• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Battle Royale in tibia?

Would you play in such a server?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

whitevo

Feeling good, thats what I do.
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing anyone having such event or server where players are dropped on map, where they loot their equipment and then fight until 1 survivor, while map is getting smaller and smaller every passing second.

In our server, we would have a waiting room, which waits for lets say 5 to 10 people.
spawns them on map, which has random items generated on map.
Game ends when there is only 1 player alive.
Every few seconds map starts burning from edges. (fire takes a little damage when you inside it)

How many of you would like to play on such server?
Feel free to give suggestions too.

Server discord: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Man, i was thinking about something similar recently. :p

I would play, but probably only several times.
You should add something cool and unique to this server to make people stay.
I have seen Last Man Standing event on other servers, but never a server based on that.

I'd love to play it if it's modified and balanced enough to make it interesting.
I can imagine both something traditional Tibia'ish to some degree, or something like the Tibia CS game that was made and hosted many years ago that was more like a bird-perspective shooter gamer like GTA 1 and 2, i.e. making actual items like grenades that's used and explodes after a delay etc..
Like it could either be boring and lame or awesome depending on how well it's made and how many players play it (or if a "single player" mode is made that could also be fun, e.g. vs AI or time trial survive the longest from monsters with WR/highscore system)

I imagine it to be more of a classic RPG experience, like Rogue, with randomized map, potions, weapons, scrolls, creatures... Surviving any game with what you can find, having it a little different each time. Sounds like a good server concept.

@e.e I had always wanted to play such a server! One of my favorite Tibia movies (when it still had sound):

Alright, here is the deal though.
Join the discord channel, so it will be easier to figure out when 5 players can test Battle Royale.
The first tests will be done in Whi World server.

Yesterday I found a map, modified it and fixed the basics.
It will be very helpful if one of you could run around the Royale map and help me to improve it by tagging map locations.
I haven't checked for map bugs in game.
Haven't decided where items could be spawned.
Most likely some map streets/caves should be connected.

The Royale map is now in live Whi World server. You can enter it with command !royale

If I get help with map, I can create the rest of the features in few days and we could already test the game.

I created an event a few years ago where everyone gets dropped down to level 1, has to hunt to lvl up, loot eq, and take out the other team. Same idea just with a few extra teammates. Issue I found is getting players to commit to such a long event.

Didn't have time to lunch it last weekend, will do the event this week.
Compared to your version, games won't be long at all.
Expecting 5-10minute matches.

We have disabled lot of features, so it would be very easy to get into and gameplay will be fast.
When event starts, you are teleported to map.
You look for items: equipment(weapons, armor, bags), runes, food
You find someone to kill or avoid getting killed by purple fire.
Purple fire starts expanding from map corners as soon as event starts.

As an event in a server, sure.
As a server itself, it won't last.

As an event in a server, sure.
As a server itself, it won't last.
You are most likely true.

However while we were playing, we saw so many different options to improve it on and make like lot of different versions of this game type.
Several map themes, with different item effects and combat options.
different game styles, instead of dieing last, your goal is to die first xD
Ranking systems.
1 map with only 7.4 sprites (requires custom client, but I think if Tibia Unity client (TUC) comes out then it will be cool addition to have)
and so on.

The another thing why it could somewhat float at bare minimum and have some players as playing, is because of the simplicity for both making the event and playing it.
Took me like 30 hours to get this event working as it right now. There are still some bugs, but to address, but the whole system itself is now at its place.
adding new features is simply matter of hours, but it increases the game content by days.

Back