• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA][Custom] SoE RPG - Original Mechanics - Imaginative Adventures - New World Release! [01.05.24]

Server Website/AAC
https://eu.soerpg.com/
Server Address
soulsofelysium.online
Server Port
Client Protocol
Greetings SoE patrons,

As another eventful year comes to a close we are able to lookback to appreciate the success of the year past and take a moment just to say we are grateful for every second you chose to spend with us! Overall the outlook is very positive with lots of upcoming improvements I believe will get you excited too! I will detail to you a bit of what’s to come as we begin 2024 and any questions, comments, or concerns may be discussed in the announcement thread on our discord. Since you’ve waited long enough let’s get started:

Improvements, Changes, and New Features: We have a lot of updates coming in a short time period so I will just quickly detail you some of the goals for this next month:

Mining: Expect 4 new pickaxes upgrades! Each one will add an additional mining try per click of the user! Additionally, with each upgrade to your pickaxe you also receive a greater chance of yielding bonus ore! All reported map areas where nodes have been severely lacking are now being populated with new nodes. We also plan to add three new mapped in place mines with varying mining level entry requirements. In these mines, players will find traditional ore nodes along with a new type of mining ‘ore veins’ that do not run out! Players will be able to sit and mine to acquire ore overtime. But beware, mines are dangerous places and you will have to fend off varieties of creatures in pursuit of those gains!

Crafting: 120+ new crafting recipes including a new equipment set for every vocation at every ore tier. These recipes will be very ore heavy as to give much more purpose to both these skills. Crafting will be given it’s own skill with respective highscores and you will need to continually mine and craft up through the tiers to access the higher tier creations!

Enchanting: Long have we noticed that enchanting in it’s state is lacking & too expensive. The cost for upgrading a low level item being the same as that of end game gear is a big problem so most players do not even bother! This one will take awhile but we plan to reduce costs for lower level upgrades as to make improving your gear a continuous process through the entire journey.

Spawns: There’s a lot to be desired with improvements to Narnia areas, Frosthaven respawns, greater team hunt capabilities, solo respawns for every vocation, dialing back certain overpowered areas for balance purposes etc. We hope to also improve some previously scaled down areas to bring them back to popularity.

Vocations: We plan to tackle these complaints of RP/MS dominance in exp gain. There has been many mentions of how EK/ED could scale better by level, greater spell capabilities, additional spells or runes in some cases etc. Some initial expectations can include party spell buffs, knight spell scaling by level, a version of avalanche rune entering the scene for druid and many other spell improvements elsewhere.

Features: Won’t spend much time here but we are actively working on finalizing the gold pouch feature, an in-game mana trainer so macro isn’t necessary, warmode and fixing the beloved loot statistics tool we haven’t seen since beta. Spell leveling is also on the agenda and some other things I forget to mention.

New World: I am excited to announce the next installation in the SoE series.We hope that you will join us this January 5, 2024 @ 14:00 EST for launch of our new Open/Regular PvP North America - East Coast world Mortalis. Exact details on rates to follow in the coming days but likely similar to other worlds with small changes. Our goal is to complete the majority of what i’ve listed here prior to the new release and to continue to provide the best playing experience available. We are always watching, listening, and improving so that we earn the right to be your home for all things RPG. Thank you for your continued support, so much more to come, and we wish you a happy New Year from all of us here at SoE!

pathtoglory.png
Release Time 14:00 EST
Configuration: Regular/Open PvP (skull system)
4 Frags for Redskull (1 week duration)
Delete unofficial software users on first offense
Rapid respawn
Skills: 1x Magic: 1x Loot: 1x EXP: 1x
Mortalis Registration Click Here!

Server is good and has some neat ideas, some of which could use more refining and adjustments (like the coming crafting system for example). I will mostly post my negatives here but I still recommend the server.

+ The diabolic/demonic monster system

+ The enchanting system. The downside is that this brings some of the greediest and most nasty players in OT community since everyone wants to max out their gear.

