• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

A MESSAGE To ALL OPEN TIBIA LOVERS and server Owners!

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Otlanders and Open Tibia Lovers :)
Today I want to discuss with you about solutions for an annoying problem which occurs to almost any server! The DDos Attacks!
It seems like some people have nothing else to do but ruining the servers made with high effort and lot of time put in. Of Course there are servers who aint that well developed and more likely download and run. But we have also encountered real legendary Servers with high effort put in and long developed :) We had the joy to play Lordaeron, Faloria, RealOTS and of course some other great projects! We used to love those servers and we expect people to put much time and effort in their servers let us enjoy them! And in my point of view we have to help them now! As you may know qualified and DDOS Secured hosting is expensive and not affordable without donations :/ *We need to accept that in exchange for DDos Protected hosting and epic continously serious developing *stable servers *we must pay our part... Not as much like the servers owner *would have to pay, but I think about a little fee, or a one time fee about 10€! In exchange for monthly payments or one time 10€ payment I would suggest not to add items to the itemshop that effect the gameplay like weapons, equipment or crystal coins. There should not be any way you can play on the servers for FREE! You would pay 10€ to join the server, this could be done with VIP System(all players spawn infront of a door which only VIPs can enter :D ). Then you should be able to enjoy the full servers map, which means travelling by boat is for free accounts possible! However a Dedicated, Stable and DDOS PROTECTED Server needs monthly payments which will be more likely affordable now with some players joining... Still the server needs some monthly income , so the second thing is that an item which grants you 30 premium days costs 4€ :) This is a fair price and gives the server a stability boost(more money=stable hosting) . Now a little itemshop including NO Crystal Coins or equipment, but some outfit addons, mounts, or other similar items! And boom! You would have a stable server running!

I do not intend to give the server owners even more money or anything.. I just point out that for getting quality you have to give something back :) *

I see it like this:
I go to my next gamestop, buy a game for 10€(this would he forever VIP, which grants you access from the start temple to the gameworld, which begins after a VIP only door!)*
. Now I login, create a character and enter the gameworld :) After playing some time I would get premium account for 4€ in the items shop and play 30days with premium account :p *Afterwards I consider if its worth it again(If the server remains stable and activly developing I would go for another premmy time). It is like other games e.g. WoW, just that the premmy fee is much lower and everyone should be able to afford 4€/monthly.

That was my point of view, If a legandary server would use my concept , I would join for sure even if it is one time 10€ and afterwards 4€/monthly :D*
Remember you pay/donate for DDOS PROTECTED HOSTING, Stable Servers(which can remain stable because of you!), and Server Owners that can acctually care about bug fixing and making cool updates instead of dealing with some hard DDOS Attacks!

You need to value it, I already choose my decicon. For awesome and bugfree rpg servers with cool updates, or a great oldschool ot being kept developed and run it is worth for me!

Kind Regards,
//Damon

Last edited:
Yh fair enough.. I donate when i can on most if not all servers i play.. Alot of ppl that play cant donate tho.. However when i ever finish my server, i would have it as once host costs are paid for, all donation options either cease (for buying points) or the money be paid to the hoster in credit. This way it wouldn't be an issue if for one month income was down.. Since i will be credited the amount overpaid. :) e.g like you Should do with saving rent for flat/house

A great read but I dont feel that we should pay a 10euro cost BEFORE we even play. No it rather see the premium price go up abit instead. However this is jst my opinion!
But I get what ur saying. The DDOS problem is way to big atm.....

@vTune
I see your point :)
However I guess the server could intodruce itself
With some videos a feature list , screens etc. :)

@vTune
I see your point :)
However I guess the server could intodruce itself
With some videos a feature list , screens etc. :)
Maybe it would work if have an open beta for the server so ppl can try it out. And if the server is good and worth paying for ppl will notice it.

