• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

An Idea On Trainers

Sportacus

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
So today I felt like actually playing Tibia a bit, so I went to check out some OTs.

There was one thing in common with all the servers... I logged in and there was trainers.

Be it regular training monks, offline training, or squares you stand on.

I typically play a knight class..

So every time I would first log in, the same thing occured.

1. I got excited about actually playing again.
2. Looked around at mapping.
3. Had to stop playing to go punch a trainer, stand still, or log back off, to gain skills.

It just felt like I was wasting my time otherwise, and it would be best off for me to train overnight and actually attempt to play tomorrow.

This got me to thinking when I logged on Cyntara, and it had the stand on a tile version of training.

I started thinking... why not just make a huge game and event room for people to train in, so there is something more to do than idly stand still while training?

You would just make the whole area the squares you stand on to get skills.

You could include board games like chess, and checkers, and tic tac toe.

You could include a pvp arena (the kind you don't actually die in..) in there as well.

You could also include mini-games like pac man, tetris, etc etc.

You could also do your 'events' in this room, such as capture the flag, hide and sneak, zombie survival, whatever you have!

If anyone had mass increased regen from training tiles it would have to be turned off, but besides that, I can not see WHY NOT.

Why make a feature in a game where all you do is idly stand still, and have to -not play- the game.

On real tibia, you still have the risk of dying while training, but on most of these OTs, the trainers were pz'ed anywhere, so it is just promoting people to log in and NOT play, and NOT pay attention to Tibia.

But HEY, you can even have that quality in this proposed idea as well!

Just afk people would go stand in a corner, and other people can play games, or even do events while training!

Here is my biggest question is, why not do this? Why include mini-games and events on a server, but also have another part of the server (trainers) basically be a de-turrent to actually playing?

Mini-games/events happen outside the realm of the actual game world, and normally don't include death penalties, so why not combine training and mini-games/events together?

More players actually paying attention to the server, and it gives people something to do while training, AND adds the bonus of training while doing events?

So why not people? Can you please stop making me not play your server, just because I have to train? Give me something to do while training.

Post your ideas, or why this idea is a bad one.

Im gonna not play any server! xD Have not even been on tibia in years.
I love the idea!
I got an idea for a random event where players get teleported to each their own mini cave and have to beat a boss to get out, training tiles in there would be sweet!
Though, I got no idea how to script so xD Its just an idea :p

I assume that it's because most people wouldn't be able to understand it and therefore find it confusing and leave the server. That is, until one successful server introduces it, and then the rest start copying it.

I assume that it's because most people wouldn't be able to understand it and therefore find it confusing and leave the server. That is, until one successful server introduces it, and then the rest start copying it.
It is like that with all the greates ideas. All in all problem with Tibia community in General is that they don't like to :
-READ too much
-WRITE too much
-DO too much
-LEARN too much

This community is LAZY and wants everything done in few moments, all in all its just a simple definition how people change and how it is in most communities around the internet :)

Try it, make it and it will someday become second nature I'm sure!

Back