+ The custom content (quest, map, spawns etc). Glad it's there but it could REALLY use more depth and detail. There is nothing really original (frosthaven, narnia etc). There needs to be much more custom quest lines etc, spawn changes and more map detail. Narnia caves looks like it was mapped in 5 minutes with no creativity. Making a larger map by simply adding more spawns is not fun. Granting access to a new area (frosthaven) by requiring 100 magic essences is not fun, its just grindy. Most quests are simply running to a spawn, pulling levers or running through tps until you eventually get to a new area that you unlock, or to the end where there is boss to kill that unlocks an area or rewards. Me personally would like some creativity and not this same pull lever to open wall concept re-used so often.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Bot miners. Even though the servers have 3-4 people that only function as gamemasters (not counting devs or owners) they don't seem to be active at all after the first weeks of a new launch. After that they only take actions on rulebreakers if you report them on Discord, where the proof required can sometimes be impossible to provide (ss, or clips aren't always enough). Usually they want to catch someone in the act. Good luck with that when they reply to your ticket 6 hours later.

- All those "fully manual" characters with 90+ fishing that die by Quaras.

- There are some insane P2W houses that should not exist and have been abused for makerfarms etc. (hidden pickholes, 1 sqm passageways that go on forever etc.)

This is how it works: Buy the house on server start (about 1k premium points for the best houses). You and your team each have makers, max 2 allowed per PC and make SDs 24/7. Sell them to other players and use the cash to buy up all the premium points on the server. Spend it on anything you want. Since premium points is the actual used currency on new worlds you can spend it to get anything you want. Gems, fossils, game store, character auctions etc. Any surplus you sell for real $ and get back anything you ever spent on the server in the first place. You have maxed out all of your gear, have the best characters available to buy and have made a profit at no risk. Houses should be removed and current owners should be compensated.

- Even the simplest updates can sometimes take forever. "Soon" is a meme in the SoE Discord for a reason. Taoprox seems to be doing a good job when he does updates but unless he gets paid I understand he's not fully commited. New dev also seems to be good.

- Community manager Krysin/Nisryk is never wrong so don't discuss anything with him on Discord. Friend of mine got banned from the discord for saying Nisryk doesn't play his own server if he thinks a 120RP can hunt INQ HFFs without any issue. That is impossible if a diabolic HFF spawns. MAYBE if you got the best RP set and also maxed out the stats on it. Or fully maxed out resistance set which nobody has on that level.

That said even though Nisryk sometimes malds and can't take criticism and GM's in general are pretty lazy by not keeping the server clean of cheaters the server itself is still good thanks to talented developers. I believe its headed in a good direction.

7/10

Last edited:
The server is very good, Even the largest and most million-dollar companies in the world have their mistakes and failures. nothing in life is perfect. there is always some error.
In any case, always open some way to cheat, the ingenuity and intelligence of people can go very far for good or bad.
I just have to say that the server is very good, a person cannot be 100% all day because they also have other things to work on
Post automatically merged:

Server is good and has some neat ideas, some of which could use more refining and adjustments (like the coming crafting system for example). I will mostly post my negatives here but I still recommend the server.

+ The diabolic/demonic monster system

+ The enchanting system. The downside is that this brings some of the greediest and most nasty players in OT community since everyone wants to max out their gear.

+ The custom content (quest, map, spawns etc). Glad it's there but it could REALLY use more depth and detail. There is nothing really original (frosthaven, narnia etc). There needs to be much more custom quest lines etc, spawn changes and more map detail. Narnia caves looks like it was mapped in 5 minutes with no creativity. Making a larger map by simply adding more spawns is not fun. Granting access to a new area (frosthaven) by requiring 100 magic essences is not fun, its just grindy. Most quests are simply running to a spawn, pulling levers or running through tps until you eventually get to a new area that you unlock, or to the end where there is boss to kill that unlocks an area or rewards. Me personally would like some creativity and not this same pull lever to open wall concept re-used so often.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Bot miners. Even though the servers have 3-4 people that only function as gamemasters (not counting devs or owners) they don't seem to be active at all after the first weeks of a new launch. After that they only take actions on rulebreakers if you report them on Discord, where the proof required can sometimes be impossible to provide (ss, or clips aren't always enough). Usually they want to catch someone in the act. Good luck with that when they reply to your ticket 6 hours later.

- All those "fully manual" characters with 90+ fishing that die by Quaras.

- There are some insane P2W houses that should not exist and have been abused for makerfarms etc. (hidden pickholes, 1 sqm passageways that go on forever etc.)