@vtune
Yeah good idea :)
Still I also buy games in gamestop i didnt heard about before
By just reading which it is about and two screenshots^^
and still we all know some serious hosters
Like znote :)

Yes ofcouse but ALOT of player dont know them and will not pay some random dude money to try out his server. Alot of ppl probably like ot because it free if you want. And a game in a store is another thing imo because they got like a real comany alot of ppl working on it and you know they wont close down there servers.... You know nothing about the owner of an OT. Its not that hard to open one so there will be few servers who can go this whole pay before play thing. Its only the REALLY big and famous one. However this will also solve the botting problem or atleast lower it.

@vTune
Regarding the fact that the server even is morr clean of botters and maybee hast
A custom client its worth it! If the server is shit people will post it in the thread :p
Also ppl can recommend a server hoster in the advertisement thread, or not :)
I also see the possibility to allow some of otlands moderators or support team members to test the server and then tell
If it is worth it, or atleast has everything he prethends to have^^

@vTune
Regarding the fact that the server even is morr clean of botters and maybee hast
A custom client its worth it! If the server is shit people will post it in the thread :p
Also ppl can recommend a server hoster in the advertisement thread, or not :)
I also see the possibility to allow some of otlands moderators or support team members to test the server and then tell
If it is worth it, or atleast has everything he prethends to have^^
Yea It's a great idea for the otland community. But atleast 50% comes from other communites or just going in on otservlist.org and tries a server. I mean you WILL loose ppl on this for sure. But there will be a good community in game I think.. :)

@vTune
You are right :)
But then people have to consider
If they want to play with bot crowded spawns,
but ruling a highscorr and bots everywhere.
Or they want to play on a server full if op donation items...

In the end, its the community that lasts... And honestly , I love it playing with people, challenging about first rank without botting I also prefer spawns which aint crowded by botters , so hope you get it :D
And against the lil amount f botters playing on a "pay" server i explained above,
Can be either killed ingame (easy going) or with a script that asks them all 30mins a math question...

@vTune
You are right :)
But then people have to consider
If they want to play with bot crowded spawns,
but ruling a highscorr and bots everywhere.
Or they want to play on a server full if op donation items...

In the end, its the community that lasts... And honestly , I love it playing with people, challenging about first rank without botting I also prefer spawns which aint crowded by botters , so hope you get it :D
And against the lil amount f botters playing on a "pay" server i explained above,
Can be either killed ingame (easy going) or with a script that asks them all 30mins a math question...

Yea I get what your saying.. The community in that server would be aswesome! But the server needs to REALLY good for ppl to start paying before playing :)

Or have it like there are public test characters (generic so multiple ppl log in with them) and have access to content v limited and they can buy access for an account.. Or even, all characters have prem for 3-5 days before having to upgrade acc for €10 or w,e ^^ it's a simple thing to do really

Or have it like there are public test characters (generic so multiple ppl log in with them) and have access to content v limited and they can buy access for an account.. Or even, all characters have prem for 3-5 days before having to upgrade acc for €10 or w,e ^^ it's a simple thing to do really

The test characters for public are a cool idea ;)
Maybee they could be able to stream so all testers could be viewed by other interested players^^
the 3-5 days premmy should be granted only to a VIP, who alrdy bought the game, since without VIP u shouldnt be able to even enter the world, exept with test char :D

I meant 3-5 days of the vip to test. But the initial idea seems better tbh :)

@ghostx
yeah ;) because if their VIP expires it doesnt matter, because they just need it to enter the gameworld at first time^^

I would not pay to play any server. It's as simple as that for me.
One of the reasons I came to OT is because it was totally free. I've never played servers with donations for more then a few hours.

Servers with in-game account managers tend to be a lot of fun.

@TGoshi
So which servers did u play then without donations?
And how do u expect a server else could offer
DDOS PROTECTION, for avoiding rollbacks, lags, etc..
Anyway nice to know ur point of view^^

I never played servers which had 1000 players, those servers are more likely to be targetted. I always played local servers from my own country which often have a lower amount of players, but the community is a lot stronger there.
Those servers aren't a regular target for ddos attacks, even though they are 'less' reliable.

@TGoshi
We, or atleast myself prefer a strong community instead of 1000 players,
Too...

Back