• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Germany] [Custom] Necronia ❂ Open-Beta Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Port
Client Protocol
Going out on a limb here but does anyone have an explanation/timetable on the server being down right now?
I don't have much time to play today but I would like to play :\

Going out on a limb here but does anyone have an explanation/timetable on the server being down right now?
I don't have much time to play today but I would like to play :\

Tarjei forgot his laptop at his work (where he is able to compile among other things) so it won't be until tomorrow until the server is back up and running.

How's it going staff? What news you got?

Greetings, Liro.

Do you have any predictions about the server coming back?

Well when we created this patch, we updated some of our logging and debugging systems, which in turn revealed a rather serious issue with threading. It never noticeably hindered the performance due to a low amount of people, but it could have potentially became a huge problem in the long run, a ticking bomb, and we want to get rid of this right now.

Sorry to keep you all waiting, some things are not always so easy to fix and tarjei says he requires a bit more time, no ETA given.

For those that still want to keep in touch with the world of Necronia, I will probably slip the 1st chapter of the new lore on our discord tonight. :rolleyes:

Kinda few screenshots from new lands?
SOUNDS GREAT
HYPE NECRONIA

Kinda few screenshots from new lands?
SOUNDS GREAT
HYPE NECRONIA
Maybe in some of the later chapters of the lore, the current chapter is dealing with the beginning of the universe and stuff like that, no screenshots I can provide of that at the time. :p

Super excited to play more, let us know when everything is resolved!
Will do, stay tuned.

a2Cpi7u.png

Been having a blast on the server so far, it's still in BETA but man is it fun... There's a lot to explore, and the mysteries are actually interesting. The monsters are really cool and the mechanics are awesome. Here changing your attack instance in combat actually has a really big significance and I'm loving everything so far. I haven't left the starting island yet, because I'm trying to 100% it, all bosses and quests. Bosses are insanely fun to fight, there's more than just hitting it. there are mechanics involved and I love that. Every mob is insteresting, the sprites are amazing, the map is beautiful and the client looks really good too.

I'm eager to try out the mainland content but I'll still wait out to finish everything in the starting island.

Good job on the server!

So can someone speak on the server not saving?
I ignored it the other day and just re-leveled but I'm not down to waste more time.

So can someone speak on the server not saving?
I ignored it the other day and just re-leveled but I'm not down to waste more time.

When did the server not save? This morning?
I see your post was made prior to the server save, so I suppose you're not talking about that.

I'm afraid we can't do more than apologize about last night, there was a database reversal that happened somewhere in the evening hours due to some technical failures which was spoken about on our Discord. I suggest you to join the community there if you prefer to stay up to date on the news all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back