• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Any in-game map editor?

maxumic

Reaction score
Is there any in-game map editor for OT Client?

When hiring mappers it would be useful if they could log on and edit the maps directly in-game. Not just because it's live/real-time, but also because you wouldn't have to give them any proprietary server files (e.g. world.otbm)

It would also be useful to have a visual map diff feature, similar to git diff, to review what the mapper has done before accepting/rejecting the changes.

It would also be useful to have a visual map diff feature, similar to git diff, to review what the mapper has done before accepting/rejecting the changes.
This would be very useful.

Nowadays the maximum that we have is to convert your map into json and text-compare between versions. Then you would need to read by yourself and identify the changes. But it is definitely not much productive, I would use it just to debug some map changes between versions.

To build some tool like this, I think the way would be to do the last step that I mentioned, and given a json file, generate an image from it and compare using pixelmatch or looks-same tool.

Is there any in-game map editor for OT Client?

When hiring mappers it would be useful if they could log on and edit the maps directly in-game. Not just because it's live/real-time, but also because you wouldn't have to give them any proprietary server files (e.g. world.otbm)
If you have a global map, I think the only way to do it is to share with the mapper a free version of your map and ask to edit this file. Then you copy-and-paste the changes into your official map

This would be very useful.

Nowadays the maximum that we have is to convert your map into json and text-compare between versions. Then you would need to read by yourself and identify the changes. But it is definitely not much productive, I would use it just to debug some map changes between versions.

To build some tool like this, I think the way would be to do the last step that I mentioned, and given a json file, generate an image from it and compare using pixelmatch or looks-same tool.

If you have a global map, I think the only way to do it is to share with the mapper a free version of your map and ask to edit this file. Then you copy-and-paste the changes into your official map
its otland community, question was "if there is a compiled full free tool that i can download?" not about doing smth alone with little help / advice, welcome in request category

Back