• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Is it possible: 7.4 Client connects to 7.8 Server?

Qjaw

Reaction score
Like in Thread title... Is it possible to compile ots with 7.8 functions to let him connect through 7.6 or even 7.4 client? How to do that? ;] Thanks in advance ;]

@EDIT: It works only for 8.5x distributions? What with 7.8+ distributions? Can i use them as 7.6 or 7.4 servers? And which parts of source code are responsible for that?

Last edited:
Refresh

So can anyone tell me how i can do it? How i can modify for example server 8.54 to let players connect though 7.6 client?

I know...

I know, so i will modify Tibia.spr that it will have all spirits ;] I mean just same protocol... How to compile it?

@DOWN POST: Hmm... I think that part of sources called protocol xx is responsible for client connect. But in new server this parts sends more informations to client than in servers for example 7.6... But if it will be possible to change this protocol source and make it send less data like in 7.6 server it will be possible... Lets try this ;] Please... ;p

Last edited:
thats not so easy, if you don't know how, then you probably can't at all...noone can explain. You need to merge latest server(8.54) with protocol 7.1, there were a LOT of changes between 8.54 and 7.1 protocols

Back