• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MySQL Very detailed tutorial on how to setup a MySQL Server! -[Screenshots Included!]-

Winnerandy

Experienced Web Design'er
Reaction score
Welcome to my MySQL Tutorial!
(PART ONE)

PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE ROUTER, YOU NEED TO OPEN
THE PORTS
7171,7172,3306 AND 80!

Before I start and first of all, I want to say that my English isn't so good, so I hope that you will try to understand me. I also want to say that this tutorial is fully
, and I really mean fully by me. I have taken the screenshots and posted the links.

I also want to say, if you want to copy this tutorial, please
ask me first. And if I say yes and you have posted it somewere
in other forum, please give me credits! You're not allowed just to copy and paste my tutorial somewere else!

Also, you're free to ++REP me
if I have helped you. I hope that you will like this tutorial and understand what I'am doing!
If you have questions or anything to say, please post it in this thread!

This tutorial will be in two parts. This first post will be about what we are going to need and how we are
going to setup the things that we will need before starting to setup the MySQL.

What is MySQL actually?

MySQL is a relational database management system that has more than 11 million installations. Many web
applications use MySQL as the database component of a
LAMP software stack. Its popularity for use with web applications is closely tied to
the popularity of PHP, which is often combined with MySQL.

Programs needed

Please install the followings before going to tutorial part 2!

First of all, we are going to need XAMPP. Below, you can see a list of XAMPP download links. Choose
the right download link for XAMPP with the right operating system.

XAMPP for Linux
XAMPP for Windows.
XAMPP for Mac OS X.

We are also going to need server, of course. Below, I have made a list of Forgotten Server with
different types of versions. Choose the version that you would like. In this tutorial,
I'am going to use the version 0.3.6 as a example. It
doesn't matter what I'am choosing, choose the one that you're using for your open tibia server at the moment!

TFS - 0.3.6pl1
TFS - 0.2.5
TFS - 0.3.5pl1

That's all what we was needed! Now, lets start the tutorial!

Part two is posted below!

Welcome to my MySQL Tutorial!
(PART TWO)

Before we begin the part 2, you need to have XAMPP and the SERVER downloaded in your computer.

Now lets begin the tutorial part two!

STEP 1

First of all, we are going to open the XAMPP Control Panel. To do that, you can either go to the place where you saved it, or just open it from the desktop.

STEP 2

After opening the Xampp Control Panel, you will see a list where you could start or stop MySQL/Apache.

We will start by opening MySQL and Apache by clicking on the START button.
See picture below!

126220049897.png

TO:

126220051417.png

(The Xampp Control Panel should look like this after clicking on START button, see picture above!)

STEP 3

Now that we have opened MySQL and Apache, we are going to setup a password for your phpmyadmin.

First go to Localhost - Xampp

When you have entered the page, click on the SECURITY button at the left side under status.
See picture below!

126220088709.png

A new window will popup and there you shall click on:
localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php or just click HERE to go there directly!
See picture below!

126220104631.png

Write the new password and click Password changing

STEP 4

Now that we have created a password for your phpmyadmin, we are ready to import your database from your server to make the server work.

First, open your browser and go to: localhost/phpmyadmin or click HERE!
See picture below!

126220126903.png

After you have enetered the page, you will see a box where you need to be logged in.
Leave the account as root, and for the password write the password that you have choosed in the STEP 3.
See picture below!

126220149214.png

STEP 5

It's time to add the database from your server!

To do that, simply choose a name for your database and write in the box where it says MySQL localhost.
After that, just click create!
See picture below!

126220169523.png

STEP 6

Now that you have created a database, we need to import the database tables to the database that you
have just created in STEP 5!

To do that, simply click on your database that you have created and click on the IMPORT button at the top!
See picture below!

126220184109.png

STEP 7

Now you have to find your server location to import the database from your server. Click on the BROWSE.
See picture below!

126220199181.png

STEP 8

A new window will popup after clicking the browse button.
Now, search after the file mysql.sql
in the file "schemas" which will be followed with your server after downloading it. Then just click go to import your database tables!
See picture below!

126220264700.png

STEP 9

We are almost done!

Wee need to setup your config so it can connect to your database
in phpmyadmin. To do that just go to your server folder and open up your config.

To make it more sence to you, follow this script:

Code:
	sqlType = "[COLOR="Red"]mysql[/COLOR]" <--- Some times it says [COLOR="Red"]sqlite[/COLOR], but change it to mysql
	sqlHost = "localhost"
	sqlPort = "3306"
	sqlUser = "root"
	sqlPass = "[COLOR="Red"]yourdatabasepassword[/COLOR]" <--- Write the password that you choosed in [B]STEP [COLOR="Red"]3[/COLOR][/B]
	sqlDatabase = "[COLOR="Red"]yourOTname[/COLOR]" <--- Write the name of your database that you created in [B]STEP [COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR][/B]
	sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
	sqlKeepAlive = 0
	mysqlReadTimeout = 10
	mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
	encryptionType = "plain"
See picture below!

126220309965.png

WE ARE DONE!
Pretty easy right? Now, if you have followed all the steps correctly, you will be able to start your server with
no "database errors" :D

I hope you liked this tutorial and I hope I helped you.
IF I REALLY HELPED YOU, IT WOULD BE NICE WITH A REP!

If you have any questions or something to say, just comment it below!

Also, please do not ask me why I made this tutorial when it's already other tutorials. I will answer right now,
I made this tutorial because I thought this was more detailed and there was more pictures so you could understand.

Last edited:
Very detailed which is kinda nice but actualy there are so many Tutorials right now for Xampp how to setup it on Windows.

Actualy people have to make one for Linux (it's more easier but hard to understand at the beginning).

You dont need to open mysql port (3306) because it is on the same host as the server (localhost), if you are not planning to access database remotely. :peace:

mysql problem

Great tutorial love it! but i allready knows how to do this but is was a great tutorial
rep++ from me :)

Nice man but i need help about my Modem i dont know my,...its static ip can sombody help me im tird about that
I wann Make The MY Otwebsite Onlinne To other Players
Some ppls tell to me MY ip is STRANGE ! But i dont thing so ! :D

dsd.png

p1080003g.jpg

Last edited:
ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SqLite which doesn't require any connection.

ERROR: Failed to connect to database, read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SqLite which doesn't require any connection.

Have you configurered your server config? The database name, password for the localhost ect..?

I would love to see a tutorial on how to set xampp up for linux, Ofc I have read on the internet. But it would still be great xD

i followed this and im not intending to actually host it for others to use, but i wanted to log in and actually see the thing from the same comp, im not able to, i have the client set up to go to ip 127.0.0.1 port 7171 (i know my ports arent open, however i thought maybe theres a way to just log in and check it out) thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Back