• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.4 Cipsoft Legacy Server

What server do you like to see with this project?

• PVP - HIGH RATE - Stages ending 3x Experience, 8x Skills, 4x Mana Regeneration, 3x Magic, 3x Loot

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • PVP - MEDIUM RATE - 2x Experience, 2x Skills, 2x Mana Regeneration, 1x Magic, 1x Loot

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • PVP - LOW RATE - 1x Experience, 1x Skills, 1x Mana Regeneration, 1x Magic, 1x Loot

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • NON PVP - LOW RATE 1x Experience, 1x Skills, 1x Mana Regeneration, 1x Magic, 1x Loot

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • NON PVP - MEDIUM RATE - 2x Experience, 2x Skills, 2x Mana Regeneration, 1x Magic, 1x Loot

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarantonio

Old School Player
Solutions
Reaction score
Well, after a succesful remake of Cipsoft 7.72 server with a friend (a private project only for old school RL friends) I'm working on a 7.4 server for fun and to learn more about Cipsoft servers.

I left RL Tibia after 7.72 update because I disliked the changes Cipsoft made starting 8.x versions and I always wanted to host a 7.4 server for me, family and friends who still like to play older versions.

I have a good engine and a almost bug free RL datapack with a lot of hours spent on it to fix things.

Another goal is to bring old myths of Tibia to life. I'm working on the Sword of Fury quest, taking care of all legends around it. But I want to continue with the rest of myths until I got working elaborated quests for all of them (or at least try to elaborate the quest to the known point and let my imagination fly to resolve them).

Last, I'm not sure if I want to modify or add new spawns for high levels, but I don't want to loose the old Tibia atmosphere, and I don't want to change too much the Tibia map adding new continents or isles. I added Port Hope because I like to have jungle on my server, banuta it's a good place for high levels, and I have plenty of new map to add or boost spawns. On 7.4 version there isn't too much quest there, but I have plenty of map to add more in the future without the need to map outside Cipsoft's history.
P9oQwPp.png
osRFY93.png

Also i don't want to use old obsolete client, OTClient is very good and I'll try to use it on my server.
For now I have a working version:
hojpf4o.png

Just for fun and learning about sprites stuff, I added a working dice on this version!
dice.gif

If I decide to add high level spawns maybe I'll add some custom monsters too, but something well suited to the Cipsoft ones, maybe stronger versions of the actual monsters.

I'm learning beholder language at Hellgate and matching all books, signs and text all around Tibia (thanks to people who released Cipsoft leaked files!)
nYuPpay.png

There are 70! books only on Hellgate Library...

It's a hard work (almost 16 months) to get to this point. I have learned to code, to sprite, to host servers...
I do this only for fun, and to preserve a good copy of 7.4 Tibia for the future, improved in all aspects I think it can be improved, but keeping the old feeling.
If I can complete this project I will host a public server.

I'll keep you updated if you want to know more about this.

Last edited:
This looks awesome man. True dedication!
If you ever put this open as a public server, I will for sure be one of the first one to start.

I am actually looking daily to find an oldschool server that really fits my requsts and expectations, and your projekt actually seem to do just that.

Cheers and a huge good luck!

Awesome project, gonna keep eye on this one for sure. I love the old tibia too.

I'm near this chest asking me what is inside him:
U5ALJ2r.png

Not to be a buzzkill, but I think your thread has the word "cipsoft" mentioned a bit too often in it for a server that is in fact not running the cip engine. Seems misleading.
Other than that gj on the changes, glad you're having fun, and gl.

I love these old school projects! Would you specify what did you fix/rewrite in the distro you got?

Not to be a buzzkill, but I think your thread has the word "cipsoft" mentioned a bit too often in it for a server that is in fact not running the cip engine. Seems misleading.
Other than that gj on the changes, glad you're having fun, and gl.
In fact, I'm using Cipsoft leaked files adapted to my engine. As you should know Cipsoft engine is bugged and obsolete and now we have more suitable ones with less bugs and more efficient. I want to improve things on the sources and add features not present on that version, almost imposible without Cipsoft sources.

BTW waiting hard for your release!!! Nice job!

Last edited:
I love these old school projects! Would you specify what did you fix/rewrite in the distro you got?

As I said before, I first want to adapt all Cipsoft leaked files to 7.4 version, that is almost done (map, spells, npc, features...)
Now I'm taking old legends and myths of Tibia, a hard work of search and research, and bring them into life.

A little example, I have implemented all lore around Sword of fury found on internet and some cipsoft related sources (I have friends that were GMs of the 7.x era), Maybe it's not true that SoF quest was always unsolvable, maybe it's true on 7.7 leaked files only. I have a working quest for that, where you don't miss any rumour/legend/myth around it (as legends says, to obtain the Sword of Fury it's not easy... and now I'm confident that it will be hard to solve mine)

give us a hint :(
It's not hard to find because it's related to tibia history line, but I'm afraid that you need to find yourself on my upcoming release.
If I solve all mysteries before the opening you will have not fun playing it.

In fact, I'm using Cipsoft leaked files adapted to my engine.
Right. I think it's possible, even probable that some people were or could have been under the impression that you were running all of the original, recently released cip files based on your use of language in the thread post, and that would have been misleading, so I thought I'd point this out so you could clarify. Thanks for doing so.

As you should know Cipsoft engine is bugged and obsolete and now we have more suitable ones with less bugs and more efficient.
Ok :)

Right. I think it's possible, even probable that some people were or could have been under the impression that you were running all of the original, recently released cip files based on your use of language in the thread post, and that would have been misleading, so I thought I'd point this out so you could clarify. Thanks for doing so.

Ok :)
I'll be on first line when you release your project. ;)

I'll be on first line when you release your project. ;)
Not sure whether that's a joke or an expression of hostility. Could you clarify?
I didn't come in with hostile intents, so I don't know why you're acting like you're offended or angry or something.

Not sure whether that's a joke or an expression of hostility. Could you clarify?
I didn't come in with hostile intents, so I don't know why you're acting like you're offended or angry or something.
Why you think I'm hostile?
I love old school projects, I'm playing medivia, nastarius...
Played realots in every edition and I will play yours if released.
Sorry if you misunderstood me.:(

Reactions: e.e
Why you think I'm hostile?
[...]
Sorry if you misunderstood me.:(
Ahh, I interpreted what you said as something like "just wait until you open a thread about realots, I'll come over and shit on it" xD
My bad.

I love old school projects, I'm playing medivia, nastarius...
Played realots in every edition and I will play yours if released.
Cool. Glad that you're interested.

I like the 7.4 sprites you added btw. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back