumptions as if I knew what the server was, I was telling him that I was making those assumptions based on what he displayed, as the potential reasoning for why people were not joining. Once again, I repeat: I was not saying how the server is. I was saying how the server appears based on his advertisement in order to give insight as to why I think people may not be interested in joining.
Yes and by compiling your thoughts, you cut out the douchiness and only leave useful information. I'm saying that's more efficient :)

Back