• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Forum Basics...

R3ignlasting

Reaction score
Warning: This forum tutorial is not just for OTLand. It is for most forums all over the internet!

Hiya guys!

I'm gonna tell you about what not, and what to do on forums.

Let's start!

First off, you want to introduce yourself to the community once you made your forum account!

Usually, in some forums there are intro forums, but what I do, is when there is a Lounge, or a Chit-Chat forum, I'll introduce myself in there.

Now, you may not get a lot of responses in that thread saying "Hello, welcome" or anything like that.

But it will get you 1 post.

Another thing.

Always remember to be active to the forum, and post maybe 20 times each day....or how many you really feel like.

1 post a day won't get you much talk, or rep.

Now, another thing...if you are a smart women/man, why don't you think of creating a tutorial yourself on that forum?

Have it categorized. Maybe include pictures, and if it is a really good tutorial, you'll become a little noticed.

On most websites, thats what I do.

Now, one more way, is to join a group on the forum, and ask all of the people in that group to add you.
That will get you some friends. And they'll help you throughout your forum life too.

Also, if you are feeling lost, ask a moderator, or go to the forum FAQ for help.

One more thing, never spam on a forum, or break the forum rules.
That will get you one of these three things.

Warning-Just a small reminder.
Infraction-Now you're being punished.
Banned-You are no longer allowed to go to the forums until ban is lifted.

Note: Don't ever make a new account when you get banned.
That will end up with you getting IP Banned.

I would color the ban types this way:

Warning
Infraction
Banishment
IP Banishment

People who don't follow forum basics doesn't read tutorials :p

Back