• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Westeros Online - DISCUSSION THREAD

R

Runes

Hello and welcome! First of all I would like to introduce myself as PR Manager of this project. Second of all, if you want more info about this project visit the thread that will enlighten you about the project and it will give you a place to apply for a job here. We are looking for people that speak english very well and can map, script or design.

The thread: CLICK HERE!!

All you need to know is that this project will be heavily based on Game of Thrones, the tv series and the books. All the main characters and events will be in the game. Also the towns, secondary characters and many more will be part of the game. We want your opinion and what do you want to see in the game.

So let's start the thread shall we?

Better have a Khaleesi outfit :l

Also you should really clean that Jobs thread up, not alot of people will get through that wall of text alive.

Better have a Khaleesi outfit :l

Also you should really clean that Jobs thread up, not alot of people will get through that wall of text alive.

Well I'll talk with the boss about the thread. And for the khaleesi, I already said all actors will be there.

this idea about all characters is something that we need to think and talk about it, because a lot of characters are dying during the series and the books, as we intent to create a game about the sequel of the series we need to see wich characters could be or not in the game, but until the game is finished we will have lot of talk
about the khaleesi outfit for sure there will be, i intent to make a huge collection of outfits from the series.

- - - Updated - - -

By the away, ist something that we need to discuss... The game is going to happen before or after the show? because if it happen before, we could hav characters known to everyone, but we can not have monsters like dragons eh? and if it happens after the real story we run the risk of not knowing if will be faithful to the true story, because she still does not have a public end, could be that the world ends and we do not know (although I do not believe it, but to quote the example more plausible: could be that winterfell be destroyed entirely and we do not know)

I think we should NOT stick tightly to series storyline - we'll have more characters alive, and also more possibilities. It's still game of thrones server, so we can have dragons, white walkers, many battles (Battles at Blackwater Bay or at Trident could for example be done by players, nobody said Rebels or Lannisters have to win that)

I had these others ideas:
# All players will have exclusive house, it will be like the depot in Tibia: a place for you to and rest to regain your stamina
# The distances between cities will be very long making travel in the game so much more than take in Tibia, will have multiple inns during the paths for the player to regain his stamina (paying for resting) and continue on the journey
# Monsters will drop no money, except for human enemies, even so will drop very little money
# To get money in the game will be the ideal working
# You can owning brothels to get money, but rather have to buy the brothel and prostitutes

- - - Updated - - -

Archer's outfit
based on bran's outfit
arqueiro.png

Last edited:
Sometime ago i was thinking about the same thing: a Game of Thrones project. I've draw some sketch's about the roleplaying, quests and major things, so i got a important feedback from a friend: "Isn't GOT too much political for a ATS project? There aren't too many battles! I think it will be so boring... "

Well, maybe it work. I'm not working on this anymore, so, i wish you good luck. I've got a "base map". It isn't too much, however it may help you:

2m83vw0.png

If you are interested, send private to me :)

Thank you very much for your opinion
I believe that the game will not be so boring because we will not work with the political things... will be just an rpg game in the world that Martin creates, but with diferent systems that we already met from Tibia
I'm not the guy who works with the maps, I will ask them if they are interest and if they are we send you a private
And if you change your mind and want to work with us don't exitate to contact us

Sometime ago i was thinking about the same thing: a Game of Thrones project. I've draw some sketch's about the roleplaying, quests and major things, so i got a important feedback from a friend: "Isn't GOT too much political for a ATS project? There aren't too many battles! I think it will be so boring... "

Well, maybe it work. I'm not working on this anymore, so, i wish you good luck. I've got a "base map". It isn't too much, however it may help you:

2m83vw0.png

If you are interested, send private to me :)

This map is way too big. Filling it with content would take years.

This map is way too big. Filling it with content would take years.

The map of Westeros has several cities, small towns, towers, forests ... it takes MUCH space if you want to do something really real.

The map of Westeros has several cities, small towns, towers, forests ... it takes MUCH space if you want to do something really real.

But let's be realistic on this: map of size bigger than mainland? No ots has such custom map (at least I don't know any). Starting with a small map would be a good idea. Maybe Winterfell and nearby area.

But let's be realistic on this: map of size bigger than mainland? No ots has such custom map (at least I don't know any). Starting with a small map would be a good idea. Maybe Winterfell and nearby area.

Totaly agree. Winterfell, "Bolton's and Karstark's" areas and the Wall looks good for a start.

I think that the map must be huge, to be realistic.
If more mappers that follows the series work with us the map can be finished early, and we dont have a deadline to this project so it can take as long as it needs to be a good project

Plus, the essos continent it isnt represented in this map, and this continent is very bigger than westeros

I think that the map must be huge, to be realistic.
If more mappers that follows the series work with us the map can be finished early, and we dont have a deadline to this project so it can take as long as it needs to be a good project

Plus, the essos continent it isnt represented in this map, and this continent is very bigger than westeros

To make such huge map and scripts you need a really big team. I suppose you have experience in creating an ots and know that such big projects are often abandoned at some point. Don't think that I'm discouraging you because I'm not. I'd play this ots for sure since I really enjoy the books and tv series. I wish you good luck and remember that starting with something small and updating it frequently is more likely to work out than starting uber big project with no resources for it.

I agree with Teckman. You should start working only with the north and then go "growing" south every update.

About the team: get some freelancers and motivated people to help, but do not depend on others: if you really want the project go ahead, try to make yourself as much as possible.

thanks for posting your opinion, we areciate, I don't have the experience, but my objective its to find other people who has and help us.
we may start with a small map and updating as you said, would be just great if we have a beta version working good
but if it works (I wish it) in the future I believe that a huge map is indispensable

Back