• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Website problems...

Clorens

Reaction score
So just when I'm trying to open my servers homepage I get to the router page instead of just getting the website which I worked on...

For instances when I'm writing localhost it works and I'm online at the website I made, but when I write my actuall ip I just get directed toward the router, which I ofcourse don't want to.

Using >Znote AAC<

Another problem which occoured me, when I create an account on my website the password gets encrypted to 363613u13bub36u31b6u13b61ub, do anyone know how I can fix this?
I did change from plain in config.lua to sha1, but still no progress.

Last problem is this, while going onto my servers webpage I can't see a defualt web browser for my webpage, which I can't fix since I don't know where to put the logo which I would like to use?
Any help here please???!!!

Rep if you manage to help me!

Ty apperently I had forgotten that part where I should open the 80 port...

Em that won't help me at all lol, since my players won't have accsses to the database and lets say that they decide that their pw should be 123456, then this password will be encrypted into 08ab1728ea2d2749f4bafb1214ae06383919f869 etc.

I need to prevent this from happening perhaps a code or something?

If the players make a password like 12345 it only shows in your database as 88847726cd7872849ss, but for the players the password remains 12345
The encrypting is just a secure code, so if your datasbase would be hacked, they wont see the password in like 3 seconds.

You should use localhost or a router IP when visiting your website locally. Other users will not see your router page if they visit your website using your external IP address. You can test this by using a web proxy like: https://www.kproxy.com

You should keep your server storing passwords in sha1 or better. There is no reason why you should ever store plain text passwords. Your players do not want you reading their passwords and most AACs should have a built in lost account recovery system. If your website gets hacked and your database is stolen, you expose all of your players passwords, emails and usernames to the world. A lot of people use the same password and email for the majority of other websites they visit too. If they use the same password for their email address and you or a hacker decides to login and start recovering passwords to everything else (bank, paypal, facebook?) it becomes a disaster.

Ty folks, rep for both of u, now I just need to figure out where I need to put my brower icon so I can get rid of this xamp icon..

Back