• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Veetardia, a custom opentibia server by Vee.

Would you be interested in playing such a server?

• Sure, I'd love to.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Nah, I rather play realmap servers.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Vee

Oldschool Tibia
Reaction score
Welcome to my thread about my current project ''Veetardia'', a custom opentibia server with a custom map, custom NPC's and ofcourse custom quests with alot of them being NPC-based, meaning you will have to complete missions and tasks for NPC's.

Now, I know that probably not that many of you guys like to play custom servers ( most people like the real maps more than the custom ones, kinda odd though ), but I would really appreciate it if you guys could give some ( constructive ) criticism at my current work, however, flaming is not appreciated.

Here are some screenshots of the actual map, I'm still working on adding some details, because a forum member ( cake ) told me it would look better with more details. Even though I prefer simplicity above overdetailing.

The first screenshots concerns the temple of Vedria, which is the town where all new players begin their adventure.

NPC Raymond the Monk talking to Vee, the Vedrian gamemaster.
screen1yt.png

The switch of citizenship, pull the lever to become a town citizen.
screen13j.png
Before

screen14l.png
After

The local "tools 'n gear'' shop, here you can buy all the tools that are neccesary to be succesfull in your adventure.
screen2gv.png

Berend sells alot of books, books containing the adventures of Robbie the Rotworm for example, however, Berend does not like comics at all!
screen3gv.png

Berend also runs the towns library, a set of good brains will help you in battle!
screen4a.png

The houses of Vedria is what makes the town looks so traditional.
screen5fe.png

What is a town without a person that runs it? Take a look at the castle of our beloved king.
screen6x.png

Practise magic at the VMA ( Vedrian Magic Acadamy ).
screen7n.png

Once you have permission to travel with Captain Joe, you can find him in our beloved harbour. Although, if he's there.
screen8m.png

The real heroes also need a place to stay right? So does Captain Joe, his dockhouse is one of the best looking in the whole world.
screen9u.png
Ground floor

screen10s.png
Upper floor

The captain didn't always live in such a fine dockhouse as his, look at the cabin he used to live in, I would call him insane for sure!
screen11p.png

As every city has, also Vedria has monsters crawling in her sewers, these nasty creatures are all over the place. And what for kind of weird stone is that? There's a hole leading down, wonder what's there.
screen12kr.png

A lever, what if...
screen15a.png

This can't mean any good, can it?
screen16y.png

screen17u.png
Floor -1

screen18g.png
Floor -2

Last but not least, there's the camp of the giants just south of Vedria, the citizens always wonder why they never attack the city.
screen19w.png

So far my little previeuw about my current project, I hope ya'll enjoyed reading and watching the pictures. Also, if you read it then I would like to thank you for your time.

I will keep updating this thread if I got more that I would like to share with you.

Regards 'n hugs,
Vee

Looking good, but try to use correct english when you're making text for quests.
Not the stone have been removed, but the stone has been removed

Keep up the good work!

Fixed already, there was something with the links, accidentally inserted the hotlinks :p

@Spoking

It looks good, however I still stay by my opinion that some places could use a few details =)

Sure, the little cake can have her opinion :p Although, I like the way it's now, but I might add a little detail later one. I'm also planning on ravamping some parts of the current town as I'm not completely satisfied with it.

Alright, it's time for a little bump as people probably don't have time to give comments. I revamped the temple and the sewers of Vedria.

Temple
screen1yt.png
Before

revamp1.png
After

Sewers
screen12kr.png
Before

revamp2.png
After

Please comment on these pictures and tell me which ones look better. I'm almost done with Vedria, once it's done, I will post the minimap here.

Stay tuned!

Wow this is really good.
I like it.All things are awesome!

Hope this project won't be dead :)

Thanks alot, and no, it's far from dead :p Just have to do some php coding for school this weekend, but I'll be semi mapping/scripting aswell ;) I'll post some new pictures monday.

Looks pretty darn squary

I've been checking your other comments on peoples work, and everytime, you only give negative comments, I will upload the minimap later on so you can see that it's not ''pretty darn squary''. Thanks for comments though.

It's always nice to see custom projects being born.. many of them fail in journey to become what a fairly is called 'a server' , but I hope one day we will see as much custom servers working as there is realmap servers now. Good luck with urs , I might check it out when it's out.

About the mapping, since I am a mapper myself [if you can call it] , from these pictures I can see that you're not into detailing. I don't say it's good to overdetail [that's only for showoffs], but for example , on this picture:
screen10s.png

The grassy field north of house has only got 1 rock and no tuffs , no anything.. You need to work on that a bit.
I loled at the cyclops pic. xD

Back