• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom Survival (Post-Apocalypse) Server

How custom do you like your OTs?

• Total voters
Xagulz servers aren't a real good example..they are not meant for human beings to play, they are meant for bots to play.

There is no benefit of playing manually, I've played myself, and I've botted, and the bot always played better than me.

At least this time, there was a reason to stop botting on XDC, and that was to do the dungeons, which, actually were fun.

Just the regular server was so dreadfully dull that it was better to just run the bot.

Don't worry people. We're going to make sure this works, and I already told Patrick Star that we needed to make sure that it was easy to play, not hard or confusing. :)

:D we had a really complicated combat system at first, but now it is going to be REALLY easy, but really fun :).

After the combat system is more complete and we work out all these bugs with the AI, we will make a teaser video :)

Some source editing, and pure LUA scripting.
I had to create some new functions (doSteerCreature didn't work the way I wanted it to).
I'm going to have to edit the NPC.cpp even more, to get it to where I want it to be.

Basically the goal is, you can give NPCs waypoints, and also give them "friends" (other NPCs) that they will talk to if they are nearby. I also want it so when you talk to them, depending on where they are, changes how the conversation will go. So if a bartender is out for supplies, he won't be able to sell you drinks, but once he is back at the bar, then you will be able to trade.

We will also have NPCs that can travel with you and help you do quests, some NPCs will actively guard the town, attacking hostile creatures and players.
Basically the goal is to make the NPCs in tibia, as smart as NPCs in other games.

I will also be working on actual working Waitresses that can take your order and bring you back your food/drink. and will clear tables once you are done eating.

Nice ! I was about to make similar thing with npcs behaviour. Well I wish you luck, since its a quite a big task :p

I think one of the biggest reasons there aren't more custom servers, is TFS isn't really built with enough functionality right now to allow you to do what you want.

My goal is to customize TFS, make it easier to use, with even greater possibilities.

I'm tired of "modified tibia servers" I want to enable people to make whatever game they dream up.

From what I noticed on servers who change to much, alot of people don't know how to play it an quit, but at the same time servers who look to much like real tibia, most people already know this, played it over and over and it gets boring like this.
So I actually like a mix of the last 3. A bit from real tibia people are used to (not the map btw), but with alot of custom things as extra.

Working on making NPCs be intelligent as well.
Here is a video to show off what I have so far:

That's really cool, good job.

Last edited:
Our goal is to make something completely new, but extremely easy to understand.

Basically, you start by picking a weapon (easy enough). You use this weapon by attacking just like RL tibia (very easy red box = you are attacking)
As you use a weapon, you will gain experience with it, and unlock new abilities you can use with that weapon.
Examples:
Use a bow, gain experience, unlock the ability to send a Volley of Arrows.
Use an axe, gain experience, unlock the ability to spin around every third hit, and hit everything around you knocking it back.
Use a flamethrower, gain experience, unlock the ability to sometimes catch the ground on fire. (fire fields build additional damage)

Since you start off, VERY simple (just normal melee attacking), and we will introduce things one at a time, it will be easy to learn, and hard to master late-game ;).
Also you will have to choose what you spend your weapon experience on, making each WEAPON highly customizable. (if you switch weapons, you lose all your skills, each weapon remembers it's experience gained and what abilities it has unlocked)

This also means you can level-up a weapon, then sell it already customized to other players. (They will have to have enough experience with the same weapon-type to use it)

Depends how you think of it.
If all the smartest, richest, and coolest people were all evacuated to the last city on earth. one built with technology able to withstand the apocalypse. Then maybe it would look like that.

mmmmmmm makes the premise kinda lame. why ever leave such a technologically advanced city that can withstand an apocalypse?

Well, maybe you need food, water, power supplies, materials, tools, maybe there are rebel forces, or evil demons kidnapping people at night, and you must go outside the walls to deal with all these different issues.

I kind of like the huge change.
You have a amazing town to be in, then you go outside the wall, and it's instantly a huge change.
It's dangerous, and vast.
You will need to buy camping equipment, food supplies, and be able to survive away from the town for days at a time.

But it is always good to have a town you can relax in between missions.

Also, this isn't the crazy catastrophe kind of apocalypse that happened. it was just a rise of these freakish fiends that wiped out most of the world's population, and so on n so on~

Back