• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Best Way to Test a Custom OT?

ecounlimited

Reaction score
So I made an entirely custom map with 15x exp rate, 20x magic, 20x skill, and 2x loot rate using TFS Crying Damson. I want to make sure that the exp rate is playable but not too high (I'd like characters to cap out at around 150~200, maybe reaching 300 if they put a lot of time in), and that players are able to make profit off of hunts; not losing too much money and not gaining too much money. I leveled a character to 42 so far which didn't take very long at all, but I figured there has to be a better way to do this because I want to make sure all four vocations have a good play experience.

Should I just edit my character's level and skills and test the exp/hr of spawns? Should I just open it up to a small group of people and call it 'beta', let them play through and give them some sort of reward in game later for their time before the server is officially online?

What have other people done when making a custom OT?

The only way to "Cap" out levels is to have experience stages.
15x exp will allow players to easily get above level 400 in a few months.

All i did was open server give players info about "beta" so everything will be wiped, tell them they will get few cc on start or something, and track their progress

The only way to "Cap" out levels is to have experience stages.
15x exp will allow players to easily get above level 400 in a few months.
Alright, how do these stages look?

<stage minlevel="1" maxlevel="49" multiplier="30"/>
<stage minlevel="50" maxlevel="99" multiplier="15"/>
<stage minlevel="100" maxlevel="149" multiplier="12"/>
<stage minlevel="150" maxlevel="174" multiplier="8"/>
<stage minlevel="175" maxlevel="199" multiplier="5"/>
<stage minlevel="200" multiplier="3"/>

I tested out a small Demon spawn on a level 200 and got 1.5kk an hour with x3, which would be like 40 days of just bonus stamina hunting daily to reach level 250. That sounds fine to me because there are a few better spawns, so the question is do the other stages look alright? Any suggestions?

I realize that seems like players can still level quickly (look at real Tibia), but this is my first OT so I don't expect people to be interested forever, or for it to be a huge success. The map is pretty mediocre to what I see here on the forums anyways. I'll try my best but I'm still a noob when it comes to all of this.

All i did was open server give players info about "beta" so everything will be wiped, tell them they will get few cc on start or something, and track their progress
That's not a bad idea, I'll try that or something similar.

don't forget about making higher levels busy, if you let them be bored they'll go away
dunno how to keep low levels when there are high ones already, I'd ignore those whiners, b/c many of them would play on your ot anyway.
Don't go below x3 or people will prefer playing on official servers instead.

oh, and if people enjoy hunting rats you may do it this way:
<stage minlevel="1" maxlevel="2" multiplier="2"/>
<stage minlevel="3" maxlevel="4" multiplier="4"/>
<stage minlevel="5" maxlevel="6" multiplier="6"/>
<stage minlevel="7" maxlevel="8" multiplier="8"/>
<stage minlevel="9" maxlevel="49" multiplier="10"/>
<stage minlevel="50" maxlevel="99" multiplier="15"/>
<stage minlevel="100" maxlevel="149" multiplier="12"/>
<stage minlevel="150" maxlevel="174" multiplier="8"/>
<stage minlevel="175" maxlevel="199" multiplier="5"/>
<stage minlevel="200" multiplier="3"/>

about tests:
open it for smaller group, you may invite some external players, but don't forget to lock creating accounts
if you find your ot playable throw open beta available for all and when you'll be sure that everything is going great make official opening

Also consider, when server is in beta stage there is not much players, so it easier to exp when most of spots its free, don't be like "ohh he got 200 lvl in one day" when there is more players on server it getting harder to find spots.

also players dosen't really like servers where starting exp its like 1000x and it finish in 2x
ofc its funny to very fast exp on start, but when it goes really fast and after slow a lot it getting boring. Keep in mind to give low lvl's chance to atlast get near high lvl's on server but also let top players progress.

Back