• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Idea] Tibia Auto-patcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felipe Muniz

C++ Programmer
Reaction score
The Cipsoft uses this system to update your client, then why not for open tibia too? The user downloads a client edited, or even a new feature in the ip changer to change the address to download the update files (think that is possible), it would be more practical for updates on client personalized! :p

updateclient.jpg

What do you think? Is it really possible?

The Cipsoft uses this system to update your client, then why not for open tibia too? The user downloads a client edited, or even a new feature in the ip changer to change the address to download the update files (think that is possible), it would be more practical for updates on client personalized! :p

updateclient.jpg

What do you think? Is it really possible?

ofc if possible thats why u can see it when ur traying to connect to rl tibia with an older client:eek:

Would require editing the client, and it would require the download to be another edited client.

Quicker and better way of doing this would be to create our own client patcher.
That would run before the client.

I'm working on such program, but It will take me some time to finish it, because I'm also working on few other things.

yeah its not hard to create such program. Then you modify the client to look for otpatch.exe insteed of patch.exe for example;d

yeah its not hard to create such program. Then you modify the client to look for otpatch.exe insteed of patch.exe for example;d
Well its not that easy either.

You could just replace patch.exe
But this would be harder as you would have to follow the tibian patching way.
And it would look nicer If there was a gui, like in other games (wow, mu, ko).

Well its not that easy either.

You could just replace patch.exe
But this would be harder as you would have to follow the tibian patching way.
And it would look nicer If there was a gui, like in other games (wow, mu, ko).

I don't know how the tibia patcher works, but I think it just reads the .dat if the clientversion is the same as on the tibia.com website? and if not it downloads a new one. this is how many basic updaters work xD.

I don't know how the tibia patcher works, but I think it just reads the .dat if the clientversion is the same as on the tibia.com website? and if not it downloads a new one. this is how many basic updaters work xD.

Well it look like the patch is downloaded before the patch.exe is runned which is a bit more complicated.
It doesn't download the whole thing, only the changes.

Last edited:
But, OT Owners could infect virus's on players computers aswell so.. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back