This is how it works: Buy the house on server start (about 1k premium points for the best houses). You and your team each have makers, max 2 allowed per PC and make SDs 24/7. Sell them to other players and use the cash to buy up all the premium points on the server. Spend it on anything you want. Since premium points is the actual used currency on new worlds you can spend it to get anything you want. Gems, fossils, game store, character auctions etc. Any surplus you sell for real $ and get back anything you ever spent on the server in the first place. You have maxed out all of your gear, have the best characters available to buy and have made a profit at no risk. Houses should be removed and current owners should be compensated.

- Even the simplest updates can sometimes take forever. "Soon" is a meme in the SoE Discord for a reason. Taoprox seems to be doing a good job when he does updates but unless he gets paid I understand he's not fully commited. New dev also seems to be good.

- Community manager Krysin/Nisryk is never wrong so don't discuss anything with him on Discord. Friend of mine got banned from the discord for saying Nisryk doesn't play his own server if he thinks a 120RP can hunt INQ HFFs without any issue. That is impossible if a diabolic HFF spawns. MAYBE if you got the best RP set and also maxed out the stats on it. Or fully maxed out resistance set which nobody has on that level.

That said even though Nisryk sometimes malds and can't take criticism and GM's in general are pretty lazy by not keeping the server clean of cheaters the server itself is still good thanks to talented developers. I believe its headed in a good direction.

7/10
You are right about the fact that in the first few days they ban, but notice that they are banning for 10 days and after that time people are discouraged from playing a server because they have a lot of time, those who cheat after that time are no longer motivated to play but one day I reported a guy and they banned him from the fishing area.

buddy, we play on this server 3 times and you haven't added new mounts, e.g. from Qest. some new tasks for a small level... new things for a given profession... not changing their color, weak... gaining new mounts would give something new in the game... otherwise I think it's a copy/paste of the Adeis server.

if custom content would start a bit faster and items would be interesting at start not after u level up to 300 something this could be a good server

but instead we get new edition every few months where people just cavebot till 300 to have some fun working towards gear and from what i've observed nisyrk just decide at some point that its right time to start new edition so he delete some top lvls botting and server collapse xD

Hey man for the next launch can u please fix the economy? The server is really good and fun to play at but it feels like you have a backpack of crystal coins after just a few days of playing...

Lootrates should be lowered to keep the server being longterm instead of dropping after a few months of being online.

I feel bad for all the hardcore fans you have that spent months lvling and having fun only for a inevitable reset because the economy just becomes so inflated.

Hey man for the next launch can u please fix the economy? The server is really good and fun to play at but it feels like you have a backpack of crystal coins after just a few days of playing...

Lootrates should be lowered to keep the server being longterm instead of dropping after a few months of being online.

I feel bad for all the hardcore fans you have that spent months lvling and having fun only for a inevitable reset because the economy just becomes so inflated.
nisyrk doesnt realise that if he wants long term low rate he needs healthy economy so all he can do is just lower exp rate so ppl have to bot longer using infinite supplies

one edition we had infinite smp and shp (yes literally infinite potion) and not only us but everybody could get one as daily spawning potions were infinite (probably runes aswell) NO IMPACT on economy tho guess why...

it was a question about rates for those things maybe even last call to fix them .

Not to mention fishbot simulator which also contributes to infinite supplies.
Totally believable that someone spent 168hours clicking same sqm.

Set a new online record of 1250 players today! If you've played before I would recommend stopping by to see all new improvements and as always thanks everyone for the continued support!

P.S
15 new player giveaways posted to our discord, win some free stuff just for being there!

Ive played this server a year ago and started on the new world (mortalis) a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoy this server but what truly sets Souls of Elysium apart is the exceptional service provided by its dedicated staff. The administrators and moderators are not only knowledgeable about the game but also actively engage with the player community. They are quick to address concerns, provide assistance, and ensure that the server remains a safe and enjoyable space for everyone. The transparency and open communication from the staff further enhance the sense of community within the server.

Great server, this edition gained popularity. Some works is needed to become number one.
  • U should try hotkey edition, player ammount will be doubled.
  • BETTER WIKI !! necessary for development !!
  • MORE QUESTS! like a leo

